Macan 2014-Current

Seller's remorse?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2021, 02:23 PM
roadrat
Pro

Received 76 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Seller's remorse?

After 4 fantastic years, I traded in my 2017 Macan S. The Macan followed a run of short term vehicles (4Runner, Wrangler, FJ Cruiser), none of which satisfied me. The Macan S was glorious, particularly when I added the Cobb Tuning software (see classifieds) which transformed the Macan into the perfect vehicle.

My girl has been pushing me to get an Audi and I finally relented after driving other Porsches and a few other vehicles. I picked up a 2018 Audi S7 with Sport, Driver's Assist, and Prestige Packages for a decent price. Always wanted a V-8. I figure I'll keep the car for a 1-1.5 years when it's nearing the end of the CPO warranty. Hopefully by then, Cobb has released software for the 2019+ Macans or maybe Porsche will entice me with an electric Macan.

While the S7 is a nice car, I miss my Macan.
Old 06-01-2021, 08:53 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,446 Likes on 4,108 Posts

Why suffer for a year and a half? Start looking for another one - maybe you can upgrade to a turbo or GTS this go around and sell the Audi while the mileage is still low for what you bought it for instead of also taking a loss later.
Old 06-03-2021, 11:58 AM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 163 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by roadrat
After 4 fantastic years, I traded in my 2017 Macan S. The Macan followed a run of short term vehicles (4Runner, Wrangler, FJ Cruiser), none of which satisfied me. The Macan S was glorious, particularly when I added the Cobb Tuning software (see classifieds) which transformed the Macan into the perfect vehicle.

My girl has been pushing me to get an Audi and I finally relented after driving other Porsches and a few other vehicles. I picked up a 2018 Audi S7 with Sport, Driver's Assist, and Prestige Packages for a decent price. Always wanted a V-8. I figure I'll keep the car for a 1-1.5 years when it's nearing the end of the CPO warranty. Hopefully by then, Cobb has released software for the 2019+ Macans or maybe Porsche will entice me with an electric Macan.

While the S7 is a nice car, I miss my Macan.
I hear ya! I followed a similar path recently as well. Had my CPO Macan GTS 3 years, wonderful vehicle. Every 2-3 years I get the itch for something else (this is a pleasure only/‘fun’ vehicle). I no longer needed the utility of the Macan, and despite the incredible dynamics of the GTS for a CUV, I wanted something less ‘bulky’ again. I was also a bit tired of owning a black vehicle, and all the extra upkeep that comes with that color when you’re OCD like I am!

I wanted a smaller ‘nimble’ sport sedan, and after a lot of research and test drives, I was smitten with a CPO low miles loaded Audi S3. Has every option available, and then some....even some rarely seen individual options like the factory resonator delete, Audi rings puddle lights, etc. I’ve always been interested in the Audi S and RS vehicles, so decided to give it a shot. So far, I’m loving this little thing! Great canyon carver, I live not too far from the Shenandoah region and great driving roads.

Some days I miss the Macan certainly, but no regrets. It was time for a change for me. I’ll keep this S3 another couple years, and then move on to something else as I always do. Thinking ahead, maybe a Cayman or C8 next time, but that’s still a couple years off. We’ll see at that time. In the meantime, and after 3 Porsche SUVs in a row, I look forward to continuing to hang out here.

Cheers all.
Old 06-08-2021, 02:29 PM
Victor C3
Instructor

Received 113 Likes on 52 Posts

I haven’t had my Macan S a year yet, but I’ve been thinking about what my next vehicle might be. Nothing other than another Macan or a 911 remotely begins to excite me. Even shopping for another Macan, I’d probably get the same options I have in my current one - I’d just get the turbo instead of the S that I currently have.

I’m sure there are other models offered by other manufacturers that are just fine and plenty capable, but nothing excites me the same as a Porsche. A Mercedes - even an expensive mercedes - is still just another Mercedes in my mind. The same can be said for BMW. I just feel no excitement for anything other than Porsche, that is at least for any vehicle I could remotely begin to afford.

Last edited by Victor C3; 06-10-2021 at 08:26 AM.

Quick Reply: Seller's remorse?