Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CGT Prices

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2018, 01:39 PM
F40-r
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

In regards to maintenance, it varies across the different makes and models. From my experience, the most expensive cars to maintain are usually the rarer ones built by smaller companies.

In comparison, you can easily spend $50,000 on an XJ220 major service, which involves replacing the fuel tanks, clutch and the list goes on.

My CGT is currently in for a service and I’m being picky, even with my extensive list of “to-do’s”, it still isn’t anywhere near as expensive as servicing the F40.

My last F40 major service bill was $8700.

That’s having them serviced at the official dealers.

It’s all a price to pay for exclusivity and I think some marques play on that. It really isn’t much different from servicing some other Supercar, if anything, the Lamborghini’s are even more complicated and harder to work on and end up being much cheaper.

Thats me talking from from my personal experience.
Old 01-21-2018, 12:11 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
For the crowd that is used to other Porsche products, it's high maintenance but agree the old Ferrari's are every bit as bad and usually worse. A 997 4.0 or 2rs is like owning a Prius practically. We get spoiled. But the same thing that makes the GT/rare 911s bullet proof and cheap to maintain is the same thing that makes them not as special as a CGT: ones the best of a mass produced product, the other a truly bespoke engineering marvel. It was my final box to check in collection. I'm looking fwd to taking delivery from a good friend who got to experience it and ready to pass along.
Understand but it's a Porsche Super car -driven and maintained properly full engine clutch misc. $25 - $35k every 30 - 40,000 miles 10 - 15 years isn't bad.

959 heard stories of 100k.

918 - that's headed to a whole new level not if but when.

Congrats!
Old 01-21-2018, 02:10 AM
CGT000
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 64 Posts

If you can afford a $600k or $700k car, you shouldn't worry about a $30k service.
Old 01-21-2018, 02:47 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,087 Likes on 2,335 Posts

Originally Posted by CGT000
If you can afford a $600k or $700k car, you shouldn't worry about a $30k service.
+1
Old 01-21-2018, 06:56 AM
isv
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by F40-r
As owners, we all want them to be worth $1 million already!
Not me. I get no enjoyment out of watching values but driving the car. The car value going up significantly will only negatively impact the amount of usage I will use the car for. I'd be much happier tbh if we reverted back to 2013-2014 prices which were reasonably high but semi sensible and I felt much less constrained in using it.
Old 01-21-2018, 03:23 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by isv

Not me. I get no enjoyment out of watching values but driving the car. The car value going up significantly will only negatively impact the amount of usage I will use the car for. I'd be much happier tbh if we reverted back to 2013-2014 prices which were reasonably high but semi sensible and I felt much less constrained in using it.

Always thought the thread was for perspective buyers bonus posts towards understanding the CGT.

While the car sits during winter it's fun to see market exchanges but agree the more value the more ornamental. Started and moved it around washed just amazing when I compare build quality against the other cars.
Old 01-25-2018, 12:18 PM
CGT000
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Sterling Sackey
Sold for $715,000 at Gooding Scottsdale 2018 after buyer's premium:

https://www.goodingco.com/vehicle/20...-carrera-gt-3/

I believe this car was purchased by a dealer. Anyone knows who bought it?
Old 01-25-2018, 02:10 PM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Received 250 Likes on 144 Posts
Default Hunting for a UK or EU Car

Great Thread!

Can you guys advise me please? I am new to hunting for a CGT.

I am looking for a car with the following:
- Preferred Colour is Black, second is either Gt Silver or White
- Enough miles on it to where it can be can enjoy without really hurting its value or taking a big depreciation hit. Is that around 5k to 10k miles? I don't care about it making money just not losing too much. Advice?

I am based in the UK, so should I try and buy in the UK or in Europe?

What is considered a great price for a car that has been well looked after and meets the above criteria?

Thank you!
Old 01-25-2018, 06:33 PM
isv
Pro

Brntrubber - I would suggest contacting the guys at Porsche GB at Reading who take care of the 918/CGT. Occasionally cars come up for sale that they would be able to tell you of and anyway you will definitely want to send any car you are seriously considering to Reading for a pre purchase inspection and to check the service history with.
Old 01-25-2018, 06:42 PM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by isv
Brntrubber - I would suggest contacting the guys at Porsche GB at Reading who take care of the 918/CGT. Occasionally cars come up for sale that they would be able to tell you of and anyway you will definitely want to send any car you are seriously considering to Reading for a pre purchase inspection and to check the service history with.
Thank you for the advice. Is Reading better than say Porsche West London?
Old 01-25-2018, 06:54 PM
isv
Pro

Originally Posted by BrntRubber

Thank you for the advice. Is Reading better than say Porsche West London?
Reading are the only place that is authorised to work on the CGT and I would never consider sending my car anywhere else in any case, it's part of Porsche GB itself that is based out of Reading OPC (GB is in the building next to the showroom). They will know all the UK based cars and personally I'd pay a bit more for a car that Reading vouch for as a good one just to be sure you have a well maintained car.
Old 01-25-2018, 07:06 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,976 Likes on 919 Posts
Default CGT better to drive than Mclaren F1

A guy named Chris Palmer, who owned two Mclaren F1's, including the famous orange GTR which Tiff Needell reviewed.. as well as an F50, Porsche 962 road version and many more... says that the CGT is a better car to drive than the mclaren F1. In fact he says it's the best car he's every driven. (click on the links and read the comments)

his experience is about as credible as anyone's on earth. so, that's saying something.

View this post on Instagram

this is not a car to invest in.. this is a car to drive.
Old 01-25-2018, 07:36 PM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by isv

Reading are the only place that is authorised to work on the CGT and I would never consider sending my car anywhere else in any case, it's part of Porsche GB itself that is based out of Reading OPC (GB is in the building next to the showroom). They will know all the UK based cars and personally I'd pay a bit more for a car that Reading vouch for as a good one just to be sure you have a well maintained car.
That is good to know and very helpful. Thank you for the info!

i hope I can find a nice black example in £500k range.
Old 01-25-2018, 07:38 PM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by CAlexio
A guy named Chris Palmer, who owned two Mclaren F1's, including the famous orange GTR which Tiff Needell reviewed.. as well as an F50, Porsche 962 road version and many more... says that the CGT is a better car to drive than the mclaren F1. In fact he says it's the best car he's every driven. (click on the links and read the comments)

his experience is about as credible as anyone's on earth. so, that's saying something.

https://instagram.com/p/BbF-eIRF_3c/

https://instagram.com/p/BcLpKPMFna9/

https://instagram.com/p/BaNLbyIllnq/

this is not a car to invest in.. this is a car to drive.
Wow!!!

i remember watching Tiff’s review of th F1 back in the day.
Old 01-25-2018, 09:18 PM
isv
Pro

Originally Posted by BrntRubber

That is good to know and very helpful. Thank you for the info!

i hope I can find a nice black example in £500k range.

a repaint by Reading isn't too expensive either tbh so consider that as well than limiting yourself just to a factory black car if it's a higher mileage car (which is more likely i think at £500k) you mean to use so originality and such isn't so important. If you need a contact at some point feel free to pm.

one thing i will say, do try to have a drive in the car to be sure it's one you will like. Imo the car can be absolutely awesome but it needs the right conditions to enjoy and in the UK driving environment, i am a bit conflicted about the car as the opportunities for me to really use the car properly are quite limited.

Quick Reply: CGT Prices