Porsche Cup Cars
Sponsored by:

2007 RSR For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 01:39 PM
911racer
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know it is not a Porsche, but someone asked, so here are a few pics of the GT.

Thanks

Ed
Attached Images      
Old 06-12-2014, 05:39 PM
911racer
Rennlist Member

I can not believe that we still have this car. It is priced to go and looks fantastic. Either as a driver or in someone's collection.

Price drop to $178,000

Thanks Ed
Old 06-12-2014, 09:48 PM
maomao911
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

so, any rough estimate on the cost to run it? Just track days, no competition.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:56 AM
911racer
Rennlist Member

That would be a hard one to come up with.

The estimate that you will hear will be full competition with a pro or semi pro driver (or at least someone who drives as hard as they do)

Many of the people who I am speaking with are collectors who are looking to add this to their collection. The car is currently priced under market value and the market has no where to go but up since these are rare race cars to begin with and fewer and fewer are going on the market. It will not surprise me if the car ends up going to Europe, but I would rather see it stay here in the US.

Thanks

Ed
Old 06-13-2014, 08:24 AM
bgiere
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

It is a gorgeous car Ed, very tempting and I am sure it will be a good thing to buy and hold onto...What RSR has ever been a bad investment?.... especially at this price!
Old 06-13-2014, 02:37 PM
Fubawu
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Any info on total hours on the chassis, was the motor pulled and rebuilt or a new motor installed/tranny installed? Damage history? Car looks incredible !!
Old 06-13-2014, 04:47 PM
911racer
Rennlist Member

I am currently working on getting chassis hours, but realisically that will happen on my next trip to Miami in about a month.

The motor and transmission were rebuilt. It has the the original engine and transmission that came with the car.

The car has reportly only had minor bumps and a careful inspection of the chassis shows no evidence to think otherwise.

The car was origially purchased by Stuttgart Sportcar in Brazil. See the link. They are basically Porsche in Brazil. They have the dealerships and are also the ones who own and run the Porsche Cup Challenge Brazil. Not only do they own the series, but they own all of the cars racing in the series as well. They are currently running 991's in the Porsche Cup series and 997.2 cup cars in the Porsche Challenge series. (this is why the 997.1 cup cars are coming up for sale through me now is because they are racing the 991's this season and that pushed the 997.1's out)

I am currently working on getting chassis hours, but realisically that will happen on my next trip to Florida in about a month.

The motor and transmission were rebuilt. It has the the original engine and transmission that came with the car.

The car has reportly only had minor bumps and a careful inspection of the chassis shows no evidence to think otherwise.

The car was origially purchased by Stuttgart Sportcar in Brazil. See the link. They are basically Porsche in Brazil. They have the dealerships and are also the ones who own and run the Porsche Cup Challenge Brazil. Not only do they own the series, but they own all of the cars racing in the series as well. They are currently running 991's in the Porsche Cup series and 997.2 cup cars in the Porsche Challenge series. (this is why the 997.1 cup cars are coming up for sale through me now is because they are racing the 991's this season and that pushed the 997.1's out)

http://80.237.191.118/pla/brazil/default.aspx

It is a very stunning example of this car. I would love to make it part of my own collection, but my priorities need to be elsewhere at the moment.

Thanks

Ed

It is a very stunning example of this car. I would love to make it part of my own collection, but my priorities need to be elsewhere at the moment.

Thanks

Ed

Quick Reply: 2007 RSR For Sale