Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why Buying a 918 was an Investment From the Beginning

Old 06-24-2018, 03:30 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by unotaz
So you admit you don't know Mr. Zuckerman or Mr. Seinfield? Geesh, what a surprise!

Wait, you just admitted you don't have much involvement with Porsche either?

Wow...
Yes. Yes.
Old 06-24-2018, 07:08 PM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 860 Likes on 381 Posts

Originally Posted by Andial
I don't follow you on Instagram, but that is where I know your full name from. I don't know you but have seen you in person.
Right, just like I have seen Steph Curry in person but I don't know him. Steph and I have mutual friends too, through 10th degree of separation.

I am not theorizing, but you can listen to Spike's Car Radio where they say that.
Because everything we see on TV and hear on radio must be true. I rest my case.
Old 06-25-2018, 02:11 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,729 Likes on 1,057 Posts

Oh man.

The awesome things about Porsche guys is they are just Porsche guys. Nobody cares who they are and what they do etc etc. no need for the fascination.

Old 06-25-2018, 10:25 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

I was offered a discount and a lease.

Porsche didn't offer trunk money ... well maybe not directly but they certainly offered the dealer more hard to get models as a reward so in reality they did offer trunk money and a lot of it!

Unotaz when I mentioned lease / discount on McLaren Life believe you sent me a pm

Lambo is building a better mouse trap and believe Porsche 918 tech while it was the latest and greatest was the wrong path. The 918 while cool and fast is porky and has no personality it' one size fits all.

I strongly have always disliked the 918's battery and time will tell - the CGT R&D was from F1 a massive difference between the two builds.

Dislike the new Ford too - turbo's batteries nannies it's too much tech to offer any real feel for a drivers car.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/i...12-powerplants

Anyway - believe most CGT owners are not Porsche guys on the other hand believe 918 owners are Porsche guys that in of itself speaks volumes

Last edited by nuvolari612; 06-25-2018 at 10:42 AM.
Old 06-25-2018, 01:46 PM
unotaz
Drifting

You mean the 3 million dollar, limited edition (63 copies) V12 hybrid 860hp car based off of the current Aventador platform?

Considering it's 6 years after the production 918 Spyder, don't you think the all-conquering Lamborghini should come out with something that is more impressive? Remember, this upcoming 3 million car is based off of a platform (Aventador) that is 10 years old now.

Why don't we wait for this for this 3 million V12 hybrid from Lamborghini and see how less "porky" it will be. It will have an all carbon body! Oh wait, 918 already has an all-carbon body with carbon subframe (Aventador doesn't have that). Remember, it's 3 million dollars, so it better be good just like the Veneno

Originally Posted by nuvolari612

Lambo is building a better mouse trap and believe Porsche 918 tech while it was the latest and greatest was the wrong path. The 918 while cool and fast is porky and has no personality it' one size fits all.

I strongly have always disliked the 918's battery and time will tell - the CGT R&D was from F1 a massive difference between the two builds.

Dislike the new Ford too - turbo's batteries nannies it's too much tech to offer any real feel for a drivers car.

Anyway - believe most CGT owners are not Porsche guys on the other hand believe 918 owners are Porsche guys that in of itself speaks volumes

Old 06-25-2018, 01:49 PM
unotaz
Drifting

I did get a discount on my 918 purchase as well, making it one of my best car purchase to date

However, my discount was nowhere near the 150K that Andial was claiming. Like I said, dealers had a close to 7% markup, and depending on who you dealt with and the timing, some people got great deals on the 918 (including myself). 918 with a discount + VIP program = One happy/loyal Porsche customer

Porsche didn't offer trunk money ... well maybe not directly but they certainly offered the dealer more hard to get models as a reward so in reality they did offer trunk money and a lot of it!

Unotaz when I mentioned lease / discount on McLaren Life believe you sent me a pm

Old 06-25-2018, 03:06 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

You mean the 3 million dollar, limited edition (63 copies) V12 hybrid 860hp car based off of the current Aventador platform?

Considering it's 6 years after the production 918 Spyder, don't you think the all-conquering Lamborghini should come out with something that is more impressive? Remember, this upcoming 3 million car is based off of a platform (Aventador) that is 10 years old now.

Why don't we wait for this for this 3 million V12 hybrid from Lamborghini and see how less "porky" it will be. It will have an all carbon body! Oh wait, 918 already has an all-carbon body with carbon subframe (Aventador doesn't have that). Remember, it's 3 million dollars, so it better be good just like the Veneno
You are getting bad information - I was in NY at the viewing. It's good to see you 918 guys chirping about the Lambo car outside your closed FB page

Can you compare 63 units to 900+ ... two different worlds.

Veneno roadster was 4.5m and asking was above 7M no idea what actual sale prices are.

I get the fact the 918 guys did really well and it's good to see but for the downside as Porsche can not make their customer base happy it's too big of a pond ... buying or actually trying to buy a Porsche GT is total brain damage.

Lamborghini will most likely beat the GT2RS time with the JOTA - which doesn't mean that much or does it then the hyper car which will be even faster ...

Bottom line 150k from a dealer is not so far fetched - the W package PTS or 60k special paint who knows what it's possible and we know P dealers got as many if not more gifts in allocations as you the owners.
Old 06-25-2018, 03:14 PM
Andial
Banned

Right, just like I have seen Steph Curry in person but I don't know him. Steph and I have mutual friends too, through 10th degree of separation.

Because everything we see on TV and hear on radio must be true. I rest my case.
I don't want to divulge my identity, or our mutual friend's, but we only have one degree of separation, and I doubt you were invited to Steph's house, although he does have a 991.1 GT3 RS and a Panamera TTS.
I'll drop the subject, but I do find podcasts to be informational, instead of works of fiction.
Old 06-25-2018, 03:22 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

I don't want to divulge my identity, or our mutual friend's, but we only have one degree of separation, and I doubt you were invited to Steph's house, although he does have a 991.1 GT3 RS and a Panamera TTS.
I'll drop the subject, but I do find podcasts to be informational, instead of works of fiction.
I think you may have been referencing a one time very unique deal - there are brokers on this forum who pull some wild stuff off only to play the middle

IMO those (insiders) people should be on a watch list by the major mfg and dealers who know what games they are playing - 150k off if it happened is bs add that you not wanting to be identified speaks volumes as to one of those insiders
Old 06-25-2018, 03:47 PM
Andial
Banned

I think you may have been referencing a one time very unique deal - there are brokers on this forum who pull some wild stuff off only to play the middle

IMO those (insiders) people should be on a watch list by the major mfg and dealers who know what games they are playing - 150k off if it happened is bs add that you not wanting to be identified speaks volumes as to one of those insiders
I wasn't involved in the deal. I have no relation to the car industry or Porsche, but I do have one w/ unotaz, and we both wish to stay private like you. AG and Zuckerman were the only ones involved, no middlemen.
Old 06-25-2018, 06:39 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

I wasn't involved in the deal. I have no relation to the car industry or Porsche, but I do have one w/ unotaz, and we both wish to stay private like you. AG and Zuckerman were the only ones involved, no middlemen.
I am far from private and you stated you know Unotaz full name and have mutual friends - these forum names under a guise is near meaningless if one wishes to participate.

Owning a 918 CGT or like cars and attends events everyone in the car community knows who everyone is - really could care less it's just fun poking the (918) bears.
Old 06-25-2018, 09:40 PM
unotaz
Drifting

I do hope the new special edition Lambo will offer some new technology and increased performance, unlike the Veneno coupe/roadster, or the Centenario. Those 3 limited editions Lambo (in my opinion) were all body-kit one-off with no real substance in engineering development. Performante was a great car from Lambo, so I hope they keep it up with the new Aventador Jota. They better sort out the brake cooling problems on the Aventador. My old Aventador and Aventador SV overheated like a crazy mother****** on the track after 5 laps.

You had the opportunity to buy a 918 but passed on it. It's not like Porsche was hiding the VIP program from you or others at the time. It was public knowledge and everyone knew about it. Ferrari works the same way, but you don't see me or other 918 guys complaining about how it's not fair that we didn't get a LaFerrari because we should have bought the 328/355/360/550/599/612/California/FF/Lusso/Portofino/F12 + a few classic Ferraris and Challenge cars to get on their VIP list.

Lastly, Porsche customers are not Ferrari customers. It can't be, simply down to economics. And believe me, the mountain is a lot higher to climb over at the Ferrari side.

You are getting bad information - I was in NY at the viewing. It's good to see you 918 guys chirping about the Lambo car outside your closed FB page

Can you compare 63 units to 900+ ... two different worlds.

Veneno roadster was 4.5m and asking was above 7M no idea what actual sale prices are.

I get the fact the 918 guys did really well and it's good to see but for the downside as Porsche can not make their customer base happy it's too big of a pond ... buying or actually trying to buy a Porsche GT is total brain damage.

Lamborghini will most likely beat the GT2RS time with the JOTA - which doesn't mean that much or does it then the hyper car which will be even faster ...

Bottom line 150k from a dealer is not so far fetched - the W package PTS or 60k special paint who knows what it's possible and we know P dealers got as many if not more gifts in allocations as you the owners.

Last edited by unotaz; 06-25-2018 at 10:00 PM.
Old 06-25-2018, 09:47 PM
unotaz
Drifting

I'm sorry buddy, but you have no relation to me, so you need to stop pretending like you do.

Whoever our "mutual friend" is, I'm 100% certain him and I are not good friends. I live in Los Angeles, a town of full of people who pretends to know someone "really well." If you want to verify how well your friend knows me, you can always PM me here or Instagram.

Old 06-25-2018, 10:45 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

I do hope the new special edition Lambo will offer some new technology and increased performance, unlike the Veneno coupe/roadster, or the Centenario. Those 3 limited editions Lambo (in my opinion) were all body-kit one-off with no real substance in engineering development. Performante was a great car from Lambo, so I hope they keep it up with the new Aventador Jota. They better sort out the brake cooling problems on the Aventador. My old Aventador and Aventador SV overheated like a crazy mother****** on the track after 5 laps.

You had the opportunity to buy a 918 but passed on it. It's not like Porsche was hiding the VIP program from you or others at the time. It was public knowledge and everyone knew about it. Ferrari works the same way, but you don't see me or other 918 guys complaining about how it's not fair that we didn't get a LaFerrari because we should have bought the 328/355/360/550/599/612/California/FF/Lusso/Portofino/F12 + a few classic Ferraris and Challenge cars to get on their VIP list.

Lastly, Porsche customers are not Ferrari customers. It can't be, simply down to economics. And believe me, the mountain is a lot higher to climb over at the Ferrari side.
Ferrari does let one jump to the front of the line if one attends a few schools and or buys a challenge car. But dragging my challenge car around the country and the dealer 300 miles was nonsense. Own a 16M Speciale daily the FF and placed a Pista deposit but got denied unless I bought a "new" on the lot loaded 488 Spider - Ferrari and I are not going to see eye to eye and that's fine same goes with Porsche to be honest had no idea about Porsche when the 918 was introduced like I do today.

So it's Lambo Pagani Aston one offs - impressed with Lamborghini and love my hometown dealer. At this point wish I could share more but will guarantee the Lambo one off is more than what it's been in the past.
Old 06-26-2018, 03:20 AM
MikeGT
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 19 Posts
Smile

. Hey Nuvolari612, You should consider a little love for the new FGT. Turbos yes, batteries? ...no. But in the end, it's all about the driving experience and feedback one gets from a car. I've heard some negative points on the 918 with regards to the experience, but I've never driven one and don't believe everything I read, or hear on the radio, or TV, or from a friend who knows a friend (and who claims they are good friends).
I don't care much about specs, nannies, and claims, and your talking to a guy who still races a sequential despite the easy paddle conversion kits. However, the new "p.... pa... paddle shifting" FGT is a pretty exciting car to drive when you're staying either full throttle or applying 800 lbs of brake force. Stiffly sprung like the CGT, it offers that exciting feedback for those ultra sensitive in-the-moment drivers who can "stay in the zone". My point is, don't give it a frown until you drive it around (o.k., that was bad...). Plus, it's a Ford! I think they deserve a thumbs up.
As I've said in the past, now I really understand how the Germans feel about Porsche.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Why Buying a 918 was an Investment From the Beginning