Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new Singer Vehicle Design build...#139 Sine Qua Non

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2019, 05:30 PM
smyers528
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 18 Posts

Amazing car.....I'm really thinking of pulling the trigger on one...
Old 11-07-2019, 08:57 PM
Robert Linton
Race Car

Received 512 Likes on 229 Posts

What I have never understood is why Porsche does not get more credit for Singer as the vast majority of a Singer is comprised of standard Porsche parts albeit nicely painted, polished or nickel plated (an intermediate step to chrome plating).

Last edited by Robert Linton; 11-08-2019 at 08:51 AM.
Old 11-09-2019, 11:45 AM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,085 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert Linton
What I have never understood is why Porsche does not get more credit for Singer as the vast majority of a Singer is comprised of standard Porsche parts albeit nicely painted, polished or nickel plated (an intermediate step to chrome plating).
Credit from who? I know the folks at Singer are Porsche lovers and are very careful to present the car as a restoration not a vehicle they build. Recognition is given the importance of the 964 platform in particular the handling dynamics. As well the motors always use the original block and are numbers matching with the chassis. Etc, etc.
Old 11-10-2019, 03:48 PM
fskof
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert Linton

Why would they? Does Porsche get credit for Ruf, Emory Motorsports, Workshop 5001, Cenepa or any other restomod, restorer or outlaw builder?
I personally have seen Porsche execs looking and admiring 911's reimagined by Singer at Monterey car week.

Also, companies are very limited to what they can use or say because of Trademark Infringement Laws
Old 11-10-2019, 03:49 PM
ocgarza
Drifting

Received 149 Likes on 125 Posts

Spectacular! What do the hood-mounted drivers lights do? Add more “brightness” ahead or do they rotate in turns?
Old 11-10-2019, 04:17 PM
Robert Linton
Race Car

I am sure that they are admiring the painting, polishing and plating but my point is that (1) the exterior and chassis of the "standard" Singer (i.e., not the new one shown approximately two years ago) is very much a Porsche (albeit with certain body panels "reimagined" by Singer), (2) according to several with whom I have spoken and who have driven Singers, a Singer drives like a 964 (which, in my view, is a very good thing) as it fundamentally is one and (3) the interior is also fundamentally Porsche with seats "reimagined" by Singer with Spinneybeck basket weave leather and various non Porsche components - e.g., are the arm rests from an older Mercedes Benz?); and that every time an owner has pointed to a component of his Singer that he believes is the "best", it has turned out to be a Porsche component that has been beautified by Singer (and, I might add, very well done). Finally, as to the Ed Pink engine, it is not unlike many other tuner 4.0 964 engines that are claimed to achieve between 350 and 400HP although, again as is normal for Singer, the visuals are far above that of most others.
Old 11-18-2019, 03:06 PM
Hoyt
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

The color combo....the hood mounted lights.....the fixed rear wing....everything is simply stunning!

Enjoy!!
Old 11-18-2019, 10:23 PM
DreamCarrera
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by sechsgang
Thanks man! It comes to me on the East Coast shortly, cant wait for a few fall drives.
I too first saw this car on FB. Beautiful car Sechsgang! The build specs really make this a unique car, even among Singers.

Here's to hoping we get some mild driving weather here in PA before the onset of the harsh winter freeze.
Old 11-20-2019, 01:25 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,012 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by DreamCarrera
I too first saw this car on FB. Beautiful car Sechsgang! The build specs really make this a unique car, even among Singers.

Here's to hoping we get some mild driving weather here in PA before the onset of the harsh winter freeze.

Thanks! And so far so good!! Will be putting as many miles as possible in the next few days while doing some fun filming...stay tuned
The following users liked this post:
MirageJHU (11-21-2019)
Old 11-24-2019, 10:42 PM
Cobra C4t
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Absolutely stunning! The bespoke color almost seems alive when the light hits it. The fixed wing and hood mounted driver lights combined with the minilite wheels look stunning!

I'm working with a small group to bring a Porsche re-imaged by Singer to the Assetto Corsa sim. We have a mock up of your car as well as several other varients if you're curious. Would you be willing to answer some basic questions regarding handling, suspension setup ? Our base car handles reasonably well in the simulator although there are quite a few unknowns regarding things such as bumpstops, packers, proportioning valve system, etc. Any info you could provide would be awesome!

Old 11-25-2019, 07:27 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,012 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by Cobra C4t
Absolutely stunning! The bespoke color almost seems alive when the light hits it. The fixed wing and hood mounted driver lights combined with the minilite wheels look stunning!

I'm working with a small group to bring a Porsche re-imaged by Singer to the Assetto Corsa sim. We have a mock up of your car as well as several other varients if you're curious. Would you be willing to answer some basic questions regarding handling, suspension setup ? Our base car handles reasonably well in the simulator although there are quite a few unknowns regarding things such as bumpstops, packers, proportioning valve system, etc. Any info you could provide would be awesome!
I could probably have one of the guys at the shop answer those questions or get close...I can speak on the overall characteristics but not some of the minute technicals...happy to assist.
Old 11-26-2019, 12:56 AM
Cobra C4t
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the response. If you are able to answer any of these questions this would help us out tremendously in dialing in the suspension.

- What spring rate is your car on? What options are there? - What rollbar diameter is your car on? Solid or hollow bars? What options are there?

- What stiffness control arm bushings does the car have, and does Singer have options? ie: rubber, urethane, solid - What about roll bar bushings?

- What kind of strut tops does the car have? What options are there? - How much camber adjustable? Caster?

- In the rear, what kind of camber adjustment system do they use? Camber plates? Porsche parts or custom? - Range of the rear camber adjustment? What about toe? - Are the trailing arms modified ie: longer, shorter, different angle, reinforced material? - What bushings do the trailing arm use? - Does Singer lock out the Weissach effect with urethane or even harder plastics?

Last edited by Cobra C4t; 11-26-2019 at 05:05 AM.
Old 11-27-2019, 11:01 AM
Ritesh
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

First of all Congrats!!! That is an Epic spec.

2nd: Give us more details about build quality, driving experience, the process of ordering one, etc.

3rd: I may PM you. I have been toying with the idea of contacting SVD.

And More Pics!!
Old 11-27-2019, 11:34 AM
Robert Linton
Race Car

All very interesting questions. It would also be interesting as to how this information differs from a 964RS.
Old 12-01-2019, 12:13 PM
Robert Linton
Race Car

Does Singer have a new investor?

Quick Reply: My new Singer Vehicle Design build...#139 Sine Qua Non