Sponsored by:

need advice on adding another car

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 04:43 PM
Thomas g.
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need advice on adding another car

I have an 05 CGT and an 07 cayenne S and wish to buy a new car after selling my 02 GT2. I was thinking of buying either a low mile 05 sl65 or a low mile 07 GT3. I know they are completely different cars, but which car would you guys pick between the above two?
Old 12-21-2007, 07:00 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

I would change the choice slightly

07 GT3 versus MB CLK 6.3 Black Series, and I can tell you that is one "extremely" difficult choice.

When you drive both you'll understand (and grin twice), but don't choose until you try them, if you can.
Old 12-22-2007, 02:50 AM
Thomas g.
Intermediate

I feel that if im in the mood and the weather is good to drive to drive the GT3 I would probably want to drive my CGT instead. I feel the SL65 really isnt a sports car and more of an everyday cruiser and great for hwy cruising with plenty of power on tap. If I didnt have a CGT I would never consider an sl65 over the GT3 but perhaps the GT3 falls into nearly the same category of the CGT.
Old 12-22-2007, 05:01 AM
themarsman
Racer

I own a Renntech SL65 and it is a great car! I would recommend that over a GT3 since you already have a CGT.

If it is a nice day and I am not going to be in traffic I drive the CGT, but if I am going somewhere where I know it will be stop and go I take the SL65.

With the Renntech mods, my SL65 is as fast as the CGT in a straight line, it doesn't reward you like the CGT but overall it is a very fun car and it is great to take the top down whenever you feel like it!
Old 12-22-2007, 10:55 AM
netburner
Instructor

I drove an SL65 directly from AMG (workscar) without the limiter (normally the car is restricted to 155mph here in Germany, don't know if the US-cars are? Because you won't hit that speed that fast ) and drove it at the german Autobahn. It just is incredible, how easy you can handle 612hp and 1000nm of torque. And even more incredible, how fast the car will go, if you really put the pedal to the metal.

A good friend of mine managed 345kph (214.37 mph) in such an unrestricted SL65, so it is as fast as a CGT without any mods It just will need it's extra time, to go to that speed, as it is half a ton heavier. And I think the maximum speed isn't that important for an US-boy, isn't it? The car is without a doubt a very good everyday car.
Old 12-22-2007, 11:10 AM
RDL
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 12 Posts

If you are looking at the new purchase as more of a daily driver, what about an Audi RS6? Good power, great design and AWD.

Quick Reply: need advice on adding another car