Notices
Macan 2014-Current

LAVA ORANGE MACAN GTS FOR SALE LAS VEGAS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2018, 06:58 PM
SpineConnection
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts
Default LAVA ORANGE MACAN GTS FOR SALE LAS VEGAS!!!

A Holy grail, Macan GTS in PTS for sale in Las Vegas,
trying to pass it along to Rennlisters,
Lava Orange is too hard!
someone will really enjoy it..

https://gaudinporschelv.com/inventor...tallic+1731993

Old 04-14-2018, 04:34 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's Gulf Orange and Gaudin is a stealer.
Old 04-14-2018, 06:43 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,007 Posts

Originally Posted by Ervin Wu
... Gaudin is a stealer.
Because they have a big Porsche sign outside? Or is there something specific?
Old 04-16-2018, 09:40 PM
Andial
Banned

Originally Posted by worf928

Because they have a big Porsche sign outside? Or is there something specific?
Because they charge over MSRP.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:32 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

The "S" in MSRP stands for "suggested" - find another dealer.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:14 AM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,007 Posts

What are they gouging on? Not this GTS. It’s listed at sticker.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m sure they’ve done something to deserve hate, I just don’t know what.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:18 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

So do Rennlisters. Go look at our classifieds. Oh, but that's OK becuase of the Rennlist hypocrisy and double-standard.
Old 04-17-2018, 09:18 PM
Sincity
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Saw it while it was still in wraps. It came in with a Voodoo Blue GTS the same day. They both sold within the week.
Old 04-17-2018, 11:56 PM
Andial
Banned

Originally Posted by jhbrennan
The "S" in MSRP stands for "suggested" - find another dealer.
Cars should be able to be sold up to MSRP. I'm not buying from this dealer anyway. Most dealers sell for under MSRP.
Old 04-17-2018, 11:56 PM
Andial
Banned

Originally Posted by LexVan
So do Rennlisters. Go look at our classifieds. Oh, but that's OK becuase of the Rennlist hypocrisy and double-standard.
I don't think that cars should change hands so often. I don't think it's okay Rennlisters charge over MSRP either. I hold all to the same standard.
Old 04-18-2018, 08:23 PM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,072 Likes on 1,183 Posts

Cars should be able to be sold up to MSRP. I'm not buying from this dealer anyway. Most dealers sell for under MSRP.
I don't think that cars should change hands so often. I don't think it's okay Rennlisters charge over MSRP either. I hold all to the same standard.
Please take some time and read this book:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wealth_of_Nations

I covered it in 8th grade, so I recall it's an easy read.

Our entire economy is based on supply & demand. Always has been and hopefully always will be. Everyone wants to buy something for the cheapest price possible, you talk like this is some new revelation.
These are Porsche's, not loafs of bread during a famine.
Nobody needs a Porsche, much less the models being sold for over MSRP.

What I find hilarious in all of these pricing arguments is the people constantly complaining about over MSRP & flippers, seemingly have no problem with the absolutely HUGE profit margins Porsche has already stamped on their cars!!
A rebadged Audi Q5 with every option is over $150,000 MSRP!!!! That's the average cost of a house in my town.....that's OK to you. But if demand skyrockets and someone tries to sell their rebadged Q5 for $160,000 that suddenly is not OK.

The back-*** logic in this is staggering.

I don't get it, someone PLEASE explain this to me, how in a (mostly) free market society, can so many successful people (this is a Porsche forum) have a problem with someone making a legal profit. Sure it sucks you cannot go buy what you want for the cheaper price you want...... I didn't get the fancy BMX bike my rich friends got either. I rode around town on a Huffy.

This reminds me years ago when a non "car guy" friend of mine said: "Why don't they just price Ferrari's the same as regular cars so everyone who wants one, can afford it".

Porsche has the highest profit margins in the entire automobile industry. If you want to be angry at someone about all this, go yell at PCNA. Leave it off Rennlist.

All you Macan owners, please refrain from sending me hate PM's explaining all the differences between them and Q5's. I think it's a great SUV and would love to own one, it was just an example.........

This constant trolling in every thread where someone is asking $1 over what people feel is "market" is getting sickening. The market will decide......it's that simple. If something illegal is going on, report it. So until PCNA steps in and says: "This is illegal" you have zero argument against these asking prices.
Old 04-18-2018, 11:37 PM
LTCMontana
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 462 Likes on 237 Posts

And while we’re at it, anyone asking more than $50k for a 964 Turbo should be prosecuted for theft.

Why is it any different for new cars? If someone is dumb enough to pay over sticker, why shouldn’t a dealer be smart enough to sell over MSRP.

Now, if there is any evidence dealers are colluding to increase prices across the country, that would be bad; really bad. Can you say DeBeers?
Old 04-18-2018, 11:52 PM
SpineConnection
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Then whats the difference between beetle and 911?
:-P

Please send me all the hate pms difference btw beetle and 911. Haha jkjk

i have nothing against dealer selling over MSRP.

Old 04-19-2018, 10:39 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by SpineConnection
i have nothing against dealer selling over MSRP.
Agree - if the car sells for more than MSRP, that's called market price.
Old 04-20-2018, 12:46 AM
Andial
Banned

Originally Posted by Hacker-Pschorr
Please take some time and read this book:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wealth_of_Nations

I covered it in 8th grade, so I recall it's an easy read.

Our entire economy is based on supply & demand. Always has been and hopefully always will be. Everyone wants to buy something for the cheapest price possible, you talk like this is some new revelation.
These are Porsche's, not loafs of bread during a famine.
Nobody needs a Porsche, much less the models being sold for over MSRP.

What I find hilarious in all of these pricing arguments is the people constantly complaining about over MSRP & flippers, seemingly have no problem with the absolutely HUGE profit margins Porsche has already stamped on their cars!!
A rebadged Audi Q5 with every option is over $150,000 MSRP!!!! That's the average cost of a house in my town.....that's OK to you. But if demand skyrockets and someone tries to sell their rebadged Q5 for $160,000 that suddenly is not OK.

The back-*** logic in this is staggering.

I don't get it, someone PLEASE explain this to me, how in a (mostly) free market society, can so many successful people (this is a Porsche forum) have a problem with someone making a legal profit. Sure it sucks you cannot go buy what you want for the cheaper price you want...... I didn't get the fancy BMX bike my rich friends got either. I rode around town on a Huffy.

This reminds me years ago when a non "car guy" friend of mine said: "Why don't they just price Ferrari's the same as regular cars so everyone who wants one, can afford it".

Porsche has the highest profit margins in the entire automobile industry. If you want to be angry at someone about all this, go yell at PCNA. Leave it off Rennlist.

All you Macan owners, please refrain from sending me hate PM's explaining all the differences between them and Q5's. I think it's a great SUV and would love to own one, it was just an example.........

This constant trolling in every thread where someone is asking $1 over what people feel is "market" is getting sickening. The market will decide......it's that simple. If something illegal is going on, report it. So until PCNA steps in and says: "This is illegal" you have zero argument against these asking prices.
I think as a moderator you have ruined your credibility by showing such emotion in your posts. Anyway, are you trying to tell me to stop discussing pricing on Rennlist? This is one of the most popular topics of the 991 era. Although you must have a received a decent middle school education, reading such dense books, I don't believe houses can cost $150,000. The houses in my neighbourhood that are acceptable start at around $5 million and go up to the 30s. I have no problem with paying $4 million for a Chiron, but I am opposed to paying a cent over MSRP. PCNA is weak on their dealers unlike FNA. The over on MSRP isn't the market deciding as the cars haven't yet hit the ground. It is flippers and stealers trying to feign interest and make as much profit in the short term as possible. Fresno, North Houston, Blue Grass Motorsports, and countless others can stick to their principles. Why can't others? Porsche is in the business of making money, and good on them for doing so. Too bad they have strayed from their sports cars. One should make profits ethically, not just legally. What qualifies you to be a moderator?

Quick Reply: LAVA ORANGE MACAN GTS FOR SALE LAS VEGAS!!!