Sponsored by:

CGT FACTORY DELIVERY

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 07:01 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by ben in lj
maybe the point is to discourage customers from coming. if so, it works.
Nope. The reason why they do it is because the can get away with it. The Porsche mystique transforms usually financially savvy people to empty-headed simpleton's. Porsche knows this and makes money exploiting it.

BTW in the interest of fairness, I believe Ferrari also knows that its client base will pay "for the name". The difference between Ferrari and Porsche is Ferrari allows you to keep your pants (high resale value) whereas Porsche will take all your clothes, your home and your family.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:06 PM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
Nope. The reason why they do it is because the can get away with it. The Porsche mystique transforms usually financially savvy people to empty-headed simpleton's. Porsche knows this and makes money exploiting it.

BTW in the interest of fairness, I believe Ferrari also knows that its client base will pay "for the name". The difference between Ferrari and Porsche is Ferrari allows you to keep your pants (high resale value) whereas Porsche will take all your clothes, your home and your family.
Yesterday, 08:42 AM
lmpdesigner
Karting
Not Subscribed Join Date: Nov 2003
Full Name: Brian Willis

How to complain to Ferrari North America

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who is in charge at FNA and how can I send a letter expressing my dissastisfaction over my car's build quality? My story:

1.) Owner 1999 360 F1 Miles: 14,500 Bought car one year ago.

Problems:

A.) Blew one hose on the F1 actuator system. Banjo fitting crimped wrong at factory. Cost for one 4 foot long "Aeroquip line with banjo fittings" from Ferrari: $1000.00 I called the actual mfg. of the line and got one from them for $90.00, including overnight shipping from Europe!

B.) Bad throw out bearings--causes F1 system to shift into neutral. Evidently an ongoing problem with Ferrari on their 3rd design. Cost for throw out bearings are between $600-$800, from what I have been told.

C.) Cam Variator actuator. For 360 owners they know all about this. Ferrari will replace the variator but you must pay for the engine out service to get this done. Costs for this is about $3000.00 for labor.

D.) Driver's door window lift mechanism has gone bad. I have been told that this is a problem with 360's. Motor bolts back off and system fails. Fix is yet to b determined but cost to get at the motor is about $300-$400. So figure an easy $1000.00 to fix this factory "oops"

My objections are twofold:

1.)The level of defective parts on a car that costs this much.
2.) The cost of spare parts. It is not just that they are limited production. A hydraulic line that costs $90.00 should not be sold for $1000.00. That is criminal.

This is not my first Ferrari, so I am not totally naive about how "it works" but I am getting way too pissed off by the callous way the owners are treated.

My next car will be a Lambo if this keeps up. Ferrari will either respond to the customer or start losing those customers-including me!
Old 01-23-2005, 11:22 AM
Woodster
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NICK,
IT LOOKS LIKE THOSE CRAZY ITALIANS ARE UP TO SOMETHING ALSO...

Quick Reply: CGT FACTORY DELIVERY