Sponsored by:

Manthey Racing Porsche GT3 Cup MR Video Clip

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 11:41 AM
MikeF_Vossen
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cool Manthey Racing Porsche GT3 Cup MR Video Clip

Hi everyone, I hope this is in the right spot. Always been a fan of Manthey and during the Essen Motor Show last year I saw my first one. A beauty! Short clip below.

Old 04-12-2017, 07:20 PM
coryf
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 65 Posts

Incredible looking car. Anyone on here have experience with this conversion?
Old 04-12-2017, 08:44 PM
mklaskin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your next car Cory?
Old 04-13-2017, 09:00 AM
coryf
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mklaskin
Your next car Cory?
Something like this would be very cool to run in GTA3. Would be very interested on where to get the body kit from. We could do the rest. The 991 cup stock is an incredible car. A little more aero, power, front tire, and abs would be a fun ride.
Old 04-13-2017, 12:29 PM
mobonic
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Cory you can get the kit from MR (Manthey) i believe its about 130,000 euros (was when it came out)
Old 04-13-2017, 02:15 PM
enduro911
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Does Manthey have a parts catalog? I seem they had one for each model on their website but I don't see it anymore.
Old 04-18-2017, 01:16 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by enduro911
Does Manthey have a parts catalog? I seem they had one for each model on their website but I don't see it anymore.
We are a Manthey Racing product provider and as such can source any of their products, including the 991 GT3 Cup MR and GT4 Clubsport MR packages.

Here's more info from Manthey regarding the 991 GT3 Cup MR Package:

Beside our factory racing department doing WEC, we also are heavily involved in the VLN Endurance Series at the Nürburgring. In the 2017 season incl. 24h race, we are racing with 1x Manthey-Racing 991 GT3 R, 2x customer sports 991 GT3 R, 1x 991 GT3 Cup MR, 1x GT3 Cup Gen 2 and 2x GT4 Clubsport MR.
Our GT3 Cup MR car is running in class SP7 within the VLN series.

For this class, we were looking after building a car based on the 991 GT3 Cup which fits that class 100% in terms of sizes, power output, driving dynamic options etc. The final product of this project was the GT3 Cup MR which can be also used in Porsche Sports Cup or 24h Series worldwide. We are using front end, fenders, front hood, lights, suspension and wheels similar to the GT3 R.

In addition we do have an ABS system, wider rear axle, central front intercooler, front skid plates, aero optimized engine cover and rear wing on board.
The idea was to create a car which tends performance wise to the GT3 R but running costs remain in GT3 Cup region. All runtimes are similar to a standard Cup car. Within the first season in 2015, one of our cars was driven just by Porsche factory drivers some others by fast or average gentleman pilots.
All of them said, that the car is really fast but at the same time easy to handle.

We even figured out that the split between factory and gentleman driver is smallest on the GT3 Cup MR- for both other models (GT3 R and GT3 Cup), it bigger as the Cup is really tricky to drive and within the GT3 R,
gentlemen are concerned about the aerodynamic which you have to deal with.

Another important fact, we switched from a 3-piece intercooler system on the front to a center cooler system which is placed in the trunk of the car. This means touching any other car, barrier etc. won’t cause a dramatic damage on the car, it even is more solid built on the front to stay in shape and drivable after a small impact.

We are selling complete kits incl. all parts required to convert a 991 GT3 Cup car from 2013 onwards but we also offer to convert a Cup car in house.

The costs for installation are supported by us or our providers as we want to make sure the car is built up perfectly and once a team is doing this for the first time, they might require some help and therefore the conversation can be done in house as well.

For the engine, all our cars are running with 4.0l engines which is an option for the GT3 Cup MR car. The base engine of the car will be modified and we are using almost 100% Porsche Motorsport parts. Main changes on the engine are cylinders, pistons, conrods, crankshaft and ECU re-map. For new cars, we directly convert into 4.0l but this can be also done during a revision of a used engine which reached its run-time limit. Detailed pricing can be calculated after opening the engine as of course this depends on the wear of parts.

In terms of performance- as stated above, the Cup MR car is placed in between the GT3 R and the Cup car.

We at MCK have our own 4.0l and 4.15l engine build programs for both Mezger and 9A1 engines, utilizing mainly Porsche Motorsports, Manthey, or their respective supplier's parts.
Old 04-18-2017, 08:38 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,726 Likes on 914 Posts

That looks mighty attractive. Like the GTA3 idea. Much cheaper to run than an R or RSR.
Old 04-18-2017, 11:01 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

^Exactly!
Old 04-19-2017, 10:07 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,726 Likes on 914 Posts

http://www.speedhunters.com/2016/11/...ng-gt3-cup-mr/
Old 10-10-2017, 03:32 PM
cgomez
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by coryf
Something like this would be very cool to run in GTA3. Would be very interested on where to get the body kit from. We could do the rest. The 991 cup stock is an incredible car. A little more aero, power, front tire, and abs would be a fun ride.
My thoughts exactly. And the tire savings on flatspots thanks to the ABS!
Looking for one for GTA3 move...
For those also looking, this one is available:
http://www.getspeed.de/performance_c...america_mr.php

Know the team and have seen the car run. Is in great condition
Old 10-10-2017, 04:46 PM
Juha G
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 30 Posts

Love the Manthey Racing GT3R, had a chance to admire it passing me at warp speed again during the VLN race last saturday. Too bad a lower class car crashed into it...

Old 10-10-2017, 10:06 PM
coryf
Rennlist Member

We will be running the GTA3 cup at Daytona in a few weeks. Finishing up the 4.0l engine now. The car will have stock bodywork but will have the engine upgrade, M4 ABS, and TC. (not sure we will have it functioning 100% by then. Will see how it does.
Old 10-11-2017, 12:18 PM
koenig_roland
Burning Brakes

Received 142 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Juha G
Love the Manthey Racing GT3R, had a chance to admire it passing me at warp speed again during the VLN race last saturday. Too bad a lower class car crashed into it...

the mistake was said to be done by the Manthey "Grillo" car. The came to early back on the ideal-line after an overtake of the BWM....

Where the BMW should have gone?
Old 10-11-2017, 05:16 PM
cgomez
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by koenig_roland
the mistake was said to be done by the Manthey "Grillo" car. The came to early back on the ideal-line after an overtake of the BWM....

https://youtu.be/Nt50i34kMOA?t=1h51m5s

Where the BMW should have gone?
Indeed, unfortunately it was the Pro-Driver Cairoli who made the mistake. Cut too soon into the corner while passing the BMW.
Kevin (Estre) did a great 1st stint in the car. Clearly fastest on track.

Quick Reply: Manthey Racing Porsche GT3 Cup MR Video Clip