Sponsored by:

Build time

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 03:26 AM
TommyO
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Build time

No, I am not purchasing a Carrera GT. I am just curious as to how long it takes for the car to be built once an order is placed. Also, does anyone know the average delivery time? -say to the East Coast.

Old 04-22-2005, 09:23 AM
DMin
Instructor

Build time is about a month. The C-GT I ordered was built in March '05 and was shipped 4/7/05. I put the deposit down in 10/04 but I knew that it was not going to be coming until the summer.

The Porsche computer still has the vehicle ONVESL but who knows? It really could get here any day now.

Of yourse, ymmv.

D. Min
Tulsa, OK
Old 04-23-2005, 05:30 AM
TommyO
4th Gear

thanks Dmin. Congrats on the car! What colour combo did you get?

Also, do you have any idea of what the wait time is between putting an order in and begining of building?

Thanks again.
Old 04-23-2005, 08:40 AM
DMin
Instructor

I ordered GT Silver exterior and a Flamenco Red interior. I think the Silver/Maroon is a classic roadster combo.

As far as I know, you cannot "order" the car any longer, as Porsche plans to roll out all cars destined for North America by July of this year. So in theory, all order have already been placed, and your only chance would be to find a dealer who has one on order that is available and is similar in spec to a car that you would have custom ordered. Some people on other sites that I frequent state that some late builds are listed as still changeable in the computer.

Hope this helps. Some others might be able to shed light on this issue as well.

D. Min
Tulsa, OK

Last edited by DMin; 04-23-2005 at 04:01 PM.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:59 AM
TommyO
4th Gear

Thanks D.

I like your choice of colour combo. Mine would be something along those lines as well. Looks like I have to scramble if I want to get one! LOL.

Quick Reply: Build time