Macan 2014-Current

Just ordered a Macan, to taste.

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 03:17 PM
Adk46
Rennlist Member

Received 310 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by 1pvr
So, how do you like the Palladium. Looks beautiful to my eyes in the photos.
Funny how it looks different in the different photos - the more goldish color in some of the Hudson River photos is correct (on my screen). Not quite gold, of course. I had reason to buy a vial of cesium once (melts in your hand!) - that's the color. There are many cars something like it today - it must have made Pantone's list of favored colors - but the Porsche version is more vibrant.

I like it a lot. And finally, it's a color I very specifically chose, not something I settled for on a dealer's lot or otherwise.

Went to Ticonderoga yesterday, and Speculator today. Joy riding. Got Apple CarPlay going. I need to get that memory stuff straightened out. It will require even more parsing than for the garage door opener.
Old 06-28-2017, 02:04 PM
Adk46
Rennlist Member

Received 310 Likes on 161 Posts

Dang, I just figured out why settings for all sorts of things were changing randomly, or so it seemed: they were stored on the key and imposed whenever I happened to unlock the door (even without the key). I'd never stored anything on the key myself, and where I live, I don't have to lock a car very often.

Not just the seat, mirror and those things, but nearly everything, it seems - all the detailed settings (the volume of various warning signals, radio station, LKA on or off, etc.).

I shall now make sure the two keys are distinguishable.

Those of you more familiar with newer cars are laughing at me, but I bet none of you could even get an old Austin-Healey started.
Old 06-28-2017, 02:37 PM
BradB
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Adk46
Those of you more familiar with newer cars are laughing at me, but I bet none of you could even get an old Austin-Healey started.
Not laughing at you at all! I still walk up to my newer cars with key in hand...and no need to do so.

As for old British iron, my BT7 never let me down. (And I wager you are the only one here who even knows what that is!)
Old 11-10-2017, 12:35 AM
lop3cr
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice interior. The lighting though makes it look pink-ish in the images...
Old 11-10-2017, 09:31 AM
bernpep
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Adk46
Programming the garage door:

The manual is so verbose, repetitive, etc. that it's difficult to find the actual steps. I think they warn you endlessly about the door coming down on your head, too. Briefly:

Part A:
1. Clear the factory settings by holding down C1 and C3 together until you see a flashing LED (C2's). C1, C2 and C3 are the names I've given to the overhead buttons.
2. Prepare to hit the magic button on your opener - get out a step ladder and find it. Rehearse a quick move into the car after hitting it - you may not have much time. If the door is up and you don't have another door to run out, lower it now. Trust me.

Part B:
0) The key must be on, but the engine should not be running.
1) Press C1 until you see a flashing LED (will always be the light for C2 - is that clear?)
2) Hold the remote in front of the right side of the car, a foot or two away. Press its button until you see the turn signals flash three times. The manual warns this might take over a minute (your remote's battery better be good), but mine took only a few seconds.
3) Assuming you have a rotating code opener, you must now press the magic button on the opener, race into the car and repeatedly press C1. I had to press mine about six times before the door moved.

Repeat Part B for C2 and C3.

No joy? Call your "ambassador" or whatever crazy name for him and threaten to give him a 9 on something on the survey. Mine said he'd do anything to avoid a 9.

After re-assignments due to the new car, here are the happy campers in the house garage, three in a space meant for two:

Worked like a charm Thank you!

Quick Reply: Just ordered a Macan, to taste.