Sponsored by:

CGT with underside damage for sale

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2020, 02:04 AM
futurelegend
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default CGT with underside damage for sale

asking is 650. something just doesnt seem right even with the damage . what are y'all thoughts ?? https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/f...rera-gt/866481
Old 04-24-2020, 02:21 PM
Sterling Sackey
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 48 Posts

Some very interesting history concerning this particular example:

https://casetext.com/case/gossett-v-hbl
Old 04-24-2020, 06:21 PM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 939 Likes on 414 Posts

Are you sure this case is talking about the same car? The case mentions a black Porsche. The one that RM is selling is silver

Originally Posted by Sterling Sackey
Some very interesting history concerning this particular example:

https://casetext.com/case/gossett-v-hbl
Old 04-24-2020, 06:29 PM
RennOracle
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

If that is all the problems the car has, that is a very good deal. The bottom pans are not expensive or hard to have done, plus only one looks like it needs to be replaced (bit bent).
That sill (is it a sill with the whole?) Can be fixed, plenty of bike guys that know how to repair carbon, plus a sill is an ornament, even if it was the tub, the only minus would be that it would not look pretty. Or easier, just swap it.

On the plus side, carbon does not show any yellowing, car looks great overall, low mileage, will need a bottom panel that can pretty much be a DIY, a sill repair, and from the suit (what was the knock tho?), a good service just to tidy it all up.

Old 04-24-2020, 06:37 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,074 Likes on 2,107 Posts

I wouldn't buy that, I would buy this one with more miles for the same price. Fresh major and hopefully no issues with the carbon. Although maybe there are a lot of them out there with them.

https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1190414
Old 04-24-2020, 06:46 PM
Sterling Sackey
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by unotaz
Are you sure this case is talking about the same car? The case mentions a black Porsche. The one that RM is selling is silver
I'm quite sure.

HBL, a limited liability company organized under the laws of Delaware with its principal place of business in Virgina, operates a car dealership, Porsche Tyson's Corner, in Virginia. HBL contracted with Auction 123 to list a new black Porsche Carrera GT for sale. Auction 123 listed the black Porsche model on Ebay as new. Driscoll, an HBL employee, was listed as the contact person for the listed black Porsche model. The plaintiff Robert A. Gosett ("Gossett") placed the highest bid of $380,000.00 on the black Porsche model. The parties agreed to substitute a silver Porsche (VIN number: WP0CA29885L001398) (hereinafter "Porsche") for the listed black Porsche model.

When Gossett received the Porsche, he started it and heard a knocking noise. Gossett took the Porsche to Porsche Cars North America, an authorized dealer ("Dealer"), in Bluffton, South Carolina. The Dealer stated that the engine would have to be lifted to determine the problem. Gosett did not consent because he believes that lifting the engine would diminish the value of the Porsche.

Gossett is suing for breach of contract, breach of warranty, quantum meruit, promissory estoppel, breach of implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing, breach of contract accompanied by a fraudulent act, violation of Virginia motor vehicle dealer's statute, negligence, unfair trade practices, misrepresentation, conspiracy, the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations statute 18 U.S.C. §§ 1961- 1964, and the Magnusson Moss Warranty Act 15 U.S.C. §§ 2301- 2308.
Old 04-25-2020, 01:11 AM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 939 Likes on 414 Posts

Ah got it, I skimmed through the article too quickly.

Originally Posted by Sterling Sackey
I'm quite sure.

HBL, a limited liability company organized under the laws of Delaware with its principal place of business in Virgina, operates a car dealership, Porsche Tyson's Corner, in Virginia. HBL contracted with Auction 123 to list a new black Porsche Carrera GT for sale. Auction 123 listed the black Porsche model on Ebay as new. Driscoll, an HBL employee, was listed as the contact person for the listed black Porsche model. The plaintiff Robert A. Gosett ("Gossett") placed the highest bid of $380,000.00 on the black Porsche model. The parties agreed to substitute a silver Porsche (VIN number: WP0CA29885L001398) (hereinafter "Porsche") for the listed black Porsche model.

When Gossett received the Porsche, he started it and heard a knocking noise. Gossett took the Porsche to Porsche Cars North America, an authorized dealer ("Dealer"), in Bluffton, South Carolina. The Dealer stated that the engine would have to be lifted to determine the problem. Gosett did not consent because he believes that lifting the engine would diminish the value of the Porsche.

Gossett is suing for breach of contract, breach of warranty, quantum meruit, promissory estoppel, breach of implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing, breach of contract accompanied by a fraudulent act, violation of Virginia motor vehicle dealer's statute, negligence, unfair trade practices, misrepresentation, conspiracy, the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations statute 18 U.S.C. §§ 1961- 1964, and the Magnusson Moss Warranty Act 15 U.S.C. §§ 2301- 2308.
Old 04-25-2020, 05:29 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,993 Likes on 2,276 Posts

Originally Posted by RennOracle
If that is all the problems the car has, that is a very good deal. The bottom pans are not expensive or hard to have done, plus only one looks like it needs to be replaced (bit bent).
That sill (is it a sill with the whole?) Can be fixed, plenty of bike guys that know how to repair carbon, plus a sill is an ornament, even if it was the tub, the only minus would be that it would not look pretty. Or easier, just swap it.

On the plus side, carbon does not show any yellowing, car looks great overall, low mileage, will need a bottom panel that can pretty much be a DIY, a sill repair, and from the suit (what was the knock tho?), a good service just to tidy it all up.
Why buy a car with issues when there are other ones without issues. Just proves my point that I will NEVER buy a CGT without a full PPI inspection with MY inspector.
Old 04-25-2020, 05:39 PM
MirageJHU
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RennOracle

uhhh - saying something is not expensive is definitely relative, do you have a source for these parts? Luckily I don't need them, but from everyone I've talked to these are hard to get and like most things on the CGT laughably expensive...
Old 04-26-2020, 02:13 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,636 Likes on 2,318 Posts

I cannot tell which belly panel the broken one is.
but most of the panel under the car are $10k+
just for ref, a single headlight is $7k
single seat is $20k
Old 04-27-2020, 10:03 PM
ewright
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Pass.
Old 04-28-2020, 01:16 PM
RS Clubsport
Pro

Received 347 Likes on 99 Posts

Could be repaired easily by a decent carbon guy, strange some of the bolts are missing however.

Odd at such low mileage it's had such a lot of grounding. Mine is at 46k miles and has around 5% of the scuffing.
Old 05-16-2020, 01:26 PM
autosea
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Despite the history and problems talked about on the silver car it will sell and sell for whatever price the market will bear. It does look like a nice car. I one of the carbon guys that people talk about. We are usually working in some shanty town shop. Its not that we are stupid but our business practices are based on artistry and a passion and not money based.
Therefore we dont come up on Google. Also we are not to business savvy. I do want to assure that composite repairs on these cars especially this silver car are very straight forward and for anyone that has composite building knowledge the repairs are based structural first importance with cosmetic next. I took apart the car in my thread below having never seen one of these and found it easier to work on than my 944 turbo. I am not fishing for jobs. I only deal with trusted shops. I always have some form of broken part and I treat them as a hobby as a side to my main interest which is composite sailing boats.
check out my thread .
https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...epair-cgt.html

Last edited by autosea; 05-16-2020 at 02:11 PM.
The following users liked this post:
smokeygt (05-18-2020)
Old 05-17-2020, 12:20 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,636 Likes on 2,318 Posts

^ impressive work. did I used to race with you? I have two garages at T Hill facing the drifting course back then....

and it's good to know that these can be repaired... but man do not show me the process... I am having a heart attack at the moment seeing the pic
Old 05-17-2020, 02:52 AM
autosea
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Yes we did race together. Hello and best wishes to you......
The following users liked this post:
MirageJHU (05-17-2020)

Quick Reply: CGT with underside damage for sale