smyers528
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 18 Posts

What would make you think this???
Old 12-01-2019, 01:57 PM
Robert Linton
Race Car

Received 512 Likes on 229 Posts

Because I happened to speak with someone who mentioned that Singer was delayed in paying suppliers for some time and that they are now paying past due bills. Although it could simply be a temporary cash flow issue, or possibly bad bookkeeping, cash shortages in that type of business are not uncommon and usually remedied by an infusion of new money.
The following users liked this post:
Macduc (12-26-2019)
Old 12-01-2019, 02:10 PM
Robert Linton
Race Car

Btw, e.g., Ruf has, in the past, had financial difficulties and Aston Martin has gone bankrupt seven times.
Old 12-03-2019, 03:22 PM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 637 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert Linton
Does Singer have a new investor?
Still carrying a grudge, Robert...? You should move on.
The following 4 users liked this post by Nurburger:
fskof (12-07-2019), JPG993 (12-24-2019), Napoli (08-15-2021), Unframed (01-08-2020)
Old 12-03-2019, 03:29 PM
Robert Linton
Race Car

The only grudge is the one you seem to want to invent for reasons known only to you. I do not have one and never did. Further, you might come out into the light of day with your real name rather than an internet alias and disclose what, if any, is your connection with Singer (e.g., shareholder, debt investor, employee, supplier, car owner, etc.). Also, are you saying that Singer was not over recent times paying suppliers slowly or not at all for some period? In fact, if this is not true and I have told a falsehood, I very much apologize. My other point about, e.g., Ruf and Aston Martin, is that things happen, but they survived as I am sure Singer will. In fact, I was trying to make the point that Singer, like Ruf and Aston, should survive.

P.S. I hope you did not see my question re a new investor as anything negative, if you did, you might want to ask yourself why you are so negative. Public companies have new investors almost every day and private companies and funds have frequent investor changes. Indeed, oftentimes a new investor or new investors bring(s) about enhanced long term viability/stability.

Last edited by Robert Linton; 12-03-2019 at 04:13 PM.
Old 12-13-2019, 09:51 AM
PorscheStrong
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 48 Posts

Back on topic, OP - splendid car and looks like we’re local to one another. I believe the guys at Dougherty mentioned you were by there recently? They’re great, have had them do some mods on several of my cars, including the TTS this Fall. Let’s catch up at one of the local events, e.g. C&C Malvern or others - would LOVE to see you car in-person. My next Porsche may well be a Singer or other restomod.
Old 12-13-2019, 06:54 PM
beto_g
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gear Patrol vid on the car.

The sound is amazing and tbh I love the black fuchs instead of the bronze finish. The car looks so menacing.

I’d love to get the minilites in the same finish as the “black nickel”
Old 12-14-2019, 07:19 AM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,085 Likes on 621 Posts

Nice video OP. Your passion for the car is evident. And I know you're going to drive it not just look at it which is awesome!
Old 12-14-2019, 07:57 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Congrats on a gorgeous car! Here for the pics and vids.

What’s the purpose of those extra hood lights and why are they called “driver’s lights”? Whose else could they be?
Old 12-14-2019, 05:53 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,012 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheStrong
Back on topic, OP - splendid car and looks like we’re local to one another. I believe the guys at Dougherty mentioned you were by there recently? They’re great, have had them do some mods on several of my cars, including the TTS this Fall. Let’s catch up at one of the local events, e.g. C&C Malvern or others - would LOVE to see you car in-person. My next Porsche may well be a Singer or other restomod.
Thanks man! Yes I've known Bill, or well I should say he's had to deal with me since I was 16 and got into PCA clubracing then Grand-Am back in the day. Beyond love those guys there. I nearly never make it to any cars and coffee things anymore given my schedule (Ironically was part of the 10 or so people who started the original in West Chester, PA pre it moving back around 2005), but I'm sure Ill end up at some event!

Originally Posted by beto_g
https://youtu.be/EwD_PvGI9E8

Gear Patrol vid on the car.

The sound is amazing and tbh I love the black fuchs instead of the bronze finish. The car looks so menacing.

I’d love to get the minilites in the same finish as the “black nickel”
It was fun shooting with those guys, and the Petrolicious video should be coming out pretty soon too...never done this kind of stuff before but it's definitely a blast.

Originally Posted by tstafford
Nice video OP. Your passion for the car is evident. And I know you're going to drive it not just look at it which is awesome!
The only reason you get involved with restoring a car with SVD is when you've got passion IMHO. Nothing on the planet like creating your own perfect 911 with those guys behind the design table. The car is just immensely satisfying and thrilling every time I take it out.

Originally Posted by hf1
Congrats on a gorgeous car! Here for the pics and vids.

What’s the purpose of those extra hood lights and why are they called “driver’s lights”? Whose else could they be?
I did the hood lights for the extra light at night honestly. They didnt get the rest of the deer reasoning, but we've got a lot of deer in PA and back when I was actually club racing I hit a deer at Summit Point while I had a huge lead in my class, so I figured the extra light for the later night drives was a smart thing. I've also got a front trunk being made without them for historic aesthetics...the best part about these is they are kind of living...they can change when you want them to!

Old 12-25-2019, 06:07 AM
Chippi
7th Gear

Location: Love & Carry Ltd. 4 Vatslava Havela blvd., Silver Centre Kyiv, 03124, Ukraine
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default bookkeeping services cost

Originally Posted by Robert Linton
The only grudge is the one you seem to want to invent for reasons known only to you. I do not have one and never did. Further, you might come out into the light of day with your real name rather than an internet alias and disclose what, if any, is your connection with Singer (e.g., shareholder, debt investor, employee, supplier, car owner, etc.). Also, are you saying that Singer was not over recent times paying suppliers slowly or not at all for some period? In fact, if this is not true and I have told a falsehood, I very much apologize. My other point about, e.g., Ruf and Aston Martin, is that things happen, but they survived as I am sure Singer will. In fact, I was trying to make the point that Singer, like Ruf and Aston, should survive. Bookkeeping services cost telefon company. P.S. I hope you did not see my question re a new investor as anything negative, if you did, you might want to ask yourself why you are so negative. Public companies have new investors almost every day and private companies and funds have frequent investor changes. Indeed, oftentimes a new investor or new investors bring(s) about enhanced long term viability/stability.

Yes, there is no need for resentment
The following users liked this post:
Napoli (08-15-2021)
Old 01-17-2020, 08:45 AM
jpbacs12
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

One of the best singer build to date! nicely done on the spec,
Old 01-29-2020, 08:32 AM
oalvarez
Three Wheelin'

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Have seen the car in person at Zuffenhausen 2. The colors, fit and finish is simply amazing in the flesh.

Congrats to you and the Singer folks on a great build.
Old 01-29-2020, 08:48 AM
jpbacs12
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by oalvarez
Have seen the car in person at Zuffenhausen 2. The colors, fit and finish is simply amazing in the flesh.

Congrats to you and the Singer folks on a great build.
No unfortunately not, would have loved to go but I'm in the UK.
Old 01-29-2020, 11:25 AM
erikerik
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 42 Posts

Nice Car and Vid Drew!!! your car sounds amazing
The following 5 users liked this post by erikerik:
Garydose (01-29-2020), odwa (02-01-2020), Ohio Performance (01-31-2020), Rev 964 (02-28-2020), tstafford (01-29-2020)

Quick Reply: My new Singer Vehicle Design build...#139 Sine Qua Non