Porsche Cup Cars
Sponsored by:

996 Suspension Set-Up Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 12:36 PM
KaiB
Nordschleife Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Am I wrong in thinking PCA requires the hard factory spring rate in the GTC cars?

I've been wondering for a few years now if a change in the CR to allow whatever spring rate the driver wants/needs might be a big help with these cars. Not every driver is capable of using that much spring; most certainly not on some of our tracks here stateside.

Given the rather large difference in driver skill in the GTC classes, I even wonder if this might be a safety issue which could be easily addressed.

Just sayin...
Old 09-26-2014, 01:00 PM
Krokodil
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jakermc
... But in making that change be sure to adjust ride height. Proper rake on this car is critical.
+1. And raise the overall ride height of the car. You will be able to get away with even less spring rate and still increase roll resistance. All, yes all, of the 996's I get under are far too low for the geometry to work (inlcuding the OPs car).

The OP is in my class, so I am a bit hesitant to help too much ;-), but this very simple change will transform the car and get it to a more centered place from where it can be tuned. It will also be much easier on the tires.

Are you coming to Chuckwalla?

Cheers,
Old 09-29-2014, 01:06 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by KaiB
Am I wrong in thinking PCA requires the hard factory spring rate in the GTC cars?

I've been wondering for a few years now if a change in the CR to allow whatever spring rate the driver wants/needs might be a big help with these cars. Not every driver is capable of using that much spring; most certainly not on some of our tracks here stateside.

Given the rather large difference in driver skill in the GTC classes, I even wonder if this might be a safety issue which could be easily addressed.

Just sayin...
I completely agree. Great idea.....
Old 09-30-2014, 04:16 PM
mehoff
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Krokodil

Are you coming to Chuckwalla?

Cheers,
Unfortunately not going to make Chuckwalla; I've been travelling 90% of the time since Willow and haven't had a chance to touch the car

Quick Reply: 996 Suspension Set-Up Help