Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2018, 11:08 AM
Curated Content Editor
Rennlist Editor

Received 162 Likes on 125 Posts
Default Reasons There Will Never Be Another Carrera GT

Reasons There Will Never Be Another Carrera GT
By Christopher Hurst

Let’s face it…Porsche is never going to make a car that comes close to the Carrera GT. This is why their V-10 stunner will remain an icon forever.

Old 06-07-2018, 06:58 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

But that's a Gemballa Mirage GT.
Old 06-08-2018, 09:02 PM
ByeEnzo
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 78 Posts

Drove my yellow CGT to work the last 2 days. Good God...the wail of that V-10! People just don't get it. Every on ramp and acceleration is a thrill. The car is so stout and reliable. A joy to drive. I have 15K miles on the car (bought it with 7K). So what if I hit 30k and have to do the engine out service. The more I drive it, the better it runs. I see all these 1000 mile cars that have cam pitting and already have had engine out service done. WTH?
The car is a sleeper compared to the Enzo, but so much more reliable. It will have it's day in the sun.
I have a 05 Ford GT that is like the CGT, an analog cousin. Different soundtrack. but it can bite you in the *** just the same.
The new FGT is all CF like the CGT but totally digital with a million servos etc.
Old 06-09-2018, 03:09 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

^ cannot agree more
go here and read the last 3 pages. i took it out for 7xx miles road trip. luggage space was challenging, but i had 3 GT3 drivers helpig me with luggage hahaha.
do NOT go to the thread if you are huhgry

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...sches-107.html
Old 06-09-2018, 10:32 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by ByeEnzo
Drove my yellow CGT to work the last 2 days. Good God...the wail of that V-10! People just don't get it. Every on ramp and acceleration is a thrill. The car is so stout and reliable. A joy to drive. I have 15K miles on the car (bought it with 7K). So what if I hit 30k and have to do the engine out service. The more I drive it, the better it runs. I see all these 1000 mile cars that have cam pitting and already have had engine out service done. WTH?
The car is a sleeper compared to the Enzo, but so much more reliable. It will have it's day in the sun.
I have a 05 Ford GT that is like the CGT, an analog cousin. Different soundtrack. but it can bite you in the *** just the same.
The new FGT is all CF like the CGT but totally digital with a million servos etc.
Turbo's Servo's low mileage super cars reminds me of Starbucks filled with women in yoga outfits planning a botox party.

Last edited by nuvolari612; 06-09-2018 at 11:23 AM.

Quick Reply: Reasons There Will Never Be Another Carrera GT