Porsche Cup Cars
Sponsored by:

Business ethics question..

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2017, 03:02 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Received 1,723 Likes on 1,003 Posts

Thanks for chiming in guys. Through the responses and emails I've received here, it's comforting to know that my experience here is not the norm and that a vast majority of the guys here conduct business like I do, in a fair and respectable fashion. Cheers...

Last edited by powdrhound; 04-16-2017 at 03:43 PM.
Old 04-16-2017, 11:47 PM
rbahr
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

John

Sorry to hear that you lost out.

I have (sadly) adopted the 1st person with money gets the item mantra after being stood up to many times. I make allowances for friends and folks I know personally, but rarly otherwise. In a situation like yours, I would have simply insisted sending a down payment to hold the item. It is really hard (for me anyway) to tell if the item was left on ebay accidentally or not, but having had ebay transaction going away on me has certainly annoyed me in the past...

Ray
Old 04-18-2017, 12:51 AM
pu911rsr
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

I agree with Ray- I've always been a good guy and honored my word in past transactions on the various boards when selling cars and parts but last time I listed car for sale being a good guy cost me some serious change- never again, cash on the barrel head for all future transactions.
Phil

Quick Reply: Business ethics question..