Sponsored by:

2012 sold

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 01:26 AM
karlleonard
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 sold

On way home and just logged into Facebook to see the 2012 I sold just landed into Autometrics Motorsport garage ..! Was crying when it left ..! Looks great good luck to new owner on rennlist

Old 07-14-2013, 07:55 AM
coryf
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 69 Posts

The wrap looks killer in person! The new owner is going to have it changed up a little but the chrome will stay as the base. The quiet exhaust and undertray on it was interesting. We dyno'd the car with the quiet exhaust and was surprised at how much power it cost. It sure was quiet though.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:45 PM
93 FireHawk 968
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

Now that is one shiny wrap.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:06 PM
karlleonard
Banned

Hi Cory ..! What power did it produce ..! The under tray is carbon fibre ..I think off the gt3r..! If you break it its 2k to replace ..! The exhaust is quite because uk regs..! The down pipe at back was a last minute uk spec to try get nice down abit..! Think only 200 or 300 for straight pipe out ..!

The only difference from German spec is the tail pipe ..!
I raced the 991 supercup at Silverstone and nearly had to put ear plugs in ..! No noise restrictions with Foirmula 1

I did sell a car last year to Germany and I took off the exhaust system...! M and M exhausts make nice system for them
Old 07-15-2013, 08:32 AM
coryf
Rennlist Member

We have removed the side mufflers and the center muffler with the turn downs. The center seems to be a titanium part from a RS street car with the bolt on turn downs. The upper opening has some nice block off plates. We are putting on the standard cup center muffler but just did the quick dyno check with a set of supercup pipes. (straight out from the headers without the center muffler. probably the same as the 991 you drove). The quite exhaust was costing 40 wheel hp! It came right up to normal specs with the super cup pipes on.

What was the reason for the under tray? We thought it might be for noise to help quiet some of the mechanical sound of the engine. Its a really nice part.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:40 AM
karlleonard
Banned

Yes that part if for the noise ..! When we get noise tested we always have to use the trick warm up page

That part is expensive to replace ..! What power was car and what now with exhaust .?
Get more pics up on facebook after testing ..! I see you have over 150 likes ion Facebook ..! Cool
Old 07-15-2013, 07:12 PM
coryf
Rennlist Member

Its an awesome looking car for sure! Everyone that has visited the shop loves it. Our graphics guy came by today to discuss the modified livery. He said the chrome vynl is very hard to get over here and the job your guys did was one of the best he has seen. (even compared to the wrap conventions he has been to) Apparently the chrome is hard to stretch around corners. The new owner might be doing a test day with it this weekend. Will definitely get more pics up with the new graphics when they are done. t made only 380 wheel hp with the quiet exhaust and up to the typical 420 without. It probably would have made 425 but we didn't want to run it too much and annoy our neighbors with the open supercup exhaust
Old 07-15-2013, 07:54 PM
karlleonard
Banned

I was going to take off the bluebeards stickers but didn't want to damage the wrap so sent as it is ..! Im sure easy come off .!

Quick Reply: 2012 sold