Sponsored by:

fatal enzo accident

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 11:06 AM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default fatal enzo accident

Gary Eisenberg was tragically killed when his enzo hit a tree near his home in monterey, ca.
cause of the accident is unknown.

from the Monterey Herald:

A person was confirmed dead after firefighters responded to reports of a vehicle fire and possible accident in Monterey on Saturday, according to California Highway Patrol dispatchers.
According to CHP logs, the vehicle was discovered about 6 p.m. on Bit Road just south of the Monterey-Salinas Highway.
Rescuers responding to reports of a grass fire found a body in a burning vehicle that may have hit a tree, reports indicated.
Salinas Rural Fire District personnel and Monterey County Sheriff's Office investigators were at the scene late Friday. No further details were available.

posted by a friend of gary's, Tony Cricelli, on f-chat:

Here is a public note that Gary's wife just sent me:

It is with deep saddness and an enormously heavy heart that I tell of the
passing of Gary Eisenberg. He died tragicly in a automobile crash last night. As
of this writing, I don't know the particulars. No one else was involved in the
crash. The car is demolished to cinders.

Gary LOVED driving and he LOVED his Ferrari's more than anyone can imagine.
He had a wonderful day at the track watching all the car racing. We were
suppose to meet for dinner with friends and I got a call from the Coroner's Office
telling me of the accident just around 7:15 PM. That is all I know.

Tonight we must all say a prayer for our Intergalatic
Commander.......................they broke the mold when they made him. I will be forever lost
without him and no one can ever take his place in my heart.

Please call me if you want to but as I said right now I have no more
information than what I wrote here in this e-mail.

Mona

from a couple who was first upon the scene:

They say they saw black smoke and raced up the hill. When they got there, the car was engulfed in flames. They said that it appeared that Gary had hit the tree head-on and then the rear of the car swung out to the side. The tree had been hit very hard, snapping the top off from the impact. There were no skid marks and they saw no tire tracks on the dirt, only a small mark by the lip of the curb.

from f-chat on services:

On Thursday, October 26, 2006 there will be a funneral service for Gary Eisenberg. It will be at Congregation Beth Israel, 5716 Carmel Valley Road, Carmel, Ca at 2:00PM. Following the service will be the enterment at Mission Memorial Cemetary in Seaside, Ca.

In lieu of gifts or flowers, please make contributions to your favorite charity.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:52 AM
Woodster
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hate to hear this

Probably F-car "tricky handling" and lack of Manufacturer supplied/mandatory drivers training...

or driving too fast for existing conditions

MK

Last edited by Woodster; 10-25-2006 at 09:07 AM.
Old 10-23-2006, 12:56 PM
thusly
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tragic

Very, very unfortunate. There was an Enzo on display at the Ferrari Paddock at Laguna on Saturday.

Rest in peace... Prayers for the family......
Old 10-23-2006, 01:45 PM
GG Allin
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

What a ****ty way to go. Who's Gary Eisenberg?
Old 10-24-2006, 06:21 PM
HD911
Racer

Originally Posted by mbrouder
Who's Gary Eisenberg?
He was a big-wig with Nextel at some point.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:18 PM
1AS
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

Head on into a tree is usually a heart attack or suicide. Based on good day at the track quote, I'd say heart attack. AS
Old 10-24-2006, 10:09 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Alex,

Now you are scaring me!

I was hoping that a good day at the track would prevent heart attacks!
Old 10-24-2006, 11:57 PM
IcemanG17
Race Director

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Alexander Stemer
Head on into a tree is usually a heart attack or suicide. Based on good day at the track quote, I'd say heart attack. AS
Alex
Your comment makes very good sense....& I doubt anyone with an Enzo would commit suicide....so heart attack makes more sense.....tragic none the less....our prayers are with his family!
Old 10-25-2006, 01:01 PM
LA964RS
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only way an Enzo can give you a heart attack is when you get the service bill. I saw that car at the track...shame.
Old 10-25-2006, 01:05 PM
1AS
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

Hey Colm,
Long ago, I noted the cardiac arrest codes in the ER on snowy days were often accompoanied by a history of completion of shoveling, coming indoors, and warming up. But often not during the shoveling.
Recently, a business aquaintance attended a White Sox world series home game. After reaching his car, he turned to his wife and said "This was the greatest day of my life", and died. I think the mechanism is vasodilation, dropping blood pressure and cardiac perfusion.
By the time most of us reach 50, we need a stress test (and I would add a cardiac CT calcium score).

My second thought was that someone who had a great day at the track would be an unlikely suicide. Statistics I once read suggested that about a third of auto fatalities were single car events, and strongly questioned how many of these might be suicides. Just this week in ? Florida, a 16 y.o. girl was sentenced for vehicular manslaughter when she tried to kill herself after her lesbian advances were spurned. Unfortunately, she killed the young mother in the Kia as she crossed the center line to create a head-on.
Uh oh. I see my OCD is getting the best of me at the moment. AS
Old 10-25-2006, 06:58 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Very sad...RIP
Old 10-25-2006, 09:11 PM
Lozzy997
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

The bursting into flames is quite worrying, fuel cell and all (presumably?), although I imagine it must have been quite a catostrophic collision, high speed with no retardation prior, airborne upon impact. Hard to design for that I guess.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:04 AM
Ellyn66
1st Gear

To those of you on this message board that did not know Gary. Please stop guessing at what caused the accident. When it is known, I am sure it will be posted.

I did know Gary and his family for a very long time. He was my fathers best friend. I have cried everyday since the accident. I have cried for Gary, for Mona, his wife, and for Paul and Becca, his son and daughter-in-law. I have also shed many tears for my fatherwho lost his best friend. These are two guys who would pick up and do all kinds of zany things. Last Monday, they had just gotten back from 12 days in the Galapagos Islands. They have hiked Mt. Whitney, gone to the jungles of Costa Rica, sucba dived in many locations, gone to Europe and many other places. My favorite picture is one of Gary sitting on a bench on the Champs Elysse wtih french fries up his nose.

Gary loved life, he loved Mona and he loved his cars. He also loved to actually drive them instead of just looking at them gathering dust. If you want to really know more about the man, go to the f-chat thread at
http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=125979
It seems like many of the people there were friends and neighbors of Garys. They too have many wonderful things to say.

I will miss gary very much.

Ellyn Knigin Ladd

Quick Reply: fatal enzo accident