Let's see all colours of Carrera GT - Page 14 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
Porsche Supercars Carrera GT, 918,960
Sponsored by:

Let's see all colours of Carrera GT

Old 01-12-2019, 12:17 AM
bojali
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Eric - Plug Guy View Post
Here's another take on Orange Juice...check those wheels!

This one was originally sold in CA, The owner lived in Pebble Beach and had it serviced at Monterey Porsche. From my mechanic, special order (lambo orange, but ?) black calibers, paint work on rims. Porsche balked at the work and it took him months for them to agree. Owner sold car out of Newport Beach, CA.. He also added some rock guards between the wheel arch and door. I have more pictures of it next to mine when in for service (he didnt drive it much and the battery always died). good to see it still around..
Old 01-12-2019, 11:39 AM
E-Man
Addict
Rennlist Member

^^^^sorry but barf. That color makes it look cheap and I've never been a fan of the painted wheels.

The rear suspension looks off to me. Notice all the clearance between tire and fender.
Old 01-12-2019, 05:06 PM
CGT000
User

Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
^^^^sorry but barf. That color makes it look cheap and I've never been a fan of the painted wheels.

The rear suspension looks off to me. Notice all the clearance between tire and fender.
Maybe the car has the lift system and it was raised before being brought into the showroom.

With regards to the color, it's really a personal thing. Some love bright and bold colors and some don't.
Old 01-14-2019, 04:42 PM
Sterling Sackey
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bojali View Post
This one was originally sold in CA, The owner lived in Pebble Beach and had it serviced at Monterey Porsche. From my mechanic, special order (lambo orange, but ?) black calibers, paint work on rims. Porsche balked at the work and it took him months for them to agree. Owner sold car out of Newport Beach, CA.. He also added some rock guards between the wheel arch and door. I have more pictures of it next to mine when in for service (he didnt drive it much and the battery always died). good to see it still around..
That car is generally known to be Pure Orange (the 997.1 GT3 RS color), but obviously a metallic version. However, this is just internet-based knowledge and could be wrong...

The other orange USA PTS CGT is Arancio Borealis (Lamborghini metallic orange), and definitely looks different in shade to this color.
Old 01-14-2019, 04:47 PM
Sterling Sackey
Addict
Rennlist Member

As for the ride height - keep in mind it is adjustable on the Carrera GT, which has full coilover suspension at all four corners. Porsche also issued +10 mm pushrods for owners who wanted to raise their cars without affecting handling.

The cars also tended to visually sit a bit higher when first arriving at dealers, as undoubtedly the suspension settled slightly over time as with many cars.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Let's see all colours of Carrera GT

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: