Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 12:59 PM
dsongpeds
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Engine Control Fault/Rduced engine power

Bull ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bull ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO pissed off at Porsche. I bought a Macan gts 2018 and even before I hit 2K for break in I got these two messages.

IM NEVER BUYING A PORSCHE AGAIN AND TELLING ALL MY FRIENDS NOT TO DO SO.

I am "that friend" that all my friends come to for car advice. And i assure you they have the money. I bought this car so that I WOULDNT have to worry about servicing but now I have to get my front bumper removed to fix this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And you know they will NEVER NEVER EVER put that bumper back the way its supposed to be done like back at the original factory in Germany!! Im soooo pissssed angry emotional !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want my money back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by dsongpeds; 10-20-2017 at 10:39 AM. Reason: wrong number
Old 10-19-2017, 01:54 PM
Philip Goughary
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Well, you certainly make your emotions clear.

Seriously, though, it'll be OK. Whatever issue you're GTS is having seems like a non-catastrophic fluke. Please let us know what it was in the end. The Macan GTS is a fantastic car - I think you're going to enjoy owning it once you get past this hiccup. Removing and replacing the front bumper will be just fine - it's very simple to do and there will be no ill effects of the same. Heck, I had our Macan S taken apart in my garage the first month we owned it for side skirt and bumper updates. All good.
Old 10-19-2017, 02:45 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,621 Likes on 1,059 Posts

Thanks Philip for supplying the emotionally-supportive post. Now I don't have to.

Originally Posted by dsongpeds
Good. Take your childish drama elsewhere. Go buy a Lexus. It's my understanding that they are very good at keeping snowflakes like you from melting.
Attached Images  

Last edited by worf928; 12-02-2017 at 03:02 PM.
Old 10-19-2017, 02:59 PM
PSEE
Pro

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

Old 10-19-2017, 05:09 PM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

Received 458 Likes on 286 Posts

OP, chill out...Practice your breathing. Get one of those spinner things the kids are using....or, better yet, a passie!
Old 10-20-2017, 09:08 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,500 Likes on 4,136 Posts

Put it up for sale in The Marketplace here and get a different vehicle. Neither this forum nor Porsche need your emotional or financial contributions.
Old 10-20-2017, 03:43 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Let's go easy on the new guy, folks. He paid decent money for his car and now has to deal with this. I get it to some degree.

Originally Posted by dsongpeds

Bull ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bull ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO pissed off at Porsche. I bought a Macan gts 2018 and even before I hit 2K for break in I got these two messages.

I am "that friend" that all my friends come to for car advice. And i assure you they have the money. I bought this car so that I WOULDNT have to worry about servicing but now I have to get my front bumper removed to fix this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And you know they will NEVER NEVER EVER put that bumper back the way its supposed to be done like back at the original factory in Germany!! Im soooo pissssed angry emotional !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want my money back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your car is under warranty and can be fixed. Take a deep breath and let the dealership correct the issue.

As for being pissed at Porsche and telling the world, I think your energies will be better spent on the real battles that life can hurtle at you.

Good luck.
Old 10-20-2017, 05:22 PM
Adk46
Rennlist Member

Received 318 Likes on 166 Posts

"Reduced mental faculties. Consult a physician. Forum posting not permitted."
Old 10-21-2017, 01:47 PM
Tim Cooper
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Obviously never owned a John Deere, we get little messages like this all the time from new. Sometimes something, usually a sensor or CanBus issue.

I remember the day the MG Metro was released, mainly because we took a lorry in for a service and there was a car released half an hour earlier which had already blown the engine.

One time i went in to get some spares for the 928 and there was a brand new Aston being dragged onto a trailer; totally dead at the dealer's so twas being returned to the factory.

It happens!

Your friends certainly won't thank you if they end up buying Maseratis.
Old 10-22-2017, 04:12 AM
rosen39
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

My 2017 Macan was three months old, and a friend backed into my front bumper. Off to the body shop, new bumper cover, painted up and installed. You cannot tell from new. These technicians remove and re-install all the time. I work in an Audi dealership and the front ends are removed and re-installed all the time for engine work.
Old 12-02-2017, 02:39 AM
997driver
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Bumping this thread up:

2015 Macan S, 53,238 miles CPO from the dealership so under warranty.

Wife was driving home in traffic and the car started shaking and all these alerts popped up:
1) Engine control fault
2) No all-wheel system only rear wheel drive
3) Start/Stop deactivated - the console button does not work
4) PSM Loss

Turned car off several times and all lights still show up. 3rd time starting the car up, the check engine light started blinking so I shut it off and called Porsche roadside. Currently waiting for tow truck. This f*&$^ sucks. Will update thread.
Old 12-02-2017, 06:10 PM
PSEE
Pro

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by rosen39
My 2017 Macan was three months old, and a friend backed into my front bumper. Off to the body shop, new bumper cover, painted up and installed. You cannot tell from new. These technicians remove and re-install all the time. I work in an Audi dealership and the front ends are removed and re-installed all the time for engine work.
OUCH!!!

one of the reasons I've avoided ever owning an Audi. They have far too many of these 'not engineered for serviceability' issues.

How about the timing chain located on the backside of the engine? It only requires pulling the engine to change the timing
chain and/or replace the tensioners.

YIKES!!!
Old 12-03-2017, 01:37 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PSEE
one of the reasons I've avoided ever owning an Audi. They have far too many of these 'not engineered for serviceability' issues.
It's not just Audi. Most cars these days require removal of the front bumper cover in order to do anything non-trivial (and in some cases even the trivial.)

If you expect to be able to just reach into the bay and R&R components you have to go back to cars from last century. If you go back in time far enough you can stand on the ground in the engine bay and fix stuff.

But, yeah, the rear mounted timing chain with eleventy-billion plastic guides on tensioners is a WTF discovery.
Old 12-07-2017, 06:06 PM
08flatfour
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gents,

If you see this message,
I advise checking the throttle body coupling as the factory bandclamp is found to be slipping most times, creating a leak on heavy accel.

It's been pretty common in our shop

Regards

Jeremy
Old 12-07-2017, 06:37 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 08flatfour
If you see this message,
I advise checking the throttle body coupling as the factory bandclamp is found to be slipping most times, creating a leak on heavy accel.

It's been pretty common in our shop
Thanks!

Quick Reply: Engine Control Fault/Rduced engine power