Notices
Porsche Memorabilia The place to post cherished keepsakes and mementos of our favorite marque

FS: Display Cases for Model Cars and Automobilia

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2020, 10:37 PM
Suicide Jockey
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 79 Posts
Default FS: Display Cases for Model Cars and Automobilia

Back in 2002, I purchased new from my local BMW dealer a scale model display case. I liked it so much that as my model collection grew, I ended up purchasing two more such cases, for a total of three which I am now selling. Each is in very good condition and makes for a striking way to show off your collection.

Each case came with opaque lettering across the top that reads "BMW Mobile Tradition," which can be seen in several of the photos. However, the lettering consists of adhesive tape that peels off and I did just that on one of the display cases in which I displayed my Porsche models. I left the lettering on the other two display cases but, again, that lettering can be easily removed.

These cases are ideal for displaying scale model cars of all sizes and automobilia. There is a bottom wood shelve, an upper wood shelve, and three acrylic shelves providing for a total of 5 shelves.

Each display case has a rear door that swings out for easy loading and unloading of models and that door can be locked with a key which is included.

The dimensions of each case are 26" high x 21" wide x 8" deep.

Each case is comprised of acrylic, wood base and shelf, and curved metal decorative outer cylinders. Together, these materials give the cases a very clean, sleek, high-tech, modern look.

The cases are very large and heavy. My guess is they would cost a fortune to ship, thus they may be of more interest to someone located locally in So Cal. Each comes with its original packing box, dust cover, and key.

Each case sold originally for over $400 back in 2002. I'm selling each case for $300 and all three for $775. If someone would like me to ship the case(s) I can gladly do so in the U.S. at the buyers expense.

Here's one of the cases in which I have displayed my BMW models. Note the "BMW Mobile Tradition" peel-off lettering at the top.

This is how the rear of each case looks.

Each case comes with a key to secure the rear door.

Here's the rear door swung open.

Here's the two lower wood bases.

A total of 5 shelves to display items.

An empty case with the "BMW Mobile Tradition" peel-off letters removed.

Some Porsche models displayed in the case with the removed BMW lettering.

To belabor the obvious, all cars are sold separately and not included with the cases. ;-))

Thanks for looking!
Old 05-26-2024, 04:47 PM
BMWMZ3 Roadster
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Display Case

Did you sell these ?
Old 08-18-2024, 12:42 AM
supergeess
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I know it’s a long shot…but are these still available?

Quick Reply: FS: Display Cases for Model Cars and Automobilia