Sponsored by:

need to share an experience with the CGT

Old 01-26-2005, 08:29 PM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MARTY KAYE
ben, I have been off rennlist for about a week but what the hell happened??
was your car in for dealer service at a porsche dealership?
what circumstances put your cgt in the hands of the incompetants?
what they did is completely unnacceptable and this would have caused most
reasonable people to throttle this guy, i give your credit for keeping your cool it is admirable
nope, it was in for a VISUAL tech inspection required for a ferrari club event. i've been recieving lots of communication from other locals sharing shockingly similar stories about their cars and this guy!
Old 01-27-2005, 01:51 AM
Biernut
Track Day

I say burn the *****-%*$^er down!!! Nothing like a little arsony to teach a lesson LOL Seriously tho, that sucks!
Old 01-31-2005, 05:48 PM
Larry Harris
Burning Brakes

Ben,
It a shame the way you were treated! I have had similar experiences with my cars in the past. I had a 2001 Z06 I took in for tires to a place I previously trusted. A few hours later I was headed back to the shop to pick-up my Z when it passed me going in the opposite direction at better than 100 mph on a city street! When the driver and his buddy returned to the shop and I confronted them about the speed they both laughed, saying they were testing the alignment and were going 55mph.
Old 02-01-2005, 04:24 PM
Mike Buck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Ben,
This is a horrible situation and I know how you feel. Given easy access, people will take advantage of your car. My father took his Turbo in for work at a shop he’d used for years and years for his other cars. Without a doubt, the car did not need to be driven for any of the described work. When the car ended up smashed into a fire hydrant, the shop came across like it was just an unfortunate accident. Pictures of the car and accident scene leave no doubt the car was being driven in a reckless and/or malicious manner purely for enjoyment. The shop you are dealing with has probably never seen a CGT and the shop my dad dealt with never sees Porsches either. See link below.

Smashed Blue Turbo S

In your situation there is less physical evidence of wrong doing. Without such your chances for recourse, other than giving the shop lots of bad press, may not be very great. The attitude of the owner you’re talking with would make my blood boil too. I sympathize with your situation and hope for the best.
Old 02-01-2005, 05:29 PM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike Buck
Ben,
This is a horrible situation and I know how you feel. Given easy access, people will take advantage of your car. My father took his Turbo in for work at a shop he’d used for years and years for his other cars. Without a doubt, the car did not need to be driven for any of the described work. When the car ended up smashed into a fire hydrant, the shop came across like it was just an unfortunate accident. Pictures of the car and accident scene leave no doubt the car was being driven in a reckless and/or malicious manner purely for enjoyment. The shop you are dealing with has probably never seen a CGT and the shop my dad dealt with never sees Porsches either. See link below.

Smashed Blue Turbo S

In your situation there is less physical evidence of wrong doing. Without such your chances for recourse, other than giving the shop lots of bad press, may not be very great. The attitude of the owner you’re talking with would make my blood boil too. I sympathize with your situation and hope for the best.
Sorry to hear about your S! I would have so lost it if I'd come out to see my car in that condition. It really is hard to understand how people can possess so little integrity and respect for others.
Old 02-02-2005, 02:23 AM
EThec
Racer

That's very disappointing. Assh****!! Obviously some discussion with the FOC and their recommended tech inspection shops is one avenue to getting these guys to wise up. Then again these guys sound like imbeciles so there may be no point. Why they feel a tech inpsection in any way entails abuse(1st gear burn out) and recklessness(150mph through a corner in a car that belongs to someone else) I have no idea.
Old 02-02-2005, 04:41 AM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by EThec
That's very disappointing. Assh****!! Obviously some discussion with the FOC and their recommended tech inspection shops is one avenue to getting these guys to wise up. Then again these guys sound like imbeciles so there may be no point. Why they feel a tech inpsection in any way entails abuse(1st gear burn out) and recklessness(150mph through a corner in a car that belongs to someone else) I have no idea.
FOC is definetely removing them from the list. They realize his presence there is a recommendation - the liability resulting thereof they do not want any part of. Turns out one of those responsible for this shop being on the list had a similar experience ("your car is solid at 160 mph")!
Old 02-02-2005, 02:07 PM
EThec
Racer

they sound very careless.
one of those responsible for them being on the list is with the FOC?....... and "you car is solid at 160mph" didn't upset them? he should have scolded the shop then and had them removed from the list.
Old 02-02-2005, 05:54 PM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by EThec
they sound very careless.
one of those responsible for them being on the list is with the FOC?....... and "you car is solid at 160mph" didn't upset them? he should have scolded the shop then and had them removed from the list.
yeah, he realizes that now, but it was a couple years ago and he thought "the guy is so well liked in the enthusiast community...".
Old 02-03-2005, 03:22 AM
Fast40th
Burning Brakes

Ben: You go get them! Those morons are a bunch of pathetic-psycopaths. DMV should revoke their licenses, the police should put them behind bars, and the BBB should alert potential customers of their incredibly unprofessional practices.
Old 02-04-2005, 12:21 AM
PTEC
Burning Brakes

I would spread word of this experiance as far as you can. Im amazed anyone would so loosely admit being so disrespectful to someone elses property. If it were me I would call the shop and let them know I was going to spread word in every corner I could that no one should under any circumstance go to thier shop ever again unless they want thier car treated like a 20 dollar hertz ford focus rental car.
Old 02-04-2005, 08:07 PM
tarpon1
Instructor

Ben; not to state the obvious but unless this candidate for the "Darwin Awards" was on a track, I'm not aware of any roads in the U.S. which have an approved speed limit of 150mph or even 115mph...in other words; he's admitted to you in the presence of others to commiting a serious criminal infraction.
Old 02-04-2005, 10:35 PM
Anir
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ben,

We had a similar experience with the employees of the Louisville Range Rover dealership, who managed to smash one of the front wheels into a curb during some sort of high-speed or off-road antics. Very frustrating. Wasn't one of the kindergarten lessons to treat other folks' property better than you would treat your own?
Old 02-21-2005, 07:14 AM
Daniel Dudley
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SO ... if there isn't any damage ... Take the car out for a nice long drive and access it. The longer the better. That should help, if all is well. Let your community know about these guys, then let it go. It sounds like the guy knows how to drive, even if he has no judgement. If this guy is really the jerk he appears to be, the universe will take care of him for you. Good luck and happy ownership.
Old 02-21-2005, 07:38 AM
Konstantin
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

@ben in lj
bring them to the court and close the shop.
This is what we do with such guys in Germany but I did#T hear such thing for more than 20 years no.
If I were you I would go to the court. no fear.

Konstantin

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: need to share an experience with the CGT