Sponsored by:

Need Help Updating Bosch MS3.1 ECU

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 02:15 AM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 384 Likes on 196 Posts
Default Need Help Updating Bosch MS3.1 ECU

Bought a PMNA 3.8 engine from one of the vendors here last year for installation in a teammate's 2008 (3.6) car... Vendor gave me a .hex file to flash the recipient car's ECU with, but i'm getting stuck with a MODAS error...

Modas > Action > Datapart > Download to ECU gets me this dialog box:

"Datafile not loaded! EPK identifier of data file doesn't match the compatibility"

Is there a specific sequence to follow before I can flash? I've flashed my own car before and all was okay, never saw an error like this...

My MODAS has the 2008_S CFV file loaded (which should match the hardware of the recipient ECU). The hex map I'm trying to flash is 38P3CCP8.HEX, as provided by the vendor. Could I be in need of a different set of files?

I have tried my vendor in earnest but there's no response for reasons right or wrong... any help will be greatly appreciated!!!
Old 03-17-2016, 12:02 PM
cid042
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would try to put the 3.8 files in your modas before flashing.

I have had my 3.6 ECU flashed to 3.8 map by PM Germany, and they sent me the 3.8 modas files.

As they made it for free, I haven't tried myself to flash the ECU, but will try within the next few weeks to my spare ECU.

Send me an email if you need them.
Old 03-17-2016, 11:03 PM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 384 Likes on 196 Posts

Many thanks for the help... gonna try make it work...
Old 03-18-2016, 06:58 PM
velomania
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CRex
Bought a PMNA 3.8 engine from one of the vendors here last year for installation in a teammate's 2008 (3.6) car... Vendor gave me a .hex file to flash the recipient car's ECU with, but i'm getting stuck with a MODAS error... Modas > Action > Datapart > Download to ECU gets me this dialog box: "Datafile not loaded! EPK identifier of data file doesn't match the compatibility" Is there a specific sequence to follow before I can flash? I've flashed my own car before and all was okay, never saw an error like this... My MODAS has the 2008_S CFV file loaded (which should match the hardware of the recipient ECU). The hex map I'm trying to flash is 38P3CCP8.HEX, as provided by the vendor. Could I be in need of a different set of files? I have tried my vendor in earnest but there's no response for reasons right or wrong... any help will be greatly appreciated!!!
gggggggggggggtg

Quick Reply: Need Help Updating Bosch MS3.1 ECU