Old 01-07-2006, 12:37 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Post Interesting interior color

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...QQcmdZViewItem

$379K is one of the lower prices I've seen yet (from a Porsche dealer)
Old 01-07-2006, 06:58 PM
centerpunch
Rennlist Member

Received 285 Likes on 129 Posts

The bid on that car is fake. It's a guy that places opening bids at the starting price, only on high-dollar items with reserves (knowing the opening bid can't meet the reserve). Here's his recent bid history:
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...pleted=1&all=0

On the other hand, this looks like the last item he has actually bought:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=2904
Old 01-08-2006, 04:34 AM
96C4S
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So he already bought his main form of transportation now he just needs a toy
Old 01-08-2006, 09:17 AM
Sean
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wonder if that is interior leather-to-sample? The color is listed as "lipstick" -- it may literally be a shade of lipstick!

Oh, that's a pretty sweet unicycle too.
Old 01-08-2006, 09:33 PM
YYC930
Three Wheelin'

Porsche actually has a shade of red leather done to sample back in the eighties that was called "lipstick red".....this looks close but I don't think it is bright enough....as I have seen the original color in person. Having said that....sometimes pictures do not transfer thru properly online and the exterior color can have an effect on how the interior color looks and vice versa.

I love it anyways !!!
Old 01-09-2006, 02:55 AM
DMin
Instructor

The car in question happens to have been mine up until about 2 weeks ago.

It is indeed a custom leather interior, although the specific color is Porsche Flamenco Red. Most pictures taken of the interior in the sunlight will tend to "bloom" the red, making it look MUCH more bright than it actually is. In person, it looks more burgundy.

If anyone here is considering purchasing it, I can answer questions about it. Since it isn't mine any longer, rest assured that you will receive totally honest answers.

D.Min

P.S. I need to change my sig
Old 01-09-2006, 12:16 PM
themarsman
Racer

Originally Posted by DMin
The car in question happens to have been mine up until about 2 weeks ago.

It is indeed a custom leather interior, although the specific color is Porsche Flamenco Red. Most pictures taken of the interior in the sunlight will tend to "bloom" the red, making it look MUCH more bright than it actually is. In person, it looks more burgundy.

If anyone here is considering purchasing it, I can answer questions about it. Since it isn't mine any longer, rest assured that you will receive totally honest answers.

D.Min

P.S. I need to change my sig
Why did you decide to sell the car?
Old 01-09-2006, 12:38 PM
Woodster
Drifting

DMin,
Does that mean that you have bought and sold (2) Carrera GT's ???

Please advise us,
thanks
Marty
Old 01-09-2006, 03:15 PM
DMin
Instructor

marsman

I sold the car for 2 reasons.

1) I live in a small town (Bartlesville, OK) and as a local businessman of a sort, I rely on referrals from others to make my living. As such, I became a little self-conscious about the car given its "Hey-look-at-me" styling (although personally, I think it looks glorious). I couldn't really drive it as a daily driver or even as often as I wanted to.

2) My wife and I are expecting our first child, meaning as a responsible (ack) adult, I need to rearrange my priorities. It seems boorish to have so much invested in a car when other things need to take precedence.

That having been said, I don't regret having bought the car. It was truly amazing, and I enjoyed every moment of ownership, particularly my day at the local track. I can definitively say that it far exceeded both my expectations and skill, and I now have a proper frame of reference when looking at sports cars from here on out. In fact, I have to try really hard not to roll my eyes when I hear car salespeople tell me things like, "This baby corners without hardly any body roll" or "Listen to the sound of that engine!"

Right now, I am driving a BMW 645ci as a sort-of temporary car until my M6 gets here. However, if I hear more firm info on the 997 GT3, I may choose to go that route.

Marty

I have only bought and sold one CGT. You must be mistaking me for someone far more wealthy, or foolish, or both.

D.Min
Old 01-09-2006, 03:21 PM
Sean
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Beautiful car. I love the red interior...550 Spyder-esque. A Porsche as special as the CGT deserves to be unique.
Old 01-09-2006, 03:29 PM
themarsman
Racer

Originally Posted by DMin
marsman

I sold the car for 2 reasons.

1) I live in a small town (Bartlesville, OK) and as a local businessman of a sort, I rely on referrals from others to make my living. As such, I became a little self-conscious about the car given its "Hey-look-at-me" styling (although personally, I think it looks glorious). I couldn't really drive it as a daily driver or even as often as I wanted to.

2) My wife and I are expecting our first child, meaning as a responsible (ack) adult, I need to rearrange my priorities. It seems boorish to have so much invested in a car when other things need to take precedence.

That having been said, I don't regret having bought the car. It was truly amazing, and I enjoyed every moment of ownership, particularly my day at the local track. I can definitively say that it far exceeded both my expectations and skill, and I now have a proper frame of reference when looking at sports cars from here on out. In fact, I have to try really hard not to roll my eyes when I hear car salespeople tell me things like, "This baby corners without hardly any body roll" or "Listen to the sound of that engine!"

Right now, I am driving a BMW 645ci as a sort-of temporary car until my M6 gets here. However, if I hear more firm info on the 997 GT3, I may choose to go that route.

Marty

I have only bought and sold one CGT. You must be mistaking me for someone far more wealthy, or foolish, or both.

D.Min
Marty,
Congratulations on the new arrival, kids are the greatest thing in the world!!! I have enjoyed reading your posts and hope you stay on the board.

Take care and good luck with the baby,
John
Old 01-10-2006, 11:02 PM
JS
Race Car

Received 533 Likes on 350 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
[url]
$379K is one of the lower prices I've seen yet (from a Porsche dealer)
Its used with 4k on it.

Quick Reply: Interesting interior color