Porsche Cup Cars
Sponsored by:

Stepping away for a while....

Old 01-13-2014, 06:22 PM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Stepping away for a while....

After about 8 years of unbelievable experiences, I'm going to be stepping away from the racing thing for a while. I debated it hard last year around this time but did another year because I just wasn't ready to say I was done. I am now.

It seems every year gets busier and busier with work, family and other activities. My kids are all at an age now where dad needs to be around more as well. As I travel every week doing what I do for a living, it's hard to come home and then be gone racing for 3-4 days straight 8-9 weekends a year. My family has been incredibly patient and understanding of my time away and it's just time for me to return the favor and be there for them.

I will still be active in my local PCA Club but the racing is done. The 48 Hours will be my last race and I couldn't think of a better one to end on. I'll be selling my car after the race. I'll put some photos and info and, yes, even pricing... up on a separate post.

If someone would have told me what I would be embarking on 8 years ago when I got behind the wheel in my first DE, I would have told them they were bat-**** crazy! I've met a LOT of great people and will certainly miss the weekends spent hanging out and having good times. I've also gotten to know many of the people behind PCA Club and IMSA Racing and can say that they are great people who do a lot with a little to make sure we can go out and have a great time. So, to all of the people behind the scenes...Thanks!
Old 01-13-2014, 07:32 PM
93 FireHawk 968
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Great note Peter. I'm sure many if your fellow racers face the same challenge balancing priorities. It's never easy especially when the kids are in active and need you now more than ever. My kids are older, 1 graduated college and the other playing LAX at a D3 school. I'll be at every game this spring and will end up missing the races I've enjoyed competing in. There will always be another race, not so with kids activities.

On another note, you'll be happy to hear your old 996 Cup is back to its former excellent shape.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:57 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

take the kids in a motorhome to the track and call it a "camping trip"
Old 01-13-2014, 09:14 PM
mklaskin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pete, I know exactly what you mean. Best to you and your family.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:23 AM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hope all goes great for you and your family, can always come down and do some coaching!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stepping away for a while....