Macan 2014-Current

New GTS Owner - intro

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2018 | 04:08 PM
fuhrius
Rennlist Member

Default New GTS Owner - intro

Hey folks,

My wife was due for a new car and we did a lot of research and drove a lot of different brands before setting on a Macan. Our only prior P-car was a 986 Boxster S that was terrific as both a street car and, eventually, a track car...bulletproof reliable and super fun. The Macan was the stand-out for character and fun and the primary driver for it, my wife, just didn't resonate with the Jag or Volvo options that were in the top three. We narrowed our search to the GTS for it's combination of features and looks that we like...and narrowed the color options to white (either, but preferred Carrara), grey (either, but preferred Agate), or red. My search was primarily for a used one (CPO preferred) and I chased various cars from all over the country.We looked at quite a few GTS's and I was surprised when she really gravitated to the red. I understand her reasoning...she doesn't mind standing out a little and has been driving white or grey cars for the last 10-15 years. We were pretty open on options after a few of the must-have's were covered (prem pkg plus, nav, lca were probably the only must-haves); nice to have's for me were PTV, adaptive cruise / PAS, LED headlights / PDLS, tow hitch (for a bike rack only)...nice to have's for her were blacked out stuff (roof rails, door handles, wheels) and she was really geeked about red interior accents (seat belts, gauges, stitching) and the alcantara headliner (after sitting in a beautiful turbo at our local dealer).

So this GTS had been for sale through an online consignment place called Shift. (curiously, the only other car I've bought through consignment was my Boxster...and that turned out great) The service, overall, was pretty darn good, I have to say...but that's foder for a different post. (I used to work in the car business both as a salesperson and for many years as a factory rep...so I'm pretty versed in how stuff works...which brings both curiosity and skepticism). It's got all the must-have's and the nice-to-haves...and a whole bunch of stuff that I never would have consider ordering because of the ridiculous prices. Not CPO but only 6 months into it's 4yr warranty and only 5k miles...one owner.

We took delivery of the car this morning and now have 5 days or 200 miles to return the car if I choose...full refund / 'no questions asked.' I'm having an extensive inspection done on the car tomorrow. (Shift does an inspection of it's own, of course, but I want to be super confident in it's condition)
This has to have been a special order that fell through...no one would order it this way for stock. AZ car that sat for a few months, sold to a private party who owned it for 6 months, then sent to auction (Manheim) where the Shift guys bought it. Clean carfax and all...but there's a lot that can happen to a car that doesn't show up on carfax. There are some yellow flags in it's ownership history, but the one private owner apparently took really nice care of the car...interior is immaculate, exterior very nice...extensive clear bra, extra set of porsche floor mats, full weathertech matts / cargo liner, dealer installed tow hitch (including adding the actual plug hardware), all the books / original window sticker laminated, etc...
We'll see how the inspection goes tomorrow but it looks promising. Super nice to drive...looks terrific...and feels rock-solid.

Old 05-10-2018 | 04:32 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

That is one loaded up GTS. Could possibly be one of the PCNA option demo models if not a cancelled customer order. Only major thing missing is Burmester. Definitely not a usual inventory order. You should post on the macanforum and let the armchair experts theorize there.
Old 05-10-2018 | 04:45 PM
fuhrius
Rennlist Member

Car was registered to a private party. Burmester would have been nice but the Bose is fine. My dd doesn't even have a radio...so I'm not that picky ;-)
Old 05-10-2018 | 05:00 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by fuhrius
Car was registered to a private party. Burmester would have been nice but the Bose is fine. My dd doesn't even have a radio...so I'm not that picky ;-)
Right, that individual who owned it for 6 months probably purchased it for themselves. It is odd though that it went to auction instead of CPO. My build is only $84,500 MSRP and I'm perfectly happy so I'm not saying that you are missing out on not having Burmester as I don't either. Just pointing out that is the only major option I see missing for the option list.
Old 05-10-2018 | 05:43 PM
fuhrius
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rasetsu
Right, that individual who owned it for 6 months probably purchased it for themselves. It is odd though that it went to auction instead of CPO. My build is only $84,500 MSRP and I'm perfectly happy so I'm not saying that you are missing out on not having Burmester as I don't either. Just pointing out that is the only major option I see missing for the option list.
a little odd but I've now bought two cars that had this kind of history and both have been great...so we'll see.

Old 05-10-2018 | 10:34 PM
Andial
Banned

What do the door sills say? Probably not PCNA car as it would have had a stamped window sticker. Comes w/ WeatherTech rear mat which is a plus.
Old 05-11-2018 | 08:46 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Andial
Probably not PCNA car as it would have had a stamped window sticker.
Not sure what you mean "stamped" - it looks like a valid Monroney sticker to me.
Old 05-11-2018 | 10:02 AM
bwiele
Pro

wow that is one loaded GTS! It's a hot looking car. Hope the inspection checks out and that you got a good deal on it. Enjoy!

(I recently made a similar purchase, 8 month old GTS, 7k miles, Carrara White, lots of carbon fiber, CPO 2017 car so warranty until 2023).
Old 05-11-2018 | 11:59 AM
fuhrius
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bwiele
wow that is one loaded GTS! It's a hot looking car. Hope the inspection checks out and that you got a good deal on it. Enjoy!

(I recently made a similar purchase, 8 month old GTS, 7k miles, Carrara White, lots of carbon fiber, CPO 2017 car so warranty until 2023).
I paid 74 and change for it.
Old 05-11-2018 | 04:47 PM
Andial
Banned

Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Not sure what you mean "stamped" - it looks like a valid Monroney sticker to me.
It will say "PCNA Car Not For Sale"
Old 05-11-2018 | 09:15 PM
fuhrius
Rennlist Member

The car passed ppi with flying colors...absolutely pristine. Been out driving, and enjoying, it all afternoon. This is a really nice vehicle.
Old 05-12-2018 | 11:52 AM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Congrats!!! Gts in CR looks great ��.
Old 05-12-2018 | 02:50 PM
SpineConnection
Instructor

YES!!! congrats again!! (from MF)
Old 05-14-2018 | 06:35 PM
fuhrius
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Andial
What do the door sills say? Probably not PCNA car as it would have had a stamped window sticker. Comes w/ WeatherTech rear mat which is a plus.
The door sills say something like "I can't believe someone just paid $1,815 for carbon door sills"... ;-)

No, actually, they say 'Macan GTS' in big letters with 'by Porsche Exclusive' underneath that.

Last edited by fuhrius; 05-14-2018 at 08:31 PM.
Old 05-14-2018 | 10:01 PM
JonCanadian
Racer

Awesome. Our GTS is the twin of yours except that we don't have sunroof, carbon fiber or the bigger wheels. We have the armrest crest too. Enjoy.

GTS

Quick Reply: New GTS Owner - intro