Porsche Supercars Carrera GT, 918,960
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CGT or another 'Income' Property?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012 | 02:43 AM
Eggorian
Instructor

Default CGT or another 'Income' Property?

I can't stay out of this forum. I want one of these cars. Cash isn't growing on trees these days, but with what I've thrown at alleged income properties recently , I could own a quiver of them. Instead, I have Supplemental property tax bills, and roofs to replace, and sinks to un-clog, and new tenants to find up the wazoo.

CGT owners out there......please help guide me.
Old 02-08-2012 | 07:26 AM
Sonder Fahrt
Track Day

Default ;-)

go for it.
i had to smile..before reading i got a call, need to fix a stupid roof again...
i enjoy my cgt since 7 month and 4000 klm in germany. however i didnt speed up at the autobahn yet completly, unlike my former tt you really feel the speed early on... of course another income property would be rational, but we all live only once and you will never be younger than today.
Old 02-08-2012 | 10:31 AM
E-Man
Rennlist Member

I'll let you know as soon as mine arrives. PPI done, wire transfer made, now waiting for that big orange truck to show up at my house. 19 days to go
Old 02-08-2012 | 12:38 PM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Get one. It's a lot more fun than a rental property.
Old 02-08-2012 | 04:56 PM
Macster
Race Director

Originally Posted by Eggorian
I can't stay out of this forum. I want one of these cars. Cash isn't growing on trees these days, but with what I've thrown at alleged income properties recently , I could own a quiver of them. Instead, I have Supplemental property tax bills, and roofs to replace, and sinks to un-clog, and new tenants to find up the wazoo.

CGT owners out there......please help guide me.
I'm not a C-GT owner but I can't help but chip in...

I read more and more people are getting together to form companies or consortiums with the purpose of up housing at bargain prices, doing some fixing up of the house, then renting the houses.

Rents are going up -- new unit starts are down -- and of course some owners have become renters again so rental unit occupancy rates are high.

Then at some point the expectation is the economy will be running on all cylinders again and property values will go up and these properties will be sold for a nice profit.

OTOH some estimate it will take 10 years for the housing market to get out of the funk it is currently in.

Income properties have some attraction.

But so does of course a C-GT...

Sincerely,

Macster.

Quick Reply: CGT or another 'Income' Property?