Macan 2014-Current

Macan 2019 Interior update

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 04:05 AM
simplex
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Macan 2019 Interior update

Considering adding a Macan to my 911 within a year.
I recall reading that the MY 2019 will be a mid-cycle refresh.
How likely is the danger of it adopting the new Cayenne/Panamera driver controls (mostly through screen menus and with very few buttons)?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by simplex; 02-06-2018 at 04:26 AM.
Old 02-06-2018, 09:54 AM
Philip Goughary
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Highly unlikely, IMO.
Old 02-06-2018, 02:23 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,007 Posts

Originally Posted by virage
...How likely is the danger of it adopting the new Cayenne/Panamera driver controls...
LOL. I like the way you put that.
I’ve played with a Panamera and did not warm to the new UI.
As per P.G.-^ if the Macan’s lifecycle tracks other Porsches we should expect a 6-7 year (depending upon how you count) cycle.
So, the earliest I would expect a next-gen is MY’20.
On the other hand given how well the Macan sells PAG might accelerate the cycle.
Old 02-06-2018, 08:39 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 709 Likes on 322 Posts

Now that the Macan is the best selling model, the update/facelift has now become the most important of any model update for Porsche. I see it that they may prolong the update a model year or two in order to use more care and time in order to make sure its right.
Old 02-07-2018, 09:13 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,171 Likes on 3,935 Posts

Originally Posted by Philip Goughary
Highly unlikely, IMO.
Not sure why you think that. Historically, they tend to make all the interior themes match one another based on the order of new releases. Since the new Cayenne and Panamera were the most recently freshened, I'd expect the next model updates to follow the newer theme of those vehicles.

Personally, I don't like a bunch of screens and buttons in my cars - fingerprints always on them, no tactile feel where you can hit the right button while not looking at it, etc. Its why I have 987s or older for my sports cars and bought s 957 generation Cayenne Turbo S, which gas the similar generation interior, but the DFI motor.

When we get a Macan it will likely be an early Turbo, as there's no older choice in that model.
Old 02-08-2018, 11:48 AM
Philip Goughary
Racer

Originally Posted by Petza914
Not sure why you think that. Historically, they tend to make all the interior themes match one another based on the order of new releases. Since the new Cayenne and Panamera were the most recently freshened, I'd expect the next model updates to follow the newer theme of those vehicles.
I agree that the next model will incorporate the new interior driver interface. It's the mid cycle update that I doubt will because of the sheer cost involved. If you get behind the wheel of the new Panamera you find that the control panels are very big and positioned very differently than the previous models. To pull this off in the Macan would require a complete redesign of the interior - gauge cluster, radio center cluster, center console, etc. Like with previous PCM redesigns, I'd bet that the majority of the wiring harness would be of a new design as well. IMO, this would be a tremendous undertaking for a mid cycle refresh of a model and wouldn't make any sense from an R&D perspective.
Old 02-09-2018, 01:36 AM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the revision will be more similar to 981 to 718.
Old 02-09-2018, 11:05 AM
ForceReconTrojan
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

No. The Macan won't get the interior until the total refresh in my opinion. The price point of the base model prohibits it at this point.
Old 02-11-2018, 09:48 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,954 Likes on 555 Posts

We have not seen anything internally. I really like the Macans and see a lot of value with how many new buyers it brings to Porsche.
Old 03-05-2018, 03:44 AM
Toga958
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 03-05-2018, 06:12 PM
srcn
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Toga958
So I'm going to be selling my other two cars and adding a Macan to my garage as my DD and my second Porsche.
I've test driven a 2018 Macan S and LOVED it, but I saw the picture above and it made me decide to wait to see what is available on the 2019. 12" infotainment screen. Yes please.
It will also likely mean that virtual cockpit will be an option.
Spy photos indicate it will also get a mild front and rear facelift. It will likely get the new 3 liter and 2.9 liter turbo V6's as well. The Cayenne and Panamera have switched to those engines, so it doesn't make sense for the Macan to continue using the 3 liter and 3.6 liter biturbo engines.
Old 03-09-2018, 07:50 AM
anselmw
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by srcn
So I'm going to be selling my other two cars and adding a Macan to my garage as my DD and my second Porsche.
I've test driven a 2018 Macan S and LOVED it, but I saw the picture above and it made me decide to wait to see what is available on the 2019. 12" infotainment screen. Yes please.
It will also likely mean that virtual cockpit will be an option.
Spy photos indicate it will also get a mild front and rear facelift. It will likely get the new 3 liter and 2.9 liter turbo V6's as well. The Cayenne and Panamera have switched to those engines, so it doesn't make sense for the Macan to continue using the 3 liter and 3.6 liter biturbo engines.
i saw the same pic and was about to pull the trigger to upgrade our turbo but this 12” screen has me waiting. When does everyone think the updated one will be for sale? If 2020 might just go for a performance pack version now.
Old 06-06-2018, 12:33 PM
Philip Goughary
Racer

Originally Posted by Philip Goughary
I agree that the next model will incorporate the new interior driver interface. It's the mid cycle update that I doubt will because of the sheer cost involved. If you get behind the wheel of the new Panamera you find that the control panels are very big and positioned very differently than the previous models. To pull this off in the Macan would require a complete redesign of the interior - gauge cluster, radio center cluster, center console, etc. Like with previous PCM redesigns, I'd bet that the majority of the wiring harness would be of a new design as well. IMO, this would be a tremendous undertaking for a mid cycle refresh of a model and wouldn't make any sense from an R&D perspective.
Looks like I'm going to have been wrong about this given all the recent press. Pretty massive for Porsche to change so much mid cycle (including all new engines? Whoa.).
Old 06-06-2018, 12:40 PM
srcn
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by anselmw

i saw the same pic and was about to pull the trigger to upgrade our turbo but this 12” screen has me waiting. When does everyone think the updated one will be for sale? If 2020 might just go for a performance pack version now.
I talked to my Porsche SA this past weekend, he said that it will be in the 2019 model. We are at the top of the list to order a Macan S in October. We'd get it early-mid next year.
Old 06-06-2018, 09:16 PM
fuhrius
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy M
Now that the Macan is the best selling model, the update/facelift has now become the most important of any model update for Porsche. I see it that they may prolong the update a model year or two in order to use more care and time in order to make sure its right.
nice pic in your avatar Randy. I recognize that...I was at the first Track Attack, in fact...I've got '16 GT350R base...I suspect you had a GT350 of some sort as well. I also have a gen2 raptor (like you) and the wife drives a Macan GTS.

Quick Reply: Macan 2019 Interior update