Best exhaust for CGT

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 04:22 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by reubenk
lol! if i pull too far forward there is a refrigerator door that wife+kids will inevitably ding into the nose so I have a system down where I can press my head against the seat and line up the passenger side mirror with a certain spot on the blinds and have it out of harms way on both ends!
Check out parking lasers. A simple "x marks the spot" system that projects visible laser pointers that create a "center line" and a "bullseye" cross that projects from the ceiling (trailer roof, workshop service hoist) onto the dash of the car from above, just get the car exactly where you want it, manually adjust the lasers to point a crosshair on the dash of the car and then the long-axis guides you in and the cross-axis laser pinpoints where to stop. Just google parking lasers. : )
Old 05-14-2012, 10:19 AM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my parents need these.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:27 PM
DLC
AutoX

few pics of mine. just had engine out service to replace a leaky slave cylinder. replaced clutch while we were there even though I still had plenty of life.

enjoy.
That color is beautiful on the car. You say that you had a leaky slave cylinder. Was that the clutch release module?? What did you pay for the clutch replacement??

DLC
Old 05-14-2012, 07:31 PM
reubenk
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DLC
That color is beautiful on the car. You say that you had a leaky slave cylinder. Was that the clutch release module?? What did you pay for the clutch replacement??

DLC
not sure what the exact name of the part was (I'm not very mechanical!) - I'll have to check the bill.
if you look at the second to last picture it's the part to the right of the clutch pack.
that part was $3600. the clutch part itself was around $11K and they required the old one be sent back to them. did some minor stuff like spark plugs while in there.
all said and done it was around $25K bill.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:32 PM
reubenk
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
Check out parking lasers. A simple "x marks the spot" system that projects visible laser pointers that create a "center line" and a "bullseye" cross that projects from the ceiling (trailer roof, workshop service hoist) onto the dash of the car from above, just get the car exactly where you want it, manually adjust the lasers to point a crosshair on the dash of the car and then the long-axis guides you in and the cross-axis laser pinpoints where to stop. Just google parking lasers. : )
I like it! the high tech version of the tennis ball hanging on a string!
Old 05-14-2012, 10:44 PM
DLC
AutoX

not sure what the exact name of the part was (I'm not very mechanical!) - I'll have to check the bill.
if you look at the second to last picture it's the part to the right of the clutch pack.
that part was $3600. the clutch part itself was around $11K and they required the old one be sent back to them. did some minor stuff like spark plugs while in there.
all said and done it was around $25K bill.
Yes that is the clutch release module. The first time I heard of that. i also changed plugs and ignition coils. Almost all had hairline cracks down the length of the coil. You should be issue free for quite some time. Love that color. Enjoy.

David
Old 05-30-2012, 12:50 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 448 Likes on 267 Posts

Thanks for the kind words on our exhaust system.

I think its important to note that our system is a engineered exhaust system and all hand built, it also includes the intermediate pipes.

Additionally our system does make power with out software.

Here is more info on the system:

Pictures, Video and Dyno sheets

http://www.gmgracing.com/porsche_exh...mg_wccgt.shtml

If anyone has any specific questions please feel free to contact me directly and I would be happy to review with you.

I can be reached at the shop or via email fabryce@gmgracing.com

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series

Quick Reply: Best exhaust for CGT