Sponsored by:

CGT Delivery time

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 01:47 PM
AmirGT2
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CGT Delivery time

Is it true that the delivery time on the CGT is different than other Porsches? I've been told that all CGTs have to make a stop over on the east coast before making it out here to the west coast. No direct shipments. Anyone have any ideas?

Also for anyone who has taken delivery on the west coast, how many weeks did it take for your car to show up at the dealership after you were given your VIN#?

Thanks in advance.

Amir
Old 10-03-2004, 11:48 PM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

yeah its probably gotta go to porsche in atlanta before it goes anywhere else.. i immagine all porsches comming to the states would.
Old 10-15-2004, 01:01 AM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Delivery

Because Porsche is still small they only have one PDI center in South Carolina. Your car will arrive there, be checked out, approved and shipped. My 2001 Turbo got there and the gauges didn't work. They called me and said ship in two days with black gauges or wait two weeks for aluminum ones. They shipped with black and sent the aluminum ones to the dealer 3 weeks later for install.

Typically it will be at PDI a week or less and then go directly to shipping where it will sent with a load to Los Angeles. However that is the normal process, I am not sure the CGT would be shipped with a normal load. But knowing Porsche I would not be surprised.

Must be tough to wait! Your dealer should be able to track your car. Also Porsche used to have an air freight option. Air freight direct from factory to Atlanta, then trucked to PDI. Two day delivery - versus 3 weeks or so on the boat. Then trucked to you at the dealer after clearing PDI.

I have purchased several race cars from PMNA and all are air freighted from Stuttgart directly to LAX via Luthansa. But I think all street legal cars have to clear PDI, before they can be sold for street use.

JCM
Old 10-15-2004, 03:39 AM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by supercup
Because Porsche is still small they only have one PDI center in South Carolina. Your car will arrive there, be checked out, approved and shipped. My 2001 Turbo got there and the gauges didn't work. They called me and said ship in two days with black gauges or wait two weeks for aluminum ones. They shipped with black and sent the aluminum ones to the dealer 3 weeks later for install.

Typically it will be at PDI a week or less and then go directly to shipping where it will sent with a load to Los Angeles. However that is the normal process, I am not sure the CGT would be shipped with a normal load. But knowing Porsche I would not be surprised.

Must be tough to wait! Your dealer should be able to track your car. Also Porsche used to have an air freight option. Air freight direct from factory to Atlanta, then trucked to PDI. Two day delivery - versus 3 weeks or so on the boat. Then trucked to you at the dealer after clearing PDI.

I have purchased several race cars from PMNA and all are air freighted from Stuttgart directly to LAX via Luthansa. But I think all street legal cars have to clear PDI, before they can be sold for street use.

JCM
Actually there is a PDI place in San Diego now too. However, ALL CGTs must go to Brunswick before being shipped to the selling dealer via special packaging and thru Intercity Transport only.
Old 10-15-2004, 11:28 AM
AmirGT2
Instructor

Thanks for the response guys. Ben is correct. My dealer said the car will be at Brunswick on the 20th then two days PDI and then a ride with Intercity Transport to the west coast. Hopefully it will be here by November 1st

Quick Reply: CGT Delivery time