Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 01:40 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by icon
les,
you keep mentioning cgt prices "thrown around on this forum" but i did give you the email address of a dealer that would sell at dealer less holdback.
i imagine if someone were to wave a cash offer at them they would certainly listen. he claims not to have heard from anyone using me a reference.
PM me the name of the Dealer, but you should know that any Dealer would look at it as a "gift from heaven" if someone would come in and pay Sticker -Holdbacks. However, that is not the current market, and if they want that price they may as well look for last year's snow!
Old 04-08-2006, 01:44 AM
GT3 Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 174 Likes on 85 Posts

If anyone knows of a dealer that has a GT and is willing to negotiate, please PM me.
Old 04-08-2006, 02:01 AM
Ray G
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
I think some are being a little hard on PAG. Yes they built an SUV, so did Lambo by the way. The SUV was a must because Porsche was obliged to have its own showrooms. In many areas, Porsche sales are next to zero in the winter. In the old days, the dealer could sell Audis (usually) to keep things running. The SUV made a lot of money for the company when car sales slumped near the end of the 996 model run.
Actually, it was Porsche themselves that forced dealers to have stand-alone stores, and not sell other makes in the same store. The SUV is a bad idea because it's in a much more competitive market where only the latest and greatest is what sells well. Cayennes are not selling well now, and resale sucks on them. So, you can't say "poor Porsche, they really needed that SUV". I don't think they did. They could have (and have historically) developed and sold technology to another company (Audi, VW, MB) for an SUV, without damaging their brand. Clearly Mr. W. et al wants to grow the company into a more diverse one. That's what I regret.
Old 04-08-2006, 02:50 AM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

Michael,

2004 Porsche Silver Carrera GT
2005 Gallardo Pearl Orange 6-speed
2006 Murcielago Pearl Green E-Gear Coupe
2004 Ferrarl F1 Silver Maranello
2005 Ferrari F1 Red F430 Coupe
2005 Red Ford GT

CP
Old 04-08-2006, 07:06 AM
magwheel
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Thanks

Originally Posted by CP
Michael,

2004 Porsche Silver Carrera GT
2005 Gallardo Pearl Orange 6-speed
2006 Murcielago Pearl Green E-Gear Coupe
2004 Ferrarl F1 Silver Maranello
2005 Ferrari F1 Red F430 Coupe
2005 Red Ford GT

CP
Thank you CP! How about that new GT3? Love to get one because I really miss my GT2 that I traded on the Carrera GT. Car was really easy to drive and fast as hell!
Old 04-08-2006, 07:10 AM
magwheel
Instructor

Default Has a GT and is willing to negotiate

Originally Posted by GT3 Nut
If anyone knows of a dealer that has a GT and is willing to negotiate, please PM me.
Check eBay and the back of Autoweek magazine ad's section. Both usually have a few always advertised and maybe you'll get lucky.
Old 04-08-2006, 12:20 PM
CP
Race Director

Michael,

When you say: "car is easy to drive and fast as hell", are you referring to the 996 GT2 or the new 997 GT3?

CP
Old 04-08-2006, 12:22 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 87 Posts

Is it possible that Porsche has stepped in with the dealers and forced them(via incentives) to hold fast on pricing to stablize the CGt price? If so, it would be a wise move.

I also believe they should extend the warranty on the car to compensate the present owners.
Old 04-08-2006, 02:56 PM
magwheel
Instructor

Wink Easy to drive

Originally Posted by CP
Michael,

When you say: "car is easy to drive and fast as hell", are you referring to the 996 GT2 or the new 997 GT3?

CP
Hey CP, I'm talking from my personal experience in my 2003 GT2. Everything about it was easy to handle. Steering, brakes, interior controls, seating, etc.
Old 04-09-2006, 10:59 PM
rafo
8th Gear

Originally Posted by Nick
I also believe they should extend the warranty on the car to compensate the present owners.
4 year 50,000 mile warranty. I have a CGT and wouldnt mind if they extended the warranty, but I seriously wouldnt expect them to. No exotic or supercar is ever offered with a warranty like this. Usually the warranties are two year (maybe unlimited mile, but nobody drives them much).
Old 04-10-2006, 01:45 AM
CP
Race Director

Originally Posted by magwheel
Hey CP, I'm talking from my personal experience in my 2003 GT2. Everything about it was easy to handle. Steering, brakes, interior controls, seating, etc.
Michael,

I thought that's what you meant. My RUF BTR is similar to the GT2: 2WD, no PSM, just the driver, the car and the road. While the GT2 has higher HP, the acceleration numbers are quite similar.

CP
Old 04-11-2006, 04:50 PM
Woodster
Drifting

what is ENZO or Pagini Zonda warranty ??

MK
Old 04-11-2006, 08:50 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Woodster
what is ENZO or Pagini Zonda warranty ??

MK
Marty I am sure not as good as Porsche. The reason why I suggested it was the declining value of the car. It is a supercar and Porsche should partner with the owners to protect them financially and NOT take the money and run.

In essence, that is what they did. To avoid compliance with DOT regulations, they dumped a number of CGT's in the US in a short period of time driving down the value and basically telling the present owners your on your own.
Old 04-11-2006, 11:18 PM
Les Quam
Pro

Nick,
I think you are certainly correct in that Porsche imported as many 2005 CGTs as possible because they couldn't comply with or receive an exemption for the new 06 DOT regulations. And clearly in the short term that has devastated the current CGT resale value's. But from my point of view being the consumer that was the only way I could buy a new one. At MSRP or above(if for example only 400 CGTs were produced) like a Ferrrari it was more than I wanted or could spend to be the original owner.

Ford GT guys I am not bashing your car. Like all guys my age I had a poster of a Ford Gt on my wall next to my poster of Raquel Welch when I was a kid growing up in the 1960s. But it appears the build quality is pretty inconsistent and I hate to pay 150K or more for a headache? All that matters is that you are happy with your GTs. I have a good friend going through hell right now with his 06 and while Ford techs are at his shop and tell me they will sort out any problems I might have if I purchased one. My thoughts are why take the chance when a Z06 or Viper gets me the same performance with many more years of experience behind the car. I strongly believe the Ford Gt is about the best looking car to come along perhaps in my lifetime and I love the idea Ford built it, but it reminds me an awful lot of my two Boss 429s. They look a whole lot better in my warehouse then their actual performance. No flame intended.
Old 04-12-2006, 12:33 AM
ThunderC4S
Racer

No body has mentioned the values for a 2004 CGT.

Does anybody agree that in a year or two the values for a 04 model might dip into the middle 250K range ?

ThunderC4S

Quick Reply: Carrera GT's into secondary market?