Notices
Porsche Supercars Carrera GT, 918,960
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any info on the Carrera GT Crash 5/31/08 ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 01:30 AM
pete000
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Any info on the Carrera GT Crash 5/31/08 ?

I heard a black GT crashed due to driver error Saturday after leaving the Huntington Beach Concours.

Happened on PCH just across from the hotel that the show was held.

Here is what PCA had to report...

The following message was written by Garey Cooper, our Editor;

After a wonderful and fun day of Concours and entertainment there was a very unfortunate traffic accident that involved one of the cars that had been displayed at our Concours.

A black Carerra GT evidently turned left onto Pacific Coast Highway at a high rate of speed, lost control and went over the road divider into oncoming traffic, colliding with another car traveling in the opposite direction. In the other car were a mother and child who were both removed from their vehicle and transported by ambulance for care and/or observation. The impact was strong enough that the airbags deployed. We do not know if the occupants of the Porsche vehicle were injured. We also have not seen the official police report from this incident and can only report observations personally taken after the accident occurred. These observations lead us to believe that the Porsche was at fault, and even perhaps negligently so. The hotel parking attendants reported that the Porsche had left the hotel parking area at a high rate of speed; exhibiting for the onlookers.

The driver of the Porsche vehicle was not involved with the organization of the Concours or the Orange Coast Region. We do not think that they are members of the Orange Coast Region either. However the car had been on display at the Concours.

As a club we want to publicly state that we do not condone or encourage unsafe driving or undue exhibition of speed, particularly in crowded roadways where others may be injured as a consequence of these actions. Orange Coast Region urges all members to understand that our events are for the enjoyment of the participants in as safe and appropriate manner as possible. Further we all must remember that we are ambassadors of our club and the Porsche Car marque. Other drivers look at us and see the behavior of a whole class of people who drive cars similar to ours. Please use road manners that keep these facts in mind.

Our thoughts are with those injured and we hope that none of them were seriously hurt.

PART 2

There appears to be discrepancies regarding the identity of the Carrera GT involved in the accident following the Concours.

There is information that the Carrera GT was actually parked at the hotel's valet the entire day and was not displayed at our event.

Regardless of whether the car was displayed or not, the driver acted irresponsibly which was my point.

Thank you for everyone's concern regarding this event.

Last edited by pete000; 06-06-2008 at 08:22 PM.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:13 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Terrible, I hope the mother and child are okay, F the CGT!
Old 06-05-2008, 11:02 PM
mattnunez
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our Black CGT that was at the event is tucked away sleeping safe and sound at the home fortress. (GMG)

Unfortunate occurrence, I hope the driver and those involved with the accident are okay.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:58 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 443 Likes on 264 Posts

Gentleman

Please make it 100% clear that our CGT was not involved in this incident in any manner.

I would greatly appreciate removal of the picture of our car in this post as it may cause confusion about which car was involved in the incident.

Our prayers and wishes are with the family injured in the event.

If there are any questions please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Fabryce Kutyba
Vice President/ Co-Owner
GMG
714-432-1582
email fabryce@gmgracing.com

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series
Old 06-06-2008, 08:23 PM
pete000
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Edited...
Old 07-03-2008, 02:46 PM
GR997S
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Any final update on this ?
Old 07-08-2008, 12:54 AM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 518 Likes on 387 Posts

I don't condone unsafe driving either.
I have heard of details of accidents reported incorrectly.
why would PCA issue a statement that points a guilty finger at the driver?
this seems silly and unfortunate for the driver of the cgt. especially since the law is involved.
Is it possible something else caused this accident?
once again I don't condone unsafe driving but is PCA sure that is what happened?
I hope all injured parties are recovering fine.

Quick Reply: Any info on the Carrera GT Crash 5/31/08 ?