Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If I may,

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 03:26 PM
Ray G
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think one of the reasons for CGT bashing is that it intrudes on an area that many feel only Ferrari can occupy. In price terms, the CGT is out of Porsche's traditional range, and well into (and beyond) modern Ferraris.

When I was considering buying my CGT, I kept thinking that Porsche was out of their league (at least in price and status). I think other people have felt that way too, and have been slow to realize how good this car is.

Finally, I recently took delivery of a new F430 coupe. It's a fantastic car, (an understatement) but not even close to the feel and sure-footedness of the CGT. However, man that Ferrari attracts attention! If you want normal, every day people to know you are some kind of dude - then drive a Ferrari! Unfortunately, every ricer and fan-boy wets his pants when they see it, and have to talk to me, beg me for a ride, or follow me. What I find with the CGT is most people don't know what it is, and just pass it off. Only car nuts really appreciate it.

So, my point is that people looking for flash, might be dissapointed with the CGT. Or, they might drive it, and realize what a fantastic performance car it is, and forget about having the flash. But historically, big prices usually buys big flash, and that is important to some people.

Quick Reply: If I may,