Sponsored by:

F40 and CGT-what a combo!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 09:13 PM
JPS
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Does he have a daughter? Hell, for those 2 cars I'd even consider a son!
Old 10-20-2004, 09:32 PM
alexpapas
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Easy now boys...........
My kids require suitable partners from families who have at least an Enzo. A 250 GTO would be preferable. They are looking to trade up from their old man.
Old 10-21-2004, 01:49 AM
User 41221
Banned

Received 172 Likes on 107 Posts

I recently had the pleasure of being at the Kansas Speedway for a Big Brothers/Big Sisters charity event, with a F-40 owner. After drooling over his car for the better part of 30 minutes while on the grid, I had the priviledge of being passed more quickly than I have experienced previously on a track (or anywhere, for that matter!). The F-40 pulled away from EVERYONE so quickly that I thought we had all simultaneously applied our brakes.

Awesome cars... I'm not sure that I would ever want one for myself, but that was one unbelieveably fast car.

Regards,
Old 10-27-2004, 12:38 AM
Meeyatch1
Instructor

Location: Fishers, Indiana (USA) and Barrie, Ontario (Canada)

I would LOVE to have an F40....I would probably fly anywhere in the country just to ride in one and feel that rush. Seriously....it is that special of a car.
Old 11-19-2004, 05:17 PM
Rufus Sanders
Burning Brakes

The interesting thing about such photos is that it shows the true reason why someone would own two such cars. It's not to enjoy or even to admire. It's just to show off. I understand that to this guy, it was a matter of just having one then the other, and it has nothing to do with appreciation since if you can just have an F-40 and CGT, what value do they really have to you? After all, I could support my family for 10+ year on the sticker price of these. Or send my kids and my firned Jennifer's kids to college twice over, or pay off my house, my parent's house, my inlaw's house, my brother's house and still buy a GT2.

It's sad that 1 million dollars of car can sit in one driveway and the owner isn't even in a pic. Why is that? Because one look at him would explain exactly why he has two such cars...

Now I understand that this could just be a publicity shot or even just a fun thing for two rich guys to do, so more power to them, but if one guy owns these. shame on him for wasting such cash. - Ruf
Old 11-19-2004, 05:56 PM
W8MM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 32 Posts

My gosh, Rufus.

What's eatin' you?
Old 11-19-2004, 07:07 PM
Blue S2
Race Car

On the other hand, what if some one was truly an enthusiast and loved the cars for what they were and one day was fortunate enough to have enough money to own them? Is it wrong? Actually, this sort of thing is more common on Ferrari Chat. Some of those guys DO own the top cars, and more than one! Some of them are normal people with families that were fortunate to have their companies bought out, or a product become successful, or who knows what. I wouldnt be so quick to judge someone.
Old 11-19-2004, 07:20 PM
tyler
Advanced

man someone pissed in someone's wheaties...nice cars and thanks for the pics...screw the other guy...sure hope he is joking because if he isn't he sure is an ***

I don't really care about someone elses college kids anyway...i had student loans to get through grad school....but I guess some guy with an enzo could have sold his car to pay my way....what a d*ck
Old 11-20-2004, 02:50 AM
alexpapas
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Rufus Sanders
The interesting thing about such photos is that it shows the true reason why someone would own two such cars. It's not to enjoy or even to admire. It's just to show off. I understand that to this guy, it was a matter of just having one then the other, and it has nothing to do with appreciation since if you can just have an F-40 and CGT, what value do they really have to you? After all, I could support my family for 10+ year on the sticker price of these. Or send my kids and my firned Jennifer's kids to college twice over, or pay off my house, my parent's house, my inlaw's house, my brother's house and still buy a GT2.

It's sad that 1 million dollars of car can sit in one driveway and the owner isn't even in a pic. Why is that? Because one look at him would explain exactly why he has two such cars...

Now I understand that this could just be a publicity shot or even just a fun thing for two rich guys to do, so more power to them, but if one guy owns these. shame on him for wasting such cash. - Ruf
You'd be really tweaked if you saw the rest!
I have to take issue with your comments. The reason I'm not in the pics is precisely because I'n not showing off. I earned everything I have and I have a hobby that I share with thousands of others. I drive all my cars regularly and I enjoy every moment in them. You on the other hand sound very unhappy and annoyed. What do you do with your cash? how do you waste it? Do you drink? smoke? eat junk food? see crappy movies? Now those things are a waste of cash and Mother Teresa, may she rest in peace, was probably the only person on the planet who didn't "waste" money.

I hope you find something in your life to cheer yourself up with....
Old 11-20-2004, 09:32 AM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Arrow

wow what an enjoyable thread.

thank you for the eye candy & candor.

btw: think it's unfair to judge anyone on the basis of what material things one may have... for all we know the guy could be the biggest donor to 'childrens hospital' in the world. (in fact, i hope he is!)

---makes me glad god gets to judge our lives & not people.
imho.
Old 11-20-2004, 12:19 PM
tjnif993t
Instructor

Heh Alex, godbless you! You should enjoy life and shame on "whats his name" for the jealous envy! I look at it as an inspiration (at least on the material side of things) I won't get into spirituality here,but I feel blessed that i own the things that I have andd I am so much better off than alot of people. There will ALWAYS be someone who has more money .....SO WHAT!! Don't take offense to him because the problem is How "HE" reacted to you. I was told a long time ago that: "The only problems that you will have in life is how you react to people,places and things". He should take a moral inventory of himself first,I'm pretty sure he can find lots of things to change in himself instead of trying to change or define what other people need to do...........
Old 11-20-2004, 09:01 PM
carbonissimo
Advanced

Cool

Alex,
Old 11-20-2004, 09:22 PM
Moogle
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow this thread sure degenerated quick. theres always some grumpy old disgruntled guy out there that is envious of what others have.
Old 11-20-2004, 10:28 PM
C2 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Rufus Sanders
Or send my kids to college - Ruf
I bet if you had gone to college yourself you could have been driving a newer Porsche and could have paid your house off too.On an another note regardless of how much money i have i still won't pay of my friends,my friends in laws,my parents,their in laws or my neighbors and their inlaws house I work formyself not for other people,got it.

Last edited by C2 Turbo; 11-20-2004 at 11:12 PM.
Old 11-20-2004, 10:43 PM
MatroxMGA
Instructor

Alex,

Great looking cars! I would have spent my money the same way

Don´t pay any attention the other guy, he would probably be happier with an F40 and a GT in his garage too

Once again, fantastic cars!

Quick Reply: F40 and CGT-what a combo!