Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carrera GT Rennlist Gallery.......

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2004, 03:14 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Carrera GT Rennlist Gallery.......

Ready for this????

I would first like to thank Rennlister Toby Pennycuff for sending me a CD of absolutely TERRIFIC Carrera GT pictures - and hope he posts back the story behind them...

So - grab some popcorn and a beer or soda - sit back, and enjoy 139 of Toby's latest Rennlist Gallery Pictures Here:

as a slideshow:
http://gallery.rennlist.com/gallery/...Name=carreragt

as a Rennlist Gallery:
http://gallery.rennlist.com/gallery/carreragt

Our thanks Toby

Old 03-19-2004, 03:33 PM
mspiegle
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very nice pics
Old 03-19-2004, 05:10 PM
John H. in DC Area
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Very nice indeed. Expandable to higher res versions, too. Thanks, Toby and John.
Old 03-19-2004, 05:15 PM
Lead Foot 944
Three Wheelin'

wow , that was nice....wish i was there....

Thank's
DAmian
Old 03-19-2004, 05:49 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 98 Posts

Lead Foot 944,

Trust me, if you get a chance to see the Carrera GT in person, DO IT! The time you spend wandering around the car will be akin to your experiences as a kid wandering around the Kennedy Space Center (I'm giving up my age here) during the Gemini and Apollo launches. There is a certain electricity in the air, and you tend to have to forcibly remember to pull your jaw up off of the floor.

And if you are lucky enough to get someone to start it, you'll be singing like Gene Kelley in "Singin' In The Rain" - "...heaven, I'm in heaven....." Take a look at the clip ervtx caught while we were in the showroom earlier this week.

And John, I'll try to assemble my thoughts and post them here. In the meantime, enjoy looking at Carrera GT #5 here in the US and #1 in Texas!

Toby
Old 03-19-2004, 06:42 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 98 Posts
Talking So, Here's The Story Behind the Pictures

This is a copy of a post I made in the Cayenne forum last Saturday the 13th regarding my Carrera GT experience. I have copied it over from there (John D. I hope you don't mind) so that there is some continuity between this thread and the gallery pictures that are up and available. Also, let me state right up front, that credit for the pictures of the Carrera GT in its disassembled state belong solely to Jeff Lee, Park Place Master Porsche Technician and All-Around GREAT GUY! Jeff was extraordinarily kind in allowing me unfettered access to the Carrera GT you see in the high-resolution 5.0 megapixel pictures. Without Jeff's enthusiasm and support, I would not have been able to have all of the training pictures at my disposal. That said, here's the story behind the pictures.......

I came across Jeff Lee this past Thursday (a week ago) as he was moving a Cobalt Blue Cayenne S around close to where I work. Jeff is Park Place's Master Porsche Technician and we had a chance to chat. He had just come back from Carrera GT training in Atlanta and was very excited as Ken Schnitzer's car (he is the Park Place owner) was due in any time. Ken told me a little about his training experience and, naturally, I was HOOKED! I asked Jeff to keep me posted as to when Park Place's C-GT arrived so I could come look at it, which he promised to do. Given what we saw with earlier Carrera GT's that arrived in-country, they have a tendency to disappear into the owner's hands very quickly (hmmm, I wonder why?? ), and I didn't want to miss the arrival of a Carrera GT in Dallas. To my detriment, I was also making a pest of myself at the dealership asking about the arrival!

Well, I visited the dealership last Saturday the 13th to check on some other items and found out that Mr. Schnitzer's car arrived at Atlanta earlier in the week (they fly them over from Germany on a 747-300 Combi - a combination passenger-freighter aircraft. I suspect it was Lufthansa!) and had been transported by truck from Atlanta to Dallas, AND THE CAR ARRIVED THE DAY BEFORE (last Friday the 12th)!

I called Jeff and he was in and working on the car and invited me over to have a look. DAMN IT..... I didn't have my camera with me. Too bad, because I stopped by and oggled the car up close and personal for about 45 minutes.

It is DROP DEAD GORGEOUS!

This car (dash plaque #0017) is Silver with the Ascot Brown interior. I was simply dumbfounded! The car has, at best, a 3.5 inch front clearance and I have never seen so much carbon fiber in my life. Engine compartment was open and the pieces you can see are simply marvelous pieces of machining and casting. Interior is really very nice and the pedal set is an amazing piece of craftsmanship. Jeff drove the training car and said it is really something to drive. He also noted that they had just received their tools for the car - upwards of $50,000 worth of specialized tools!

The car is supposed to make it to the showroom floor sometime early next week (they are working on a couple of PDI items), so once it gets there, I'll get some pictures for posting.

All I can say is .......... WOW!!!!

As a follow-up from my communes with the car this week.....
Last Monday, I took my camera to work with me, hoping that Jeff would be gracious enough to allow me to come by and take some pictures. Sure enough, his reply was "Sure, come on over!" Needless to say, I was in my car in a flash. The pictures you see starting with the car under its cover are the pictures I took. Jeff mentioned at this point that he had all of these pictures he took while in the training class and had no way to get them copied. (Can you guess where this is going? ) He also expressed an interest in a copy of the pictures I was taking. I told Jeff that I had a burner and would be happy to make a copy for him if he wouldn't mind me having a set of his pictures as well..... and the DEED WAS DONE!

I brought his pictures home, combined them with mine and VOILA! you see the results in the gallery John D. mentioned earlier in this thread. I made the combined CD and got everything back to Jeff the next day.

AND, I went by the dealership because the car was on the floor. What a site! I met a fellow Rennlister, ervtx, at Park Place for more pictures. As before, we both walked around and around the car with our tongues wagging and dragging the floor! I did plead with the Sales Manager, Owen Ford, to start the car up, which he finally did. Russell captured that moment on his camera and has posted it here. I think you will enjoy that little video clip too.

All in all, the past seven days have been like being in Porsche Nirvanna! Hope you all enjoy the pictures. I will go in and edit the captions so they make a little more sense. ENJOY!

Toby
Old 03-20-2004, 01:25 AM
DGlenn
Racer

Wow!
Old 03-30-2004, 10:30 PM
rsrdan
Racer

I just put a deposit down on a silver one.......................OUCH!!!!!!.................My wife just slapped me in the head ,i was dreamin' again!!
Old 04-03-2004, 04:26 AM
FSAEracer03
TRB0 GUY
Rennlist Member

That is truely incredible... I would freak out to see one, be plastered-happy to ride in one, and probably have a stroke if my right foot could control that siren scream... what a truly amazing machine!!

My thanks to John and Toby... wonderful shots!
Old 04-04-2004, 06:42 PM
cf
AutoX

From Leipzig.
Attached Images  
Old 04-06-2004, 03:56 AM
Its_Lobelt
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Carrera GT is the SH$T. The most beautiful thing ever created. Screw the Enzo.
Old 04-06-2004, 12:15 PM
ljugete
Rennlist Member

AWESOME! I know what I would first get if I won the Lottery!

Old 04-09-2004, 09:30 PM
StupEd05
Pro

OMG! Im going in to the local Porsche dealer tomorow to copy my keys, I hope they have one in there! Doubt it, but one can pray cant he?

Quick Reply: Carrera GT Rennlist Gallery.......