Sponsored by:

Carrera GT donuts

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 09:04 PM
Johnny Mayday
Rennlist Town Crier

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Carrera GT donuts

On the HP, Patrick rightly mentioned that pulling off donuts in a tight area is a tricky business. But this driver seems to under control. And he's using a Carrera GT.

Old 09-23-2017, 12:41 AM
User 41221
Banned

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

That seems like a recipe for disaster, regardless of how "great" the driver might be, it's stuff like this that reflects poorly on the entire automotive enthusiast community. Did you happen to catch the recent incident in Idaho where a Porsche leaving a C n C gathering lost control and sent 11 people to the hospital?

Not impressed in the least.
Old 09-23-2017, 01:05 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,735 Likes on 2,347 Posts

sorry cars are not meant to be driven that way
maybe JDM
Old 09-23-2017, 06:26 AM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 386 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
sorry cars are not meant to be driven that way
maybe JDM
Exactly. This is outright moronic.
Old 09-23-2017, 05:24 PM
DreamCarrera
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by sh944
That seems like a recipe for disaster, regardless of how "great" the driver might be, it's stuff like this that reflects poorly on the entire automotive enthusiast community. Did you happen to catch the recent incident in Idaho where a Porsche leaving a C n C gathering lost control and sent 11 people to the hospital?

Not impressed in the least.
+1

Doing that next to a large crowd is plain stupid. One mistake and the lawsuits will start flying...and then the driver will wish he hadn't decided to display his great car "control" skills.

Edit: It looks like the video is from France. Maybe they aren't as litigious as Americans? It's still dumb to do that in close proximity to a crowd.

Last edited by DreamCarrera; 09-23-2017 at 05:41 PM.
Old 09-23-2017, 08:33 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Looks like he knows how to drive a CGT - his car he can do as he wishes and he did by the rubber marks before the CGT began he wasn't the first that day.

I wouldn't do it nor stand close but he and the spectators have a Mom

Last edited by nuvolari612; 09-24-2017 at 12:31 AM.
Old 09-23-2017, 08:35 PM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 745 Likes on 404 Posts

Money doesn't buy brains unfortunately.
Old 09-23-2017, 08:38 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,411 Likes on 2,516 Posts

Tell the CGT driver to go watch the guy in a Spyder leaving the Cars & Coffee in Idaho where 11 people tragically got run over.

Last edited by LexVan; 09-23-2017 at 08:59 PM.
Old 09-23-2017, 11:11 PM
Raven 666
Drifting

Received 92 Likes on 53 Posts

What a ****** go no time for that sort of moronic thing as mentioned above generally some one gets hurt and cars get bent when people do dumb things like that in these cars ,,we have all seen it countless times before ,,,the Carrera GT has a reputation for punishing those who do not respect it ...........
Old 09-25-2017, 07:46 PM
Johnny Mayday
Rennlist Town Crier

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by DreamCarrera
+1

Doing that next to a large crowd is plain stupid. One mistake and the lawsuits will start flying...and then the driver will wish he hadn't decided to display his great car "control" skills.

Edit: It looks like the video is from France. Maybe they aren't as litigious as Americans? It's still dumb to do that in close proximity to a crowd.
It's probably safe to say Europeans probably aren't as litigious, but if he did mess up, there would likely be hell to pay still.
Old 09-26-2017, 09:31 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny Mayday
It's probably safe to say Europeans probably aren't as litigious, but if he did mess up, there would likely be hell to pay still.
It's also safe to say that Europeans drive their cars - they don't buy a CGT to feather dust it. All the posts about what if something bad happened yet the crowd the driver are enjoying the day.

C&C events where something bad happened - mustang jokes are reality but this is far from a guy who knows how to drive. Goodwood Festival a world class event had donuts and racing with crowds being separated by hay bales.
Old 09-27-2017, 03:01 PM
Loess
Three Wheelin'

Received 178 Likes on 96 Posts

It appeared to be off public roads at a car demonstration. If it scares you or you are afraid then run away. If it offends your sensibilities then look away. If you stand there and get hit well that was your choice. I don't see this the same as driving dangerously on public roads. Same as Goodwood or any other track/race situation.

I'm not saying I would do this or even stand there but it seemed like a controlled setting where people made a conscious decision to attend and watch. Maybe we should kill all sharks to make it safer to swim. Soon enough cars won't allow you to do this, the car will report you to the police and your insurance company.
Old 12-19-2017, 03:48 PM
ocgarza
Rennlist Member

Received 149 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Loess
It appeared to be off public roads at a car demonstration. If it scares you or you are afraid then run away. If it offends your sensibilities then look away. If you stand there and get hit well that was your choice. I don't see this the same as driving dangerously on public roads. Same as Goodwood or any other track/race situation.

I'm not saying I would do this or even stand there but it seemed like a controlled setting where people made a conscious decision to attend and watch. Maybe we should kill all sharks to make it safer to swim. Soon enough cars won't allow you to do this, the car will report you to the police and your insurance company.
+1 on this. Ever see where the French used to watch the 24hours of LeMans before they were fenced out? People were getting killed as much as the drivers during the "days of danger."
There is something mesmerizing about being close to fast cars. This isn't my style so I wouldn't do it to my car but it is obvious this location was specifically set aside for donuts and the CGT driver seemed in control most of the time. Whether there is some liability for the event organizer with such little crowd control remains to be seen, but if the driver loses control and hurts someone, the driver and the event organizer could be a fault.

Last edited by ocgarza; 12-19-2017 at 04:04 PM.
Old 01-20-2018, 04:50 AM
dandan
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, this is okay for the show-off but I'm not a fan
Old 04-10-2018, 08:38 PM
RennOracle
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Well first of all I agree to a point it was risky, but you all being a bit whiny about all of it.
As for the man, I know pretty well who it is and what he can do with his cgt (and other cars of one of the most tasteful car collections I know).
The man was a rally driver in the 90's and is Italian, sense doesn't come abundant when you put the 2 together lol.

P.S. The only person I ever saw drift majestically a cgt like he was on Initial D was this man, on a road as wide as 1 lane of your californian mountain roads. Airpin after airpin dozens of times and not a single 'moment'.

I would worry more about learning to drive well enough for this or similar to become something less dangerous rather than whine about just another dangerous situation out of hundred others that every single one of you put someone in for your own selfish pleasure.

So please, don't be so judgy of others, especially on things that you are also guilty of.

Quick Reply: Carrera GT donuts