Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fire Extinguisher Mounting

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007 | 09:13 AM
RS Clubsport
Pro

Default Fire Extinguisher Mounting

Has anyone fitted one into the cockpit of their CGT? Would prefer to mount one at the leading of the passenger seat.

Suggestions/Advice appreciated
Old 01-18-2007 | 01:24 AM
Grizz
Track Day

you might look into the one available from Porsche. I saw one factory installed on a 997 that was located in front of the drivers seat and did not impede anything at all. And it looked like it was supposed to be there.
Old 01-18-2007 | 05:17 AM
RS Clubsport
Pro

Thanks, I'll contact Porsche.
Old 05-15-2012 | 11:30 PM
nycartdealer
Instructor

Hate to reawaken an old thread but as a new owner I was wondering on how some people have mounted fire extinguishers in their cars. I assume I need one for track events...as well as safety harness. All info appreciated
Old 05-23-2012 | 05:45 PM
Jarez Mifkin
Three Wheelin'

Pretty sure the chassis has nuts bonded in it for the shoulder harness. I think the lap belts needs an adapter like used in the GT3/RS. I looked into this in 2006 and ended up not getting anything. There was a company around then that had the whole kit for a decent price, but I can't think of their name. I also think there is a fire extinguisher that's made to fit in the triangular spot in the floor board area between the driver and passenger side, I could be dreaming this up though as I wanted to get a carbon fiber fire extinguisher made to fit that area but never got around that either.... Car is gone now, so it's a moot point for me. I'll keep digging and see what I can find...
Old 05-24-2012 | 05:17 AM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by nycartdealer
Hate to reawaken an old thread but as a new owner I was wondering on how some people have mounted fire extinguishers in their cars. I assume I need one for track events...as well as safety harness. All info appreciated
To fit the 6 point belts you must first install the set of factory fastening parts. The part number should be 980.521.909.00 and it consists of 8 bolts , washers, spacers for the lap belts, an epoxy sealer and a mounting bracket for the sub belts. I think that the process involves drilling the tub after removing the under panels. Definitely not a DIY.

Then you have to buy a set of Carrera GT specific 6p belts from Schroth in any color you like.

Best,

Quick Reply: Fire Extinguisher Mounting