Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SECOND N. America Carrera GT DELIVERY!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2004, 10:34 PM
Les Quam
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I don't know who called PCNA, but I wish I had thought of it. Whomever did it is my hero! It seems to me that if one buys the car he or she can do what ever they want. However for the owner of the dealership to do it rather than sell it to a loyal Mckenna customer makes him and Porsche look like ******. Also McKenna paid extra to have tha car flown in just to mark it up before anyone else. That is why MSRP is 460 instead of 446. I know this because my local dealer called and asked why the sticker was so high in the event they figured out how to get some exclusive options. Hail Mr. McKenna king of the greed!!!!!
Old 02-15-2004, 03:30 AM
Devia
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am very ashamed of my Porsche dealer, I'm thinking of finding someone else.

- Julie
Old 02-15-2004, 07:50 PM
BRUCE
Instructor

You guys crack me up. You have no problem paying under sticker for a car but God forbid a dealer might try to sell HIS car for over sticker and it's a crime. If sticker was such a sacred cow, why don't you all pay it, always. But like you say, let the market set the price. If you can grind a dealer down to invoice because of over-supply, then hey, that's business. But put the shoe on the other foot and, WAAA!
I've seen you guys speculate on whether the GT will hold it's value or not. How would you feel if you owned one and someone complained that you tried to sell it for more then you paid. You'd tell them to mind their own business.
This car belongs to McKenna and they can try to sell it for whatever they want. It's called FREE MARKET CAPITALISM and last time I checked it's their free right.
Old 02-15-2004, 08:16 PM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

we're not all like that bruce. i made the same point about no one having any trouble about dealers selling under MSRP.
Old 02-15-2004, 09:25 PM
FSAEracer03
TRB0 GUY
Rennlist Member

True, but even under MSRP, the dealer's make their fair share. Jacking it up well over the sticker price only shows how greedy the dealers can get. I don't believe that's two sides of the same coin at all.
Old 02-15-2004, 09:44 PM
Les Quam
Pro

Bruce, PCNA was furious about McKenna's putting it on e bay.According to my dealer who also called to complain. My dealer also told me at a national dealers meeting. They were specifically told not to do this. PCNA must not believe in free markets either. Since the last time I looked McKenna had not got one bid. Free enterprise must be in a slump right now. You must be a much better grinder than me because I have a difficult time buying my Porsche's at invoice..... My biggest problem with this is that I'm sure Mckenna has some good loyal customers who deserve the car. I guess they can just go pay 575. I mean what a bunch of crybabys just pony up the 575 and be quiet is what I'm sure McKenna is telling them. But ultimately you are right the market value for anything is what willing sellers and buyers are willing to pay. Just seems like the loyal buyers should have got that car first. But you have some good points.
Old 02-15-2004, 10:17 PM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now i could be completly mistaken, but i read on another site that the car on ebay was a scam.... i could be wrong.... but that's what i read. I also heard that this was #4 and the first 3 went to Seinfeld, Leno and Letterman.
Old 02-15-2004, 10:29 PM
BRUCE
Instructor

Yeah, it's funny when factories try to control how dealers sell their cars. Better not soil Porsche's precious brand image. But Porsche didn't seem to care about image when they raised the price of the GT at the last minute or doubled production levels in order to capitalize on the demand. I know how much Porsche loyalists love this. And guess what. The dealer has to pay whatever the factory says if it wants the car. Porsche just takes the money out of the dealers account when they deliver the car. NO CHOICE.
I hope McKenna eventually sells the car to one of it's good customers for a price they both feel is fair.
Old 02-15-2004, 10:39 PM
Les Quam
Pro

Bruce, you are 100% correct. Porsche did increase production and raised the price without increasing dealer profit. As a matter of fact when the North American dealers were told about the price increase and 25,000 dollar profit. The dealers on the board that represents American dealers told Porsche to keep the car and sell it in ROW only. This was the status until a large volume Florida Porsche dealer caved in and the alliance fell. This tidbit told to me by GM of my local dealership who was privy because local dealer owner is on board. Maybe this is McKenna's way of payback. Your right many sides to a story...
Old 02-15-2004, 10:52 PM
Devia
Nordschleife Master

Lightbulb Dealers, Ebay, oh my!

Mike, the car on Ebay IS from my dealer, and it IS #2 in N. America. That much is true. Easy to tell, it's the same photos from their site, plus the fact I recognize it personally, down to the seats, and the granite tiled floor underneath the car.

Hollywood jokers do NOT have the first 3, that's silly. Sounds good for the press, though. I'm sure that one of them is getting the one from Beverlyy Hills, the other two will have to wait.

On the other hand, McKenna is sure getting an awful lot attention from having the car posted on Ebay.

Then you look at the stats on the vehicle: only 1000 out of 1500 are presold, so the car is not going to be worth more than sticker, once enough of them come out.

But, as with most other shiny new toys, some people will be willing to pay, then later on down the line, toss it away.

- Julie
Old 02-15-2004, 11:00 PM
BRUCE
Instructor

It seems as if this is not Mckenna selling the car on ebay. When you click on the sellers info and view other items they are also selling a Louis Vitton purse. I don't think it's the dealer. Just someone using their pictures. I don't know why someone would do this.
Old 02-15-2004, 11:08 PM
Les Quam
Pro

PCNA verified it's McKennas car by VIN. How would stranger get VIN? It is wierd I will grant you.
Old 02-16-2004, 01:44 AM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

"I also heard that this was #4 and the first 3 went to Seinfeld, Leno and Letterman."

Seinfeld got the CGT, Leno is getting an SLR, and Letterman an Enzo.
Old 02-16-2004, 02:45 PM
Devia
Nordschleife Master

Les, that's funny about the VIN #, and I'll tell you why - NO ONE is allowed past the barriers set around the car!

I had asked for just a copy of the window sticker, and they flat out refused, nor was I allowed to look at the VIN #.

So, that only leaves a handful of people who know the VIN #.

- Julie
Old 02-16-2004, 04:00 PM
Big E
Racer

Originally posted by ben in lj
"I also heard that this was #4 and the first 3 went to Seinfeld, Leno and Letterman."

Seinfeld got the CGT, Leno is getting an SLR, and Letterman an Enzo.
So, when do they race?

Quick Reply: SECOND N. America Carrera GT DELIVERY!!