Rennlist Member

Received 521 Likes on 298 Posts

GORGEOUS!
Old 12-10-2017, 08:57 AM
spiderv6
Drifting

Received 265 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by JkcJkc
Was looking for feedback on the PTS (paint to sample) Can't find any for sale, and no idea of what value it has. In the GT3RS is appears to have a big bump.
in general i would say PTS is only worth more if you find that one in a million buyer who wants that color and is prepared to pay, for most people they are not too bothered and wont pay a premium.

i have zero experience in supercar territory so i don't know how much it matters, but at the price point you will be at i'm not sure a few grand extra for paint would be a huge factor in a buying/selling situation.
Old 12-10-2017, 10:53 AM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

Good looking car.

List here in the classifieds, in Excellence, Panorama. There are other places I'm sure. Do a web search for Carrera GTs for sale and see where they are listed.

Just did one. Seems like a web site Dupont Registery has a number of cars listed.

Here's a link to a search I did:

http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/...he/carrera--gt

There are some prices listed too. And even a Fayence Yellow example is listed. One of 91 built. (Speaking of yellow Carrera GT's, I recall some years ago reading in a UK Porsche car magazine a story about a guy who bought a used Carrera GT and he wanted yellow so bad he had the car painted in yellow *after* he bought it.)

Anyhow, sub 1000 mile cars are being listed for $750K. But cars with higher miles are listed for more so there's that.

Are you going to sell it yourself or possibly have it sold by consignment?

I have to say I don't think I'd relish dealing with time wasters seeking a joyride in a Carrera GT. Maybe the price would keep away the riff raff but my fear is there is always one out there with sufficient stupidity to finagle a "test drive" and it is he who ends up bending the car. Or sticks a gun in your ribs and steals it. Or comes back at night to steal the car, or something else from your garage or house.

If you don't want to deal with selling it yourself, or via consignment, maybe offering it at one of the large exotic auto auctions that happen in various areas of the country would be a way to sell the car. I'm pretty sure you could set a reserve -- but check with auction house first -- so if the car didn't meet reserve you would not have to sell it. These auctions are used to handling exotic cars and of course filtering out the riff raff.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:22 AM
Jammin
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Might check with Marshall Goldman in Cleveland, they usually have several for sale.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:24 AM
JkcJkc
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the feedback!!!
Old 12-10-2017, 11:31 AM
JkcJkc
Track Day

Thanks, that's what I'm trying to figure out....why the big spread on asking??? Obviously, people can ask what they want, but it's such a big spread.

I'm going to put it on Autotrader, and Dupont...can't find any other listings w these types of cars.

And as the clutch has no miles, I'm going to keep it that way....Having Porche San Diego do the full inspection for buyers comfort, and it has no stories/paint/nose work. Will take it to independent to confirm.

No stick up's Macster!!!
Old 12-10-2017, 11:34 AM
SeaCay
Thefu
Rennlist Member

Received 658 Likes on 330 Posts

Thanks, that's what I'm trying to figure out....why the big spread on asking??? Obviously, people can ask what they want, but it's such a big spread.

I'm going to put it on Autotrader, and Dupont...can't find any other listings w these types of cars.

And as the clutch has no miles, I'm going to keep it that way....Having Porche San Diego do the full inspection for buyers comfort, and it has no stories/paint/nose work. Will take it to independent to confirm.

No stick up's Macster!!!
No love for Craigslist?
Old 12-10-2017, 11:56 AM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,069 Likes on 1,181 Posts

How much hassle do you want in the selling process? You need to answer this question for yourself before doing anything. If you are willing to put up with all the tire kickers, stupid questions and such, list it everywhere (in this order):
1. Classified section here (why not, you are a member...)
2. DuPont Registry
3. Hemmings Motor News
4. Any other random used car site like Cars.com & Autotrader you can find
5. Craigslist......maybe

Aside from that, two more options which IMO most people with such a car do:
1. Consign with a high end dealer / broker
2. Take it to auction

Hindsight when trying to sell my fathers 355GTS, we should have just consigned it. Thankfully an hour away is Motion Products who stepped in to help us when we had a few interested parties on the line.

Originally Posted by SeaCay
No love for Craigslist?
When selling my fathers 355GTS we were contacted by many brokers who wanted to consign it. Talked to them about their sales methods, one placed bragged they sold two Enzo's on Craigslist.
Old 12-10-2017, 12:54 PM
ByeEnzo
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 78 Posts

Sold my 08 GT3RS thru Rennlist and also listed it with Panorama. Agree with above recommendations. Putting a number on your car is hard. Uptick for PTS color, downtick for mileage. I have a “base” yellow CGT. 14k miles...not sure what it’s worth.
Old 12-10-2017, 03:25 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

No stick up's Macster!!!
You have to be aware there is a slight risk.

People have been robbed or worse for less expensive items when meeting up to sell something. Years ago when I sold my Harley I met the buyer at a parking lot in a public place and had my father-in-law follow me over in his car to give me a ride back if the sale went down. He was also an ex-police officer and he might have had a carry permit. The sale went off without a hitch but luck favors the prepared.

Price is not fact only an opinion. This holds true for even Carrera GTs.

I am no Carrera GT expert but I seem to recall there's a 4 year (20K mile?) service that involves having the engine out. Valve clearance checking, checking clutch wear, checking suspension/steering bushings, etc., oh and changing spark plugs too. From way back around 2010-ish time frame I seem to recall this service just the labor alone was in the $10K range. I believe you mentioned having the clutch done recently? Maybe you had this service done at that time?

If not then that pending 4 year major service can put a bit of a dampener on price.

(More recently came upon a 918 in for plugs and such -- no engine out but most of the car at the back had to be disassembled/removed to gain access to the engine -- and the labor hours was around 60. At $150/hour that comes to $9000.)
Old 12-10-2017, 04:47 PM
JkcJkc
Track Day

You are spot on, with both things..tks.

Yes, the full service was done, engine pull, it's ready to go

Knowing how most people are with these clutches, that would be a big thing for me if buying. I went through my first one in 750 miles, not knowing how it worked. Factory replaced it under warranty, and this one made it to 18k miles. You really don't know until it starts to slip, and then it goes fast.

Thanks again!
Old 12-10-2017, 05:01 PM
JkcJkc
Track Day

They have one up w low miles for 869k.

TKS!
Old 12-10-2017, 05:02 PM
JkcJkc
Track Day

Makes sense. TKS!