Sponsored by:

used cgt sale...

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 09:38 PM
fahren affair
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default used cgt sale...

owners looking for a comp, my friend just sold his. 2004 cgt w/ 1,700 miles, bought by a l.a. ferrari dealer for $405k and resold to someone in orange county.
Old 06-02-2005, 02:13 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

One swallow doesn't make a summer.

This transaction is no more indicative of value than is the one at auction, on which the high bid was $320K. We need more data points and my expectaion is that $370K is a more realistic #. I know of a CGT that sold for $100K over sticker, but that too is not a realistic data point.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:56 PM
fahren affair
Pro

i think the buyer offset some tax by trading in an f-car, the delta was enough to make the deal worthwhile for all involved. has a cgt sold for $320k? auctions are full of tire kickers, ask me how i know
Old 06-02-2005, 01:16 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

I think they are being bid "low" because the dealers don't want to tie the capital up in them...5-6 used 911s will turn much faster with greater potential profits. now if a particular dealer had a shopping list for a Customer it might be a different story.
Old 06-02-2005, 02:17 PM
Les Quam
Pro

Colm,
What auction was a CGT presented for sale that was bid up to 320K?
Old 06-02-2005, 02:50 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

It was rumoured to be in LA, I believed the source, at the time, and had no reason to question it. More emperical evidence as to the "wholesale" value would be useful.

I understand the great reluctance of owners to face the rapid depreciation on these cars (as a prospective owner, I emphatize), so wholesale transactions will tell the real story. We've seen a lightly used one bought at apporox $387K retail (posted here), so wholesale is less than that (probably), if Dealers are able to turn these cars at a profit. If they are "flipping" the lighly used ones just to be rid of them, and not tie up $..it could not be viewed as an encouraging sign.

In many ways I would love to see them hold their value..but I've seen no hard evidence. To the contrary, there is more evidence of steep depreciation, given the current discounts (posted here) to MSRP and the relatively large # of cars out there.

Not that I ever believed that the ROW would buy up the cheaply priced US cars...but the recent appreciation in the $ will probably debunk that theory as well.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:45 PM
fahren affair
Pro

It was rumoured to be in LA, I believed the source, at the time, and had no reason to question it.

the car i'm talking about is in l.a. and was on e-bay some time ago. it didn't sell (mid-300s). my friend wants to buy a 612 and the f-car dealer had a customer for the cgt. i don't know what the dealer made, but it was a win-win for all concerned.

Quick Reply: used cgt sale...