Sponsored by:

A question of color

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 11:55 AM
hyroller
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the swift reply Mike. Hope that the powers that be are just as quick with their answers. (PAG is the most frustrating !!) Please post anything that you hear,and I'll do the same.
Old 06-02-2004, 03:36 PM
User 41221
Banned

Received 172 Likes on 107 Posts

Sorry for the wasted bandwidth here, but I have to say... just watching you guys talk about your anticipated deliveries/color choices/etc is pretty cool. The odds of me ever owning a CGT are about the same as me getting credit for inventing oxygen, so thanks for letting me live vicariously!

Regards,
Old 06-03-2004, 10:36 PM
W8MM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally posted by hyroller
Please post anything that you hear,and I'll do the same.
I just got the news!!!!

My special color (Signal Yellow) has been approved!

Go press your dealer for more details.

Cheers,
Old 06-03-2004, 11:29 PM
hyroller
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks Mike. That's great news!! I'll call my dealer in the a.m. and press him for info.
Old 06-03-2004, 11:54 PM
ringmeister
Addict
Rennlist Member

The Gulf blue looks closest to the Riviera Blue offered on the 993s.

I'd like to see the C-GT in Turquoise Blue.
Old 06-04-2004, 03:20 AM
bloodraven
Race Car

i think when i get mine (i.e. when i win the lottery) I will get mine either in black or that dark red that blue s2 did...oh hell with it...if i win the lottery, I am getting one of each...
Old 06-10-2004, 02:43 PM
Kolbjorn S
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I spoke to a guy who ordered his in Seal Gray. Nice color as well.
Old 06-13-2004, 12:51 AM
hyroller
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey Mike,Well,......I not only spoke to my dealer but also had eye to eye contact with the PCNA SW region Rep. The "Suits" were at the dealership for the arrival of the first CGT in North Florida.I asked them both about the '05/'06 build sheet,additional options/colors etc. Guess your inside contact knows more than either of them. They swore that they had no info on additional colors or options being authorized. In fact they were amazed when I told them that I had "heard" that Sig.Yellow had been made available for the CGT.They told me that S.Y.would never be considered,as there was Fayence Yellow available.. Just thought I'd pass on what I heard from them. I sincerely hope that your sources turn out to be correct Mike.....By the way no mention of the May dealer CGT update either,I was told that it will be will be published shortly ??????Regards.
Old 06-17-2004, 04:22 PM
996racer
Advanced

CGT in Guards Red - the only way to go.
Old 06-19-2004, 01:49 AM
hyroller
Addict
Rennlist Member

CGT in Guards Red - the only way to go.

Not everyones choice obviously. I've heard many people say that the Guards Red is too Ferrari like. Personally I like the red, but I wouldn't order it on my CGT. If you think of resale I belive the most popular colors would have to be GT Silver or Black. Seems that almost every new future owner that I spoke to at the Leipzig introduction "CGT Taxi Ride" last fall, was ordering either of these two colors.....Regards.
Old 06-25-2004, 12:53 AM
Paul D
Addict
Rennlist Member

Here's a pic of a silver one at Watkins Glen recently. I think the interior colors are incredible!

Old 06-25-2004, 04:08 PM
P-seller
User

Well......Check this out....I made a mistake, and ordered the wrong color for my first guys CGT. Since his car hadnt been built yet, but the order was locked, I figured we'd still be able to change it. After all, its just paint.

Well My customer, who owns a compnay that supplies the auto industry with parts, with factories all over the world, and who does business with porsche, says "I 'll call Germany and get it worked out". Come to find out, CGT body panels come from the supplier, ALREADY painted. Probably why there arent many choices. MY customer was incredulous that even though his near half million dollar car hadnt been built yet, it couldnt be changed. He's gonna get black, he wanted Silver. We've sold him four black on gray cars in the past....We had to input an oreder in DCS even thoguh it wasnt allocated so he could go to Liepzig. They wouldnt book his travel otherwise, we never went back and changed it. I couldnt reach him because his assistant quit, and he was in China, When He finally got back to me on the spec, it was locked.

Ps IT wasnt really my fault. But I just take responsibilty for it rather than blame him.

We still have on car left to sell. MY customer wants me to "take back" his black car with a gurantee of no more than 2,000 miles, and trade him even money for our last silver car.

His black car will be here in 30 days. I told him to buy the black car, drive till the silver car shows up, and sell if for a tidy profit, then buy our silver car.( after all he is a billionire) He says he doesnt care about any potential profit, and just wants to trade even. So far, we have sold our other three at list, so basically, I'd be putting list price in his 2,000 mile black car, and giving him our last silver car at list. Would it be crazy to put list in his "used" car? are We crazy for not selling our new ones above list? Specially our last one? Did any of you guys with REAL deposits paying over list from a dealer? Ive seen some in auto week for over 650,000. What would you guys, do/expect?

Crazy as it sounds, my customer and I have NO documentaion of what was suppossed to be ordered vs what was ordered, so I cant be sued....I just want todo whats fair and right.

PS
Old 06-25-2004, 04:31 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hasn't Porsche indicated what's right and fair with new cars?

The used car is more a matter of what the market will bear, and if your customer will sell it back to you then you're free to do what you want with it. Won't sales tax be an issue, unless it's leased?

How far before production is the "lock-in" set?
Old 06-25-2004, 04:40 PM
P-seller
User

Theyve indicated what they WOULD like to see dealers do regarding price, But its a free country. Individual dealers can do whatever they want regarding price. MY dealer is concerned that the later cars might be worth a whole lot more than the early cars.....as the run nears its end. It would Kill him to agree now, to sell this car at list, when perhaps at the end, an unsold CGT might fecth 700,000 or so.....

Im just trying not to get fired over the whole thing LOL

Not sure when they are locked. My customers car, was delayed over 90 days....so I havent got a "feel" for the timeline of these cars.
Old 06-25-2004, 05:21 PM
bob_dallas
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Colm
Won't sales tax be an issue, unless it's leased?

I'm not sure but I think you are asking if he'll have to pay sales tax twice...?

You only have to pay sales tax on the differential between trade-in and new car price - if they gave him sticker back for the car then there should be no net price differential and thus no sales tax. At least that's the way it works in Texas...

Quick Reply: A question of color