Took some pics today....

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 03:23 PM
RufMD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the kind words guys...

With regards to the F40/CGT performance comparison, I can only add this anecdotal experience. The other day, I was in the CGT and a very good, capable friend was driving my F40...we were side by side on a very deserted, wide open stretch of road. We did a couple of wide open runs from 2nd gear rolling starts...I was amazed at the shattering level of performance of the F40. Once it nudged ahead, the second time dead even, and the third time, slightly behind initially, then caught up.

The F40 performance was shatteringly fast (and sounded incredible)...I am sure that over a longer distance the CGT might outrun it, but I am amazed how 1992 technology and low weight = 2005 matching performance. Once boost kicked in, the "horses" were unleashed.

This is not a scientific comparison, but just a feel for what happened on the street.

Old 04-21-2006, 04:59 PM
Howdy993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow - would have liked to have heard & seen that!

Best wishes
Old 04-21-2006, 09:37 PM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RufMD
Thanks for the kind words guys...

With regards to the F40/CGT performance comparison, I can only add this anecdotal experience. The other day, I was in the CGT and a very good, capable friend was driving my F40...we were side by side on a very deserted, wide open stretch of road. We did a couple of wide open runs from 2nd gear rolling starts...I was amazed at the shattering level of performance of the F40. Once it nudged ahead, the second time dead even, and the third time, slightly behind initially, then caught up.

The F40 performance was shatteringly fast (and sounded incredible)...I am sure that over a longer distance the CGT might outrun it, but I am amazed how 1992 technology and low weight = 2005 matching performance. Once boost kicked in, the "horses" were unleashed.

This is not a scientific comparison, but just a feel for what happened on the street.

That must have been a blast - next time see if you can strap a video camera to one of those beasts
Old 04-22-2006, 02:42 PM
Dr JonboyG
AutoX

That's the second time I've seen you out and about. Were you at the AHA heart walk this morning? As we were driving back I saw a silver CGT pull onto Virginia and thought to myself "I bet that belongs to RufMD..."
Old 04-22-2006, 02:47 PM
RufMD
Addict
Rennlist Member

yep, that was I ! Weather was too good today...took my wife some lunch (whe was on call) so I had a little blast around town (nothing crazy of course)...its always nice to find the underpasses and short tunnels around town (roll down the windows, shift up a gear, and "give it a little"....music !

Old 04-24-2006, 09:31 PM
murphy54
8th Gear

awesome pics..great stuff
Old 04-28-2006, 02:24 PM
faris13
Advanced

Ruf MD...Are you in Lexington? looks like the andover area? Someone I know was actually talking about a CGT owner here in lexington and i figured it might be you. Anyways beautiful cars, I'm sure you know Brian Cunningham...he's a good guy.

Quick Reply: Took some pics today....