Sponsored by:

CGT Cars For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2022, 06:39 PM
JS
Race Car

Received 523 Likes on 348 Posts

Originally Posted by dfwporsche
Does anyone know what Curated is asking on the 13k mile basalt black car? I would guess 1.3-1.4M based on the current market?
Not sure what the ask is.
Old 11-19-2022, 07:26 PM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Received 315 Likes on 179 Posts

When recession comes, will CGT hold its price at 1.5M or will it go down to sub 1M? Do exotics usually hold their price?
Old 11-20-2022, 01:50 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,636 Likes on 2,318 Posts

^ a good CGT will not fall below 1mm in this Econ... unless we see rate over 20% or WW3
below 1M I know at least several guys here who will buy 2 or 3 each....
Old 11-20-2022, 10:32 AM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,097 Likes on 544 Posts

They were sticky breaking thru 1m and probably a little sticky correcting down thru there but who knows. Actually they hit a ceiling in the 7xx's for a LONG time and had more trouble getting into 8xx than 1xxx.

No car is immune to economic pull back. And most every car shot up like rocket in the post Covid rally. So who knows. But I always felt cgt was crazy under valued vs cars just under it or way over it. As example when 7-4.0s ran up the first time they were damn near right on top of a CGT. I owned a 4.0 at that time (and no CGT) and I couldn't make sense of it. I think CGT is a little more fairly priced vs other things out there today BUT if I ever decided I wanted to swap it for some alternative in a similar category it starts looking relatively RV modestly priced again.

If you ask any specific forum if their car is cheap or expensive everyone claims they are somewhere between fair and undervalued and that they won't sell off AS MUCH in an economic downturn. It's an echo chamber. No cars are cheap today. None. But some seem to be more along for the ride than others.

I thought CGT were legitimately stupid cheap a few years ago. They seem to be at/approaching "fair" now. I look at most cars in this run up and think they are crazy high and wouldn't touch them at these price levels. If I had the dough and wanted a cgt, if I could buy a higher mileage but well maintained and good condition example a little over 1m, it still seems like a worthy car for that price tag. Based almost entirely how it drives vs how collectible it is. I've owned cars that I paid what I did due to basic s/d knowing how limited they are vs another alternative that is 90% of the drive experience for a fraction of the price. If you want a drive experience that is CGT there isn't an alternative. I actually forget what the car LOOKS like and own it entirely because g damn that drive. I forget it's a "Porsche". I've owned 911s because of their historic significance as a Porsche.

Anyway cgt will go up and down with economic cycle. People buy cars for all kinds of reasons: only puke green pink stitched cxx blah blah 1-off example in existence (and I've done that many a time). If someone wants one of, if not the most insane+unique OTT driving products to ever wear a P badge, imo that begins and ends with cgt. Idk how the market will price that over time?? It will be less than today if the economy pukes.

Last edited by Jrtaylor9; 11-20-2022 at 10:39 AM.
The following users liked this post:
911Vintage (11-21-2022)
Old 11-20-2022, 12:03 PM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
They were sticky breaking thru 1m and probably a little sticky correcting down thru there but who knows. Actually they hit a ceiling in the 7xx's for a LONG time and had more trouble getting into 8xx than 1xxx.

No car is immune to economic pull back. And most every car shot up like rocket in the post Covid rally. So who knows. But I always felt cgt was crazy under valued vs cars just under it or way over it. As example when 7-4.0s ran up the first time they were damn near right on top of a CGT. I owned a 4.0 at that time (and no CGT) and I couldn't make sense of it. I think CGT is a little more fairly priced vs other things out there today BUT if I ever decided I wanted to swap it for some alternative in a similar category it starts looking relatively RV modestly priced again.

If you ask any specific forum if their car is cheap or expensive everyone claims they are somewhere between fair and undervalued and that they won't sell off AS MUCH in an economic downturn. It's an echo chamber. No cars are cheap today. None. But some seem to be more along for the ride than others.

I thought CGT were legitimately stupid cheap a few years ago. They seem to be at/approaching "fair" now. I look at most cars in this run up and think they are crazy high and wouldn't touch them at these price levels. If I had the dough and wanted a cgt, if I could buy a higher mileage but well maintained and good condition example a little over 1m, it still seems like a worthy car for that price tag. Based almost entirely how it drives vs how collectible it is. I've owned cars that I paid what I did due to basic s/d knowing how limited they are vs another alternative that is 90% of the drive experience for a fraction of the price. If you want a drive experience that is CGT there isn't an alternative. I actually forget what the car LOOKS like and own it entirely because g damn that drive. I forget it's a "Porsche". I've owned 911s because of their historic significance as a Porsche.

Anyway cgt will go up and down with economic cycle. People buy cars for all kinds of reasons: only puke green pink stitched cxx blah blah 1-off example in existence (and I've done that many a time). If someone wants one of, if not the most insane+unique OTT driving products to ever wear a P badge, imo that begins and ends with cgt. Idk how the market will price that over time?? It will be less than today if the economy pukes.
I think most shot up vehicles are CGT and F40. Personally, definitely undervalued prior to covid (i mean, it was in 700k zone along with 458 SpA). Now some dealers are asking 1.8M. Same for F40. Low 1m to now 2m. Now, both cars are overvalued maybe. I think its because of the sheer volume of production. 1500 cars for CGT and 1200 cars for F40 i think and because of many cars, lots of cars are changing hands often and thus higher value.
Old 11-20-2022, 12:47 PM
bp95gsx
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 34 Posts

I heard from a reliable source, there are only 372 CGT left in this country. When is all the turnover going to stop? Crazy how many transactions there were for the last 2 years...
Old 11-20-2022, 12:58 PM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by bp95gsx
I heard from a reliable source, there are only 372 CGT left in this country. When is all the turnover going to stop? Crazy how many transactions there were for the last 2 years...
Turnover stops then price drops. You start seeing it when you see cars on auction that does not meet reserve.
Old 11-20-2022, 04:45 PM
bp95gsx
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 34 Posts

My theory was turnover stops and prices go up! Meaning people still want and very low inventory. No?
Old 11-20-2022, 05:29 PM
BlueGT3
Racer

Received 138 Likes on 55 Posts

how many CGTs were in the USA at peak? ~30% still seems strong...
Old 11-20-2022, 05:39 PM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

My theory was turnover stops and prices go up! Meaning people still want and very low inventory. No?
I think when cars are selling like hotcakes, price go up. Usually no inventory on autotrader and only go on auctions.

Once cars are not meeting reserve on Auction, it starts to settle down.
Old 11-20-2022, 09:20 PM
smokeygt
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I recall back in the late 80's early 90's,, a certain Ferrari sold for around 11 million and 3 years later sold for around 1 million. Pebble Beach golf club was bought by a Japanese company for I think around 660 million and was sold for 200 later on. ( I think my numbers are fairly close but not in the mood right now to verify) If it comes down to the CGT or a dozen eggs to feed my children, then I'll be afoot. I think we are entering an era that few of us have seen or can comprehend. I think ants will be ok but the grasshoppers will suffer.
Old 11-20-2022, 09:56 PM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by smokeygt
I recall back in the late 80's early 90's,, a certain Ferrari sold for around 11 million and 3 years later sold for around 1 million. Pebble Beach golf club was bought by a Japanese company for I think around 660 million and was sold for 200 later on. ( I think my numbers are fairly close but not in the mood right now to verify) If it comes down to the CGT or a dozen eggs to feed my children, then I'll be afoot. I think we are entering an era that few of us have seen or can comprehend. I think ants will be ok but the grasshoppers will suffer.
What do you mean? CGT back to 300k and GT3 at 60k?
Old 11-20-2022, 10:07 PM
JS
Race Car

Received 523 Likes on 348 Posts

Originally Posted by Ascend
What do you mean? CGT back to 300k and GT3 at 60k?
I will take 3 at $300K.
The following users liked this post:
911Vintage (11-21-2022)
Old 11-20-2022, 10:36 PM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by JS
I will take 3 at $300K.
Can you give me one please? 🥺
Old 11-21-2022, 03:32 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,636 Likes on 2,318 Posts

1. the time used talking here should be driving
2. even the run up on CGT last year or two is poor investment. send me that money and I will grow it faster for you
3. SpeA. I have the keys to one of my dear friend's. I "had" to help him drive it. I drove t 100+ miles , NEVER again do I touch it. I parked it far inside the warehouse. to me, POS. no I am not against all fiats. F50 is on par with CGT in experience, but cost more. F40.... don meet your hero is all I can say.
4. not sure about car as collectable or investment. I don't "collect" I "use" stuff. as far as "use" or "driving" not many comes close to CGT/F50/F1... a car is only good to me if I am having fun at 50mph. EVERY CAR is fun at 110mph... even my minivan.. actually it's more fun in minivan then CGT at 110.... to hold the corner, I drifted 4 lanes onto Hwy280 and almost took out the center divider...
The following 4 users liked this post by mooty:
911Vintage (11-21-2022), CGT000 (11-21-2022), MirageJHU (11-21-2022), smokeygt (11-21-2022)

Quick Reply: CGT Cars For Sale