Sponsored by:

Another crashed CGT

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 05:53 PM
themarsman
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another crashed CGT

I just heard from my Porsche Tech that another CGT was crashed pretty close to my house. It was Silver with a black interior and from the sounds of it I think it will be totaled.

It was driven off road and put into the woods, apparently there are some pictures of it standing on end and when they pulled it out some trees came with it! One wheel separated with suspension parts attached, ripped completely from the car.

I should be getting some pictures pretty soon, but I am sure they will show up on the internet other places also, apparently he was out with a PCA get together so i am sure lots of people took pictures.
Old 05-16-2005, 10:38 PM
DMin
Instructor

Hopefully the driver is OK.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:27 PM
Woodster
Drifting

I hope the driver was belted and he (and passenger?) were unhurt!
post pics if you get them.
Old 05-17-2005, 01:01 PM
themarsman
Racer

I assume I would of heard if anyone was seriously hurt in the accident so I believe only the drivers ego was injured and possibly his pocket book.

I will call my Porsche guy today and see if he will email me the pictures.
Old 05-17-2005, 01:14 PM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by themarsman
I assume I would of heard if anyone was seriously hurt in the accident so I believe only the drivers ego was injured and possibly his pocket book.

I will call my Porsche guy today and see if he will email me the pictures.
which region of MI PCA was doing the drive
Old 05-17-2005, 03:16 PM
themarsman
Racer

I am pretty sure it was the Southeastern region, it happened at Kensington Park.
Old 05-17-2005, 03:41 PM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

I am pretty sure it was the Southeastern region, it happened at Kensington Park.
thanks, i was hoping to find something more on the message boards but nothing happens when i click them. for you?

http://www.sempca.org/
Old 05-17-2005, 04:16 PM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ben in lj
thanks, i was hoping to find something more on the message boards but nothing happens when i click them. for you?

Nope their forum appears to be down.
Old 05-17-2005, 05:49 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 89 Posts

I am familiar with the drive. It is a terrific ride but heavily monitored by the County Sheriff. I am surprised it was able to attain speeds to the point he left the road and ended up in the tree's. If I recall the road which winds through a park and isn't close to any forested area.

He must have been showing off. This is not a car to impress people with. It is a serious racing machine and must be treated as such.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:14 PM
Popthatthang
Banned

Talking

What was the driver smokin' dogg?
Old 05-18-2005, 02:45 AM
themarsman
Racer

Originally Posted by Nick
I am familiar with the drive. It is a terrific ride but heavily monitored by the County Sheriff. I am surprised it was able to attain speeds to the point he left the road and ended up in the tree's. If I recall the road which winds through a park and isn't close to any forested area.

He must have been showing off. This is not a car to impress people with. It is a serious racing machine and must be treated as such.
It is a beautiful road and is normally patrolled pretty well, I am sure they had quite a few cars out there so they might of had the road staked out to make sure there wasn't any police. They just resurfaced the road with brand new asphalt so the road is especially nice now. I am not sure where he went into the woods but my guess is he must of been really moving to end up in the trees, once you go off into the grass cars don't stop too well though.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:48 AM
themarsman
Racer

Originally Posted by ben in lj

I also can't get on the message boards.
Old 05-28-2005, 09:45 PM
path
Instructor

I live in this region and haven't heard a thing about it from my fellow club members. I'll make a couple calls and see if I can confirm if the story is in fact true.
Old 06-06-2005, 12:03 PM
path
Instructor

After checking around it appears the story is true. Both the driver and passenger were unhurt, thankfully. The estimated cost of repair is 220k. I was told that the car needs to go back to Stuttgart for repair. Porsche refused to fix it because the CF tub was damaged. As a result the car has been totaled.

Pat
Old 06-07-2005, 03:53 PM
themarsman
Racer

Originally Posted by path
After checking around it appears the story is true. Both the driver and passenger were unhurt, thankfully. The estimated cost of repair is 220k. I was told that the car needs to go back to Stuttgart for repair. Porsche refused to fix it because the CF tub was damaged. As a result the car has been totaled.

Pat
A guy I know collected some pieces of the CGT from the woods and gave me some pieces of carbon fibre that came from the crash. From what he collected it didn't look like it could possibly be salvageable. He also took pictures with his camera phone but hasn't been successful in emailing them to me.

Quick Reply: Another crashed CGT