Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CGT Pop Quiz

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 12:46 AM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 385 Likes on 268 Posts

Congratulations Mike! I look forward to your impressions.
Old 02-22-2005, 01:05 AM
painkiller
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for sharing Mike. Absolutely stunning machine and I love the CGT in that color. Can I come down and help with the break-in miles? Please post more pics (interior, engine, etc) if you can.

The only thing I can think of to say is WOW!!!!!

John
Old 02-22-2005, 11:13 PM
KY_soldier
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike, where did you buy yours from, Beechmont or Northland? I bought my CTT from Northland last year, and they have been pretty good to me. I am about 45 min south of you in Georgetown, KY. I would love to see that baby if you are going to any PCA events in the area. Best of luck and drive in good health. Cheers!...Eric
Old 02-23-2005, 12:12 AM
W8MM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by KY_soldier
Mike, where did you buy yours from, Beechmont or Northland?
Beechmont

I used to patronise Northland, since my old Cincinnati Microwave offices were just down the street from them years ago. When the 993TT came out, I was very interested in buying one and asked both Northland's owner and the sales manager individually to find out if any more headroom was possible with a sunroof-delete option. I asked them about 5 or 6 times in person and a few more times via telephone and never, ever got even a rudimentary answer. I gradually became ticked off at their disinterest in me as a customer and gave up.

Then one day I stopped in to Beechmont Volvo to investigate a complaint from a customer about the lack of fit of our cigarette lighter adapter in his "5-door" Volvo. After I was finished (another wild goose chase), I wandered next door into the Porsche showroom to see what might be seen. I was greeted by a very personable, and eager to help, Bruce Harnish. I decided to put him on the spot with the sunroof vs. headroom question.

Bruce said he thought it was a considerable improvement, but he wasn't sure by how much. He immediately offered to call a tech resource at PCNA to find out, if I had a few minutes to spare. He put me on the phone with "Helmut" who verified the benificial increase in headroom. but even he didn't know the exact amount.

Helmut asked me, "Do you want to know to the millimeter?"

I said, "Yes. Of course."

He replied, "OK. I find out."

He soon called back with the answer: 31 mm.

I then placed my 993TT order with Bruce and have never looked back. He's great and so is the service department.

Quick Reply: CGT Pop Quiz