Notices
Porsche Memorabilia The place to post cherished keepsakes and mementos of our favorite marque

Anyone seen or know where I could find a 1/18 911SC

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2018, 01:30 PM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 57 Posts
Default Anyone seen or know where I could find a 1/18 911SC

Currently building a full size 79 SC.
I like to find d1/18 models of the same body style and customize them to match my build. Have only seen a Sc model in 1/43. Anyone have or seen a 1/18 scale version? I suspect it was just to plain jane to make a model out of.
Old 11-24-2018, 02:55 PM
FrenchToast
Three Wheelin'

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

Targa or coupe? No SCs I know of (except an SC-RS rally version), but you can get a later Carrera and easily build it to match.

Minichamps has made both a Targa and coupe (and cabrio) in '84 Carrera guise.

AutoArt has made a '88 Carrera coupe.

GT Spirit has made a 911 2.7, Targa and coupe. But GTS models are all sealed resin; nothing opens.

OttoMobile (sister to GTS) has made the SC-RS rally. But it has rally lights, 934 over fenders, ducktail, and SC-RS rally-spec short front airdam.

Depending on how detailed you want to get, you can source the correct dash, seats, steering wheel, wheels, etc. for your car from other models (they might differ from the Carrera starting point). What steering wheel do you want - I can say it is likely produced in 1:18 in some model. Same with the seats - 12 way late comfort seats? Early sport seats? Non-flush foglights and sealed-beam headlights; they've all been made in 1:18.

The models depict European lighting and bumpers, you can change this too. Depends how detailed you want to get.

Minichamps:

AutoArt:

Last edited by FrenchToast; 11-24-2018 at 03:14 PM.
Old 11-25-2018, 10:00 AM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Great info. Thank you

It is for a coupe. That autoart would fit the bill nicely if I can find it. I actually don't have concern about the interior bits matching up. Mainly just want to put my custom paint job on it and have it look like the full size one in my garage from 5 feet away! haha
Old 11-25-2018, 07:25 PM
FrenchToast
Three Wheelin'

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by wareaglescott
It is for a coupe. That autoart would fit the bill nicely if I can find it. I actually don't have concern about the interior bits matching up. Mainly just want to put my custom paint job on it and have it look like the full size one in my garage from 5 feet away! haha
They aren't easy to find, as AutoArt has discontinued them. They made them in Carrara White, Guards Red, and Black. Any other color is DIY. I don't recall what colors Minichamps offered for the coupe - I think dark green, red, and one or two others.

Needs to be disassembled to repaint. Which is a little frustrating. If you get the AA and are puzzled about how to disassemble it, I can write the steps.
Old 12-16-2018, 08:00 AM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Thanks to the tips from French Toast I was able to find an 84 Carrera from minichamps that I could paint up. I am currently building a 79 SC in full size that will look like this and have a similar paint scheme to my Cobra. Pretty pleased how it turned out. The full size version will have different wheels but I know my limits on my painting skills so I left these as is.

Quick Reply: Anyone seen or know where I could find a 1/18 911SC