Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Available GT's

I have 3 GT's available,

2x GTsilver/Ascot
1x Seal/Dk. Grey

All have MSRP of 448,300. 1 is in my showroom, the other 2 are in Germany, just completed production. Please contact me directly if you are interested, or know someone who is.

Thanks
Old 09-13-2005, 02:26 PM
JS
Race Car

Received 520 Likes on 346 Posts

I assume they are all 05s?
Old 09-13-2005, 02:28 PM
Alfie
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Member

yes, all 05's
Old 09-13-2005, 06:15 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 924 Likes on 558 Posts

Trade even up for a nice '04 arctic silver GT3??
Old 09-14-2005, 10:31 AM
phaedrus242
Instructor

I assume these are cars that had deposits on them that the buyer opted out of. I mean, dealers were supposed to do that to avoid watering down the market. A buyer for every car is what I heard. Now they go for under list, which has got to cause at least the slightest amount of displeasure in those that already paid list or even over list when the car was released. What's the floorplan on three CGT's run? Well, I'm sure Luxury motors will buy them.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:50 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 180 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Alfie
I have 3 GT's available,

2x GTsilver/Ascot
1x Seal/Dk. Grey

All have MSRP of 448,300. 1 is in my showroom, the other 2 are in Germany, just completed production. Please contact me directly if you are interested, or know someone who is.

Thanks
Champion just took delivery on 11 CGT's. They may be all spoken for or all available for sale. If for sale, probably can be had for a very good price.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:34 PM
pearldrum944
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
Champion just took delivery on 11 CGT's. They may be all spoken for or all available for sale. If for sale, probably can be had for a very good price.
Wow, I just saw an ad for them. I guess they are the largest Porsche dealership...
Old 09-15-2005, 10:48 AM
phaedrus242
Instructor

Originally Posted by Nick
It's this sort of unscrupulous selling tactics that water down the Porsche brand in general and decrease resale values for everyone. Of course, I'm sure they just had a rash of people come in to plunk down their 50k after the announcement that production numbers were going down. Way to keep the brand on top.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:36 PM
1958 Convertible D
Advanced

Originally Posted by phaedrus242
It's this sort of unscrupulous selling tactics that water down the Porsche brand in general and decrease resale values for everyone. Of course, I'm sure they just had a rash of people come in to plunk down their 50k after the announcement that production numbers were going down. Way to keep the brand on top.
More likely explanation - Porsche is fulfilling the last CGT orders that were originally planned for 2006.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:56 AM
phaedrus242
Instructor

Porsche doesn't just send out CGT's to dealers. The car has to be ordered with a 50k deposit down. The intention was to have every car sold before it was sent to a dealer. Porsche kind of looked the other way when some of their American dealers started ordering them to sit on the floor. There has been shortage of these cars at Luxury Motors and other unauthorized brokers. Right now you can buy a new CGT off of their website for 400k. Never mind that the car was probably punched a year ago and that much of the warranty has already been used up on this "new" car.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:28 PM
1958 Convertible D
Advanced

Originally Posted by phaedrus242
Porsche doesn't just send out CGT's to dealers. The car has to be ordered with a 50k deposit down. The intention was to have every car sold before it was sent to a dealer. Porsche kind of looked the other way when some of their American dealers started ordering them to sit on the floor. There has been shortage of these cars at Luxury Motors and other unauthorized brokers. Right now you can buy a new CGT off of their website for 400k. Never mind that the car was probably punched a year ago and that much of the warranty has already been used up on this "new" car.
Thanks, but I'm already familiar with the ordering process for the CGT.

I went to both the Champion and Luxury Motors website. No CGT's available at Champion, and one used 2004 at Luxury Motors (not sure who these guys are, but website indicates Chicago area). The 2004 CGT offered has almost 500 miles on it, and they're asking $390K. Warranty started when "the car is first delivered to the first retail purchaser or the date it is first used as a demonstrator, lease, or company car, whichever comes first." You're going to be disappointed if you're trying to get a new car warranty on a used car.

Curious, what's the beef against Luxury Motors?
Old 09-22-2005, 10:19 PM
deeroff
Intermediate

I bought mine for $372,000 - Prices are somewhat lower than that right now for new ones- one I knew well (almost bought it) went on ebay (sold through and delivered) for less than $350k - new, yet an 04.

I bought mine cause I wanted it - there is a glut right now - I presume that I have overpaid and assume that mid-winter 2006 prices will hover in the low $300s. I also presume that once the used ones start hitting near or after their warranty periods have expired, they will be in the $250k range - I took a rationalized hit when I bought mine tho.

Oh, I have an F430 Spider due in soon (and I ain't selling either of them).

Good luck
Old 09-24-2005, 12:24 AM
VikDiddy
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1958 Convertible D
Thanks, but I'm already familiar with the ordering process for the CGT.

I went to both the Champion and Luxury Motors website. No CGT's available at Champion, and one used 2004 at Luxury Motors (not sure who these guys are, but website indicates Chicago area). The 2004 CGT offered has almost 500 miles on it, and they're asking $390K. Warranty started when "the car is first delivered to the first retail purchaser or the date it is first used as a demonstrator, lease, or company car, whichever comes first." You're going to be disappointed if you're trying to get a new car warranty on a used car.

Curious, what's the beef against Luxury Motors?
They have a BAD rep in the Chicago area.

Here is an article. Do a google search for more info.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
State investigates high-end car dealer after consumer complaints, attorney general opens probe into Bentley dealer Luxury Motors

February 28, 2005
By Kate Ryan

Joe Abbas, president of Luxury Motors Inc., which has five area dealerships, says his company addresses every complaint it gets. Photo: John R. Boehm

The Illinois attorney general's office is investigating one of Chicago's largest high-end auto dealers.

Luxury Motors Inc., with a total of five dealerships in Downers Grove, Chicago and Orland Park, sells used luxury cars as well as new Bentleys and Mitsubishis to well-heeled customers all around the country. According to a spokeswoman for Attorney General Lisa Madigan, the office has received about 50 consumer complaints against Luxury Motors since 2000, a period in which the dealership says it sold roughly 20,000 cars.

The number and type of complaints triggered a probe by the attorney general's consumer protection division, the spokeswoman says. She declines to say when the probe began.

The attorney general's office says most of the complaints allege that Luxury Motors failed to deliver a car on which a consumer paid a deposit — $5,000 in the case of one Florida customer who bought a plane ticket to Chicago before finding out the car he wanted had been sold. The attorney general's office would not provide the name of the customer or a copy of his complaint.

Luxury Motors says consumers who pay a deposit are securing the price of a car, not necessarily the car on the dealer's lot at the time of the deposit. This policy is stated on the dealer's deposit agreement. In the case of the Florida customer, the attorney general's office says he was not aware of the deposit policy.

"That's not true," says Dave Rafus, vice-president of Luxury Motors' Bentley dealership in Downers Grove, who says he knows the customer in question.

Mr. Rafus points to the clause on Luxury Motors' standard deposit agreement. "Ninety-nine percent of people understand (the policy), but there is always the 1% who doesn't," Mr. Rafus says.

Joe Abbas, Luxury Motors' president, says some of the complaints about deposits stem from consumers who are unable to arrange financing for a car and are angered when the car is sold. "If a guy makes me wait three or four weeks and I'm paying interest on a car, that's not fair. We can't have one guy take it off the market," says Mr. Abbas. "We give that (deposit) money back."

DEALER A GIANT HERE

Luxury Motors is a giant in Chicago, selling 7,000 cars valued at $225 million last year. A Bentley spokeswoman says Luxury is "one of the largest" Bentley dealers in the U.S., and that the dealer is in good standing with the automaker. According to a Bentley survey, Luxury's consumer satisfaction score was 95 out of 100 last year, compared with a regional average of 94.2.

Allegations by consumers and in numerous lawsuits against Luxury Motors seem to center on Luxury's used-car business. Those complaints include failure to deliver a title promptly, failure to disclose a vehicle's history and selling cars with nullified warranties.

A customer from Green Bay, Wis., bought a 2000 Mercedes E320 from Luxury for $21,069 in cash on Oct. 27, according to a bill of sale provided by the customer, who declined to be identified and has not sued Luxury Motors. Mr. Abbas says the customer didn't receive the title until Jan. 21. A dealer has 20 days after a sale to submit title paperwork to the state for processing, according to Jim Kazimour, commander of the secretary of state police in Cook, Lake and DuPage counties.

"We expanded our offices and moved to a bigger one. We went from six people to 22 people in our office and we were just overwhelmed," says Mr. Abbas. "We had the title on Nov. 11, and we lost it in the move."

Mr. Rafus says the dealership has hired new workers to address the problems. "I just added another person who's just a librarian for titles. That's all they do is track titles," he says.

The Illinois attorney general's office says it has received about 50 consumer complaints against Luxury Motors Inc. since 2000. Photo: Brett Kramer

SUITS PENDING

Chicago law firm Krohn & Moss Ltd. is pursuing eight cases against Luxury, all in DuPage County Circuit Court. "I would say that's a lot," says firm partner Adam Krohn. "I can't think of another dealer we have eight with."

One of Mr. Krohn's clients alleges Luxury failed to pay off the loan on his trade-in car, damaging the client's credit rating. Another claims he bought a defective car that Luxury had already repurchased from another customer under lemon laws. Another client alleges he bought a car he thought was under warranty but, after a $3,100 repair bill, discovered was no longer covered. All of the cases are pending. Luxury denies any wrongdoing in connection with the Krohn & Moss lawsuits.

"There are some people no matter what you do you can't make them happy," Mr. Abbas says. "Worst case, we tell the customer we will take the car back. There is not one complaint that hasn't been answered yet."

The Better Business Bureau has collected 47 complaints on Luxury in the last 36 months, 16 of which are unresolved, according to a business bureau spokesman. The business bureau says the remaining 31 complaints have been resolved, which in most cases happens through mediation. Mr. Abbas says he has tried to make good on all complaints.

The Illinois secretary of state police, charged with inspecting businesses for compliance with licensing requirements, has not had any complaints about Luxury Motors, nor is the dealership on the police's "hot list" of problem dealers. "If there was something glaring, they would be on our hot list," according to Mr. Kazimour, the secretary of state police commander.

The attorney general's office took 16 actions against car dealers in Illinois in 2004, according to the spokeswoman.

©2005 by Crain Communications Inc.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 09-24-2005, 12:57 PM
1958 Convertible D
Advanced

Originally Posted by VikDiddy
One of Mr. Krohn's clients alleges Luxury failed to pay off the loan on his trade-in car, damaging the client's credit rating. Another claims he bought a defective car that Luxury had already repurchased from another customer under lemon laws.
Thanks for the info.

I'm curious if any one else has had title problems when buying Porsches? I've purchased 4 cars from private parties over the years. 3 of these required legal efforts to obtain the titles when the sellers were surprised to find out they owed more on their existing loans than they thought. Needless to say, I now follow a different process when considering buying a car from a private seller. It would be very frustrating to have this same problem when purchasing a used car from a dealer.

Quick Reply: Available GT's