Let's see all colours of Carrera GT - Page 14 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
Porsche Supercars Carrera GT, 918,960
Sponsored by:

Let's see all colours of Carrera GT

 
Old 01-12-2019, 12:17 AM
  #196  
bojali
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
bojali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: CA, MT, USA
Posts: 209
Default

Originally Posted by Eric - Plug Guy View Post
Here's another take on Orange Juice...check those wheels!

This one was originally sold in CA, The owner lived in Pebble Beach and had it serviced at Monterey Porsche. From my mechanic, special order (lambo orange, but ?) black calibers, paint work on rims. Porsche balked at the work and it took him months for them to agree. Owner sold car out of Newport Beach, CA.. He also added some rock guards between the wheel arch and door. I have more pictures of it next to mine when in for service (he didnt drive it much and the battery always died). good to see it still around..
bojali is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 11:39 AM
  #197  
E-Man
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
E-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 531
Default

^^^^sorry but barf. That color makes it look cheap and I've never been a fan of the painted wheels.

The rear suspension looks off to me. Notice all the clearance between tire and fender.
E-Man is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 05:06 PM
  #198  
CGT000
User
 
CGT000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 731
Default

Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
^^^^sorry but barf. That color makes it look cheap and I've never been a fan of the painted wheels.

The rear suspension looks off to me. Notice all the clearance between tire and fender.
Maybe the car has the lift system and it was raised before being brought into the showroom.

With regards to the color, it's really a personal thing. Some love bright and bold colors and some don't.
CGT000 is online now  
Old 01-14-2019, 04:42 PM
  #199  
Sterling Sackey
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 69
Default

Originally Posted by bojali View Post
This one was originally sold in CA, The owner lived in Pebble Beach and had it serviced at Monterey Porsche. From my mechanic, special order (lambo orange, but ?) black calibers, paint work on rims. Porsche balked at the work and it took him months for them to agree. Owner sold car out of Newport Beach, CA.. He also added some rock guards between the wheel arch and door. I have more pictures of it next to mine when in for service (he didnt drive it much and the battery always died). good to see it still around..
That car is generally known to be Pure Orange (the 997.1 GT3 RS color), but obviously a metallic version. However, this is just internet-based knowledge and could be wrong...

The other orange USA PTS CGT is Arancio Borealis (Lamborghini metallic orange), and definitely looks different in shade to this color.
Sterling Sackey is offline  
Old 01-14-2019, 04:47 PM
  #200  
Sterling Sackey
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 69
Default

As for the ride height - keep in mind it is adjustable on the Carrera GT, which has full coilover suspension at all four corners. Porsche also issued +10 mm pushrods for owners who wanted to raise their cars without affecting handling.

The cars also tended to visually sit a bit higher when first arriving at dealers, as undoubtedly the suspension settled slightly over time as with many cars.
Sterling Sackey is offline  
Old 01-20-2019, 04:02 AM
  #201  
930LVR
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 22
Default 1 of 1 - Giallo Modena - "Fly Yellow"


930LVR is offline  
Old 01-20-2019, 04:57 PM
  #202  
W8MM
Addict
Rennlist Member

 
W8MM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Cincinnati, USA
Posts: 1,117
Default

Originally Posted by 930LVR View Post
Interestingly, I was told in 2004 by PCNA honcho that Fayence yellow is almost an exact copy of Ferrari Fly yellow because it was the most requested paint-to-sample yellow for Porsche. The original customer must not have known that, or just wanted to be different in a particular way.
W8MM is offline  
Old 01-21-2019, 12:36 PM
  #203  
Me&You
User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 115
Default

Originally Posted by W8MM View Post
Interestingly, I was told in 2004 by PCNA honcho that Fayence yellow is almost an exact copy of Ferrari Fly yellow because it was the most requested paint-to-sample yellow for Porsche. The original customer must not have known that, or just wanted to be different in a particular way.
The original owner (or at least the guy the spec'd it) of the Giallo Modena CGT was the dealer principal of one of the largest Porsche dealerships in the world, so he probably knew...
Me&You is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Let's see all colours of Carrera GT


Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: