Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SECOND N. America Carrera GT DELIVERY!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2004, 10:02 PM
Les Quam
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I find it surprising that PCNA condones this.
Old 02-12-2004, 10:22 PM
Howdy993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I guess thats why they call them dealers - they are a l w a y s working the deal.

Howard
98 C2 cab tip glacier white / black top
Old 02-12-2004, 10:24 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Les,

You know that PCNA does not condone this behavior. The Dealers are independant and outside "immediate" control. I've heard that PCNA has its own form of retribution on the rengade dealers in the form of "revised" allocations.
Old 02-12-2004, 10:29 PM
Les Quam
Pro

I know I am probably old fashioned but the fact that the first car McKenna gets, goes to the dealer then on ebay. Upsets me. I feel that first car should go to McKenna's best customer or whomever is on the list in first position. It seem's to me that it's blatent arrogant greed. I feel it reflects badly on Porsche as a whole. Just my opinion anyway.
Old 02-13-2004, 04:06 AM
Greg A
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Les,

I agree with you 100%.

Greg A
Old 02-13-2004, 04:30 AM
Devia
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Lightbulb Bragging rights

Les, I am rather shocked, because they were bragging to me on Wednesday, that they had been given an offer of $160K over sticker, and turned it down!

Well, I'm calling them up tomorrow on my MISSING PARTS, ie, Porsche LOST THE ORDER, along with the Cayenne parts...I am going to see if I can guilt trip them into letting me in on that drive, because I DESERVE to drive that car!

Hmmm...if I get too, I'll make sure I get a video of it. I bet I'm the only woman gunning for it, so maybe I can use that in my favor, for once, lol.

Oh, I ran into a guy in Irvine tonight, while fueling that dratted purple bunny truck, who had a 996TT, and I asked him if he'd seen the Carrera GT. He acted like a snob, like he was above me...until I explained that I SAW it and where, and then he got all excited like a kid, and was jumping up and down, it was great to see him show his enthusiasm that way!

Heh, if I were single, I would have asked him out, he was pretty cool after I broke the ice.

Oh, the really cool thing about this car, I finally converted 2/3s of my friends in my joy of Porsches! Only 2 are still eh about them, but that's because they don't understand, it's more than a vehicle, to get from point A to point B.

Well, I'm starting to pick up freelance Bookkeeping work, so getting another Porsche is starting to loom on the horizon!

- Julie
Old 02-13-2004, 11:24 AM
Les Quam
Pro

The Carrera Gt on ebay has no bidders last time I looked. The 575 is a reserve price set by McKenna. I hope they choke on it!
Old 02-13-2004, 11:40 AM
Don '85S3
Racer

Reserve almost $115K over MSRP. Even if I was filthy rich, I'd wait a few months for delivery and put the $115K towards paying speeding tickets.
Old 02-13-2004, 02:22 PM
Devia
Nordschleife Master

Hmmm...has anyone turned them into PCNA? If I were a customer there, I'd have their you know what's nailed to the wall.

What they had told me is that it was the OWNER'S personal car, and that was that.

I do hate being lied to.

- Julie
Old 02-13-2004, 02:43 PM
Sloth
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Sales contracts for the CGT are between the customer and PCNA. The only way the dealership can charge over MSRP for the car would be to purchase the car themselves. So it very well may be Mr McKennas personal CGT and he is free to do whatever he pleases with it... including flipping it at a significant markup. Surely they will not be the only dealership doing such sales and hopefully PCNA takes note of every one of them.

Old 02-13-2004, 02:56 PM
Devia
Nordschleife Master

Les, Stoth, everyone - PCNA now knows of this, it has been brought to their attention by a birdie, including looking at it in disbelief on Ebay.

If it is Mr. McKenna's, then WHY isn't it registered to HIM? I do believe that puts it into PCNA jurisdiction.

Wow, I believe McKenna just stepped into a $575,000 pile of ****!

- Julie
Old 02-13-2004, 06:17 PM
Howdy993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Devia -

I think you just lost your opportunity to be the first female driver of the CGT there.

Also on Ebay is an "option" (buyers slot) for sale @ 500K - making that CGT cost a cool million.

Think I'll pass.

Howard
98 C2 cab tip glacier white / black top
Old 02-13-2004, 06:52 PM
Flott Leben
Addict
Rennlist Member

Seeing that car being auctioned off on e-bay is a shame. That thing should be driven and driven NOW!

If the current owner doesn't want to keep it and drive it, I'm sure there is probably a whole list of people in southern California who would drive the car off the lot this afternoon, if only given the opportunity.
Old 02-13-2004, 09:51 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally posted by Flott Leben
I'm sure there is probably a whole list of people in southern California who would drive the car off the lot this afternoon, if only given the opportunity.
Driven sideways off the lot that is......en route to Willow Springs would be even better
Old 02-13-2004, 10:02 PM
Devia
Nordschleife Master

What, I never said I called it in, so why would I
be punished by a naughty dealership?

From what the other person said, it's all anonomous calls,
anyway.

- Julie

Quick Reply: SECOND N. America Carrera GT DELIVERY!!