Sponsored by:

RDK (Tire Pressure) Display

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 04:13 PM
DLC
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RDK (Tire Pressure) Display

I own a 2005 CGT and had a wierd event happen yesterday regarding the RDK - Tire Pressure Display. I am curious to find out if any of the members on the forum have had a similar occurence and if they discovered what the culprit was.

I was about 40 minutes into the CGT ride when I lost all four (4) tire pressure measurements. The display remained lite but all four (4) values were gone with just a horiziontal line shown at each tire location. The on board computer signaled an alarm and an error message said the system was not operational. About 15 minutes later the tire pressure measurements came back up and the error symbol shut off. This happened numerous times.

Last year I replaced all four tires and new TPMS wheel sensors. I have never had this problem. I wouldn't think this is sensor related and I am more suspect of the RDK control module located near the glove box. Has anyone experienced this???? Thanks for the help.

DLC
Old 05-07-2012, 11:42 PM
W8MM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by DLC
I own a 2005 CGT and had a wierd event happen yesterday regarding the RDK - Tire Pressure Display. I am curious to find out if any of the members on the forum have had a similar occurence and if they discovered what the culprit was.

I was about 40 minutes into the CGT ride when I lost all four (4) tire pressure measurements. The display remained lite but all four (4) values were gone with just a horiziontal line shown at each tire location. The on board computer signaled an alarm and an error message said the system was not operational. About 15 minutes later the tire pressure measurements came back up and the error symbol shut off. This happened numerous times.

Last year I replaced all four tires and new TPMS wheel sensors. I have never had this problem. I wouldn't think this is sensor related and I am more suspect of the RDK control module located near the glove box. Has anyone experienced this???? Thanks for the help.

DLC
I, too, have a 2005 Carerra GT. I was thinking TPMS wheel senders until you said they have recently been replaced. It's weird that they all went at once. I agree that the TPMS module might be involved, but it might be only a loose/oxidized connector.

My coolant sensor went on th fritz for about 15 hours while at a track event in April and fixed itself with no other issues. There was a factory campaign to check for loose conections on the coolant sensor, but mine passed the "no codes" test with flying colors .... until it acted up.

Wiggle the connectors and see it it helps
Old 05-08-2012, 12:43 PM
DLC
AutoX

Will do. I'll keep you posted and report back. Thanks for the info.

DLC
Old 05-14-2012, 12:15 PM
DLC
AutoX

W8MM,

The culprit was a faulty battery. I had a bunch of new error messages and a hard start condition. Pull off the right rear tire, inner fender liner and replaced the Porsche battery (only two (2) years old) with a new Interstate H7 battery with more cranking amps. A pain in the A** i might add.

Took the car for a long ride yesterday and all systems are up and running. Thanks for the suggestions.

DC
Old 05-14-2012, 02:32 PM
W8MM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 39 Posts

DLC,

I'm happy for you that the problem is resolved

Now, do yourself a favor and use a modern battery maintainer made by C-Tek to keep the new battery in good condition while the car is not in use. There is a thread on here somewhere that goes into the whys and wherefores.

All the best,
Old 05-14-2012, 04:34 PM
DLC
AutoX

Originally Posted by W8MM
DLC,

I'm happy for you that the problem is resolved

Now, do yourself a favor and use a modern battery maintainer made by C-Tek to keep the new battery in good condition while the car is not in use. There is a thread on here somewhere that goes into the whys and wherefores.

All the best,
Will do. And yes I did see that thread. Thanks for all the good advice.

David

Quick Reply: RDK (Tire Pressure) Display