Porsche Cup Cars
Sponsored by:

Bosch ABS - Wheel speed sensors info

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 03:11 PM
McRae
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 on Yannick. I don't even really understand why you had to reprogram the dash, that they should have done in Meuspath.

My offer still stands, give me a call and we'll go through it calmly, to point you in the right direction.

BTW, I haven't seen you mention the on/off switch at all. That's mounted and in the "on" position?
Old 12-15-2013, 05:41 PM
cid042
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I know and I think the same, but Meuspath is quite far from here (I took one week "holidays" at the Ring to have it installed) and, as I wasn't really impressed with the work they did, I do not want to go back to them, and I think that they will ask me to...

McRae, many thanks for your offer. I will try to call you soon as I can't see what more I can do with this thing. My next 2 things would be a faulty MIL or ABS unit.

I think that I will ask KMP to troubleshoot it with the paddle shift install as I can't test either.

Yep, the on/off switch is mounted and on on. I have also tested it (=ok). Afaik the MIL should glow if the switch is off, and it doesn't.
Old 12-24-2013, 04:33 PM
cid042
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Breaking news in the ABS affair !

Long story short : After having reinstalled 3 PCs and trying harder, I found that the CD I have had with my ABS kit was not the right version (1.3.0.0 vs 1.3.1.0) and guess what ? With the correct version, I have been able to connect to the ABS ECU, which is running ok !

It learnt me 2 things :
- When the MIL should be on (like having the **** on the 12 mark), the ECU sends the on signal to the MIL. --> Buy another MIL and try again
- All sensors are ok for the ECU, including all Wheel speed sensors, so my rear sensor concern seems to turn out to be a wiring problem between the Bosch wheel speed spliiter and the Motec.

More (and I hope end !) to come when I will have a new MIL...

Ranald, Yannick, many thanks for all your help !

Quick Reply: Bosch ABS - Wheel speed sensors info